Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

another child being taught the world revolves around them...

Posted by crazycatlady 
another child being taught the world revolves around them...
June 07, 2012
http://www.boston.com/yourtown/news/jamaica_plain/2012/06/t_workers_rescue_3-year-olds_b.html?p1=News_links

3 year old has the subway stopped to retrieve her stuffed animal while rush hour commuters wait. Seriously? I would have run the thing over special just for her to watch.
Re: another child being taught the world revolves around them...
June 07, 2012
crazycatlady
Seriously? I would have run the thing over special just for her to watch.

And then backed up the train to hit the toy again for good measure.
June 07, 2012
The fact this cow even asked a station attendant what could be done is entitled. Did she honestly think people were going to risk holding up traffic, or worse yet, being killed for her cunt nugget's toy??? If I had been the first employee this bitch found, she would have been politely told no. If I was in a bad mood, she would have been flipped off and/or called a cunt.
June 07, 2012
From the sound of it, the moos wouldn't have pursued the issue if the attendant had told them there's nothing they can do, but I guess we'll never know. Even though it probably would have turned into a lowfest, I'm sure the passengers would have preferred a few-minute delay over commuting next to a screaming toadler. This story made it seem like this was almost routine, though. As if things are getting dropped down there all the time and they have a procedure for retrieving them.
June 07, 2012
I remember when I was around kindergarten-age, I left my two favorite stuffed animals in a movie theater and I sobbed and wept. But I think I forgot all about it a week later. Kids.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
June 07, 2012
I have the misfortune of riding the Orange line (albeit, my stops are at the opposite end) but when there's a back up at one station, there's a trickle down effect. I get email alerts about "switching problems" and "delays" and I got one around the time this happened. I do not care one iota that a kid dropped their toy. Unless a human being was on the track, traffic shouldn't be stopped. Also, the parent must've been pushing that stroller too close to the edge of the platform if the kid dropped the toy. Otherwise, the kid tossed the toy and it's her own damn fault.
June 07, 2012
Great. They set a precedent. Now every time this happens, they'll stop the T.

I could even see retrieving it during a slow period or when the T closes (yes, folks, the T closes just before the bars do :iws ), but during rush hour?

Suck me, Beautiful. the world 'fail' on flames

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
"I have learned that pleasing everyone is impossible, but pissing everyone off is easy and fun as hell"

:eatu
Yeah, they should prioritize on whether they stop the T for anything. A toy, unless it is made of adamantium and would derail the train, should not be priority. A person, yes! Super priority! But during rush hour???? I would be irritated a little even for a person.... lol! I drive to work every day, so I know how irritating it is to spend 45 minutes in traffic to drive 11 miles, and even more irritating it is to spend 1.5 hours on Friday afternoons for the same distance. Boston is so awesome with that! yay! But to not even have the power to take an alternate route because you are stuck on the T, stuck under the control of other people with no way to avoid it except to get off and walk.... THAT would make me INSANE!!!!!! and I already want to go postal when I drive, nevermind my commute being worsened because of a stupid kid and their stupid toy.:sbx
June 08, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
I remember when I was around kindergarten-age, I left my two favorite stuffed animals in a movie theater and I sobbed and wept. But I think I forgot all about it a week later. Kids.

And like a lot of us of a certain age, your parents probably said something along the lines of "You should have taken better care of it."

How times have changed. angry smiley

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Shauna's like a gluten-free Jim Jones for dumb, lifeless middle-aged women. I swear, this bitch could set fire to a orphanage and they would applaud her for bringing them light. ~ Miss Hannigan
June 08, 2012
Stopping for a fucking toy? Sheesh.

For those who mentioned stopping for people - I get pissed off every time my train stops for a person. It's a popular method of suicide here and I don't like being late for work because someone decided to end it...it's not as if stopping the train saves the person.

I would be livid at having to make up time at work over some fucking stuffed animal.
June 08, 2012
I didn't think the trains were so not-busy that they had time to stop the fucking rail traffic for someone's pweshus toy. Even if it was something more valuable like a gold ring or money, I would never dream of asking the trains to come to a grinding halt because I was rooting around through trash and rat shit looking for something.

Fuck, anytime I'm on a train or a bus, I get pissed when it stops to pick up people. Fuck everyone and everything - I want to get where I'm going NOW. Yes, I am impatient. smiling smiley Someone's head would be rolling if I had to wait on an immobile train because someone's dumbass little bastard lost their fucking toy. It would be a good time to teach the kid that the world does not stop just for your non-special little ass and if you don't take care of your shit, it may get lost or ruined.

Gods, what next? "Stop the plane and go back! Junior left Mr. Flurggles in the airport lounge!", "But we're 20 minutes from our destination!", "I said go back NOOOOOOW! Obviously you don't have children and you don't understand!"
June 08, 2012
Cambion
I didn't think the trains were so not-busy that they had time to stop the fucking rail traffic for someone's pweshus toy. Even if it was something more valuable like a gold ring or money, I would never dream of asking the trains to come to a grinding halt because I was rooting around through trash and rat shit looking for something.

Yeah. If I dropped something on the tracks I would be annoyed with myself but consider it a write-off. I can't imagine asking staff to stop public transit on my behalf. Even if they would do it, I would feel like such an entitled jackass for asking.
June 08, 2012
Pee-Wee Herman could have told me to get married to the stuff I was attached to. When I lost a treasured item and couldn't get it back, I got the shoulder shrug and the 'oh well' sentiment. I'd get upset and sulk but I got over it. I didn't turn out to become a serial killer.

The girl should have been taught a serious lesson about reality here, but noooo, she gets to brag about her stupid toy to everyone who will and won't listen to her. Brat.
June 08, 2012
One more reason for people to avoid taking public transit. I already hate taking the bus, because the one that goes down my street, often doesn't show up when it's supposed to. I don't know how many times I was late going somewhere because the effing thing just didn't show up!

If I was held up on the train because someone's bastard threw their toy on the track and they wanted to have it retrieved? I would be fucking LIVID!! angry smiley

I have a feeling there will be many angry passengers who will forward very angry complaint letters because of this.
After all...nobody gives a damn about some random bastard's toy. They care about their jobs, or wherever they have to be at that time.

And as far as SlumSlut's assertion about this setting a precedent? I agree. Once this starts happening, it will become an expectation. Idiots and their kyds will be throwing their shit down on the tracks, and just EXPECT that the train be stopped so their pwecious items can be retrieved. Maybe this will even become the new way to baybeestalk innocent people. Fuck Humanity!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login