Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nudists have to sue to block kids!

Posted by thom_c 
Nudists have to sue to block kids!
June 03, 2012
I Like to keep an eye on Palm Springs news becasue it's only a short flight in the Piper for a weekend away.

Saw this:

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/05/desert_sun_resort_palm_springs.php

[UPDATE]: Nude Resort in Palm Springs Sues in OC to Protect No-Kids Policy

Original 3-23-2012 post: Orange County's Elizabeth and John Young bought one of the premier Palm Springs nudist resorts in 2008 and, given obviously valid worries about pedophiles, thought they were doing the right thing three years later when they instituted a "no kids" policy.

But last month a lawyer sent the Youngs a letter threatening a lawsuit on behalf of anonymous individuals demanding financial damages if they insisted on enforcing the "no-kids" and "couples-only day pass" policy at their Desert Sun Resort.

Attempts by the Youngs' lawyers to get the law firm of Slovak Baron & Empey LLP to reveal the identities of their clients and to describe the specific instances of alleged discrimination weren't successful.

Rest at link

June 03, 2012
Crikey Moses - really? I honestly assumed a nudist resort would be childfree, it did not occur to me that people would want to take kids there. Why? Just, fuck, really?
Re: Nudists have to sue to block kids!
June 03, 2012
blundy
Crikey Moses - really? I honestly assumed a nudist resort would be childfree, it did not occur to me that people would want to take kids there. Why? Just, fuck, really?

*shrug* Some families are naturists, which is no biggie to me. The point is that a privately held resort ought to be able to dictate (within discriminatory laws) who they wish to service. If they don't want people below a certain age there, the parents can just find someplace else to get naked with their kids. They don't have a right to dictate to the people who own/run the resort that they must accept kids.

Looking at the link against, the plaintiffs seem to be basing it on an alleged violation of the Unruh Civil Rights Act, which states:

All persons within the jurisdiction of this state are free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or medical condition are
entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever. Civil Code section 51(b)

I hope the resort wins and counter sues for costs.
June 03, 2012
I almost suspect that these people are looking for a way to make $.

But, I'm cynical like that.
June 04, 2012
I would go into the lawsuit. I would get a print out if pedophiles in the area to present as why the beach needs to remain child free.
June 04, 2012
Dorisan
blundy

*shrug* Some families are naturists, which is no biggie to me. The point is that a privately held resort ought to be able to dictate (within discriminatory laws) who they wish to service. If they don't want people below a certain age there, the parents can just find someplace else to get naked with their kids. They don't have a right to dictate to the people who own/run the resort that they must accept kids.

Looking at the link against, the plaintiffs seem to be basing it on an alleged violation of the Unruh Civil Rights Act, which states:

All persons within the jurisdiction of this state are free and equal, and no matter what their sex, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, disability, or medical condition are
entitled to the full and equal accommodations, advantages facilities, privileges, or services in all business establishments of every kind whatsoever. Civil Code section 51(b)

The law states nothing about age.

The anonymous plaintiffs are wimps and thieves. If they really believe in this, why not come forward? I didn't even think you could sue anonymously, that is just wrong.
June 04, 2012
blondie
Dorisan
blundy

The law states nothing about age.

The anonymous plaintiffs are wimps and thieves. If they really believe in this, why not come forward? I didn't even think you could sue anonymously, that is just wrong.

Neither did I.
June 06, 2012
I dont even know what to say.. Why does every goddamned breeder in the world think that the world belongs to them!? Seriously!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
So.. We know that food and water are running out, with overpopulation and all... Yet people keep on poppin' out those babies! I guess they want to have their baby and eat it too...

My top reason is that parenting gives you a free license to be selfish based purely on the fact that you're being selfish for an emanation of your own self. The illusion that what you do to benefit your children benefits them solely is a fallacy. Every parent benefits from the benefits that their children receive. Henceforth, it gives one a license to perpetuate a dog-eat-dog mentality that I perceive to be amoral. Parents say that their children are their greatest loves, what they forget to add is that they are their ONLY loves and only because their children are a reflection of themselves. I prefer to be able to love multiple people and have lasting relationships of many types and possess the essential core value of empathy for all than to restrict myself to an echo chamber of ego-masturbation and self-serving chicanery.

In short: Not parenting makes you a better person.
June 06, 2012
These people want to scream, "Pedophile!" until it means that they're blockaded from certain places. You can't kick out an old man from a bookstore and then want to take your kids to an adult-only nude beach.
Anonymous User
June 06, 2012
The people bringing the suit have no standing btw: you cannot sue unless you can show imminent harm or actual harm. It can't be a "preemptive" lawsuit without a damn good reason.

Plus, due to the nature of the resort and the chiyyyld protection issues, I really can't see a judge letting this go on past finding no standing to even get to the actual question.
June 06, 2012
There is a clothing optional park here in Austin, no angry moos stampeding demanding people let their brats in, people accept it and move on with their life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
June 07, 2012
I don't give a shit if it's politically correct or not, but I think people who go to nudist colonies are weirdos.Why anyone would desire to intermingle with strangers while they're naked to eat, play volleyball, or sit around a campfire is beyond me. Unless they are getting naked for a sex orgy, I don't see the point. All of the documentaries I have seen about it have the regulars saying it has nothing to do with sex, so apparently they just like being naked and mixing with other unclothed people as they go about the business of routine daily functions. Our bodies have too many leaks for me to desire to sit around with a bunch of naked people I don't know.

The thought of seeing some gross old man's junk dangling down between his legs, the dimply or encrusted asshole of a stranger, some woman's jungle bush with her open twat exposed, surgical scars, body juice of any type, or somebody's milk bagless tits or moobs while I am trying to eat isn't enticing to me at all. Like with other lifestyle choices, I couldn't care any less what other consenting adults do,but since a child isn't making his own choice, I think kids should be BANNED from nudist type places for a variety of reason including the perv connection, among others.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 07, 2012
And you just know, if some Chester does by chance grab someone's naked brat and take him into a toilet to molest him, THEN the breeders are going to be screaming about. "Why didn't you make this place adults onlyyyyyy?!!" and then they'll sue about that too.

I'm another one who always assumed nudist beaches were childfree to begin with. Because, hey, bunch of naked adults in one place doesn't really seem like someplace for kids. Besides, would you really want someone's little bastard pointing and loudly saying shit like, "Why's that woman so fat? Why's that man brown?"

Unfortunately for these pussies who are anonymously suing, age is one way we can legally discriminate in this country. The law in question is not being violated in any way because there is nothing on there about age. This is because and this may come as a shock to breeders - children do not fucking belong everywhere. They are not fucking entitled to everything. Next thing you know, they'll be wanting to lower the legal age to smoke, drink, get a license and run for president. Let's lower all those ages to two years old so the pweshuses won't feel discriminated against and have their delicate widdle self-esteem obliterated.
June 07, 2012
Cambion
I'm another one who always assumed nudist beaches were childfree to begin with. Because, hey, bunch of naked adults in one place doesn't really seem like someplace for kids. Besides, would you really want someone's little bastard pointing and loudly saying shit like, "Why's that woman so fat? Why's that man brown?"

Or even better, "Look Daddy, that man's peepee is way bigger than yours." "Mommy, why do your milkies look like a cow's? That lady's are perfect. Your stomach looks like an elephant, tee hee."

Then again, I had been on a group hike to some hot springs taken over by nudists and most of those willing to get naked are not people one wants to see in that state.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 07, 2012
Thought folk had the right to face their accusers.
Probably in court they will.
Jack asshole breeders.
They want it both ways and everyone else is supposed to be psychic as to when.

two cents ¢¢

CERTIFIED HOSEHEAD!!!

people (especially women) do not give ONE DAMN about what they inflict on children and I defy anyone to prove me wrong

Dysfunctional relationships almost always have a child. The more dysfunctional, the more children.

The selfish wants of adults outweigh the needs of the child.

Some mistakes cannot be fixed, but some mistakes can be 'fixed'.

People who say they sleep like a baby usually don't have one. Leo J. Burke

Adoption agencies have strict criteria (usually). Breeders, whose combined IQ's would barely hit triple digits, have none.
June 07, 2012
navi8orgirl
Then again, I had been on a group hike to some hot springs taken over by nudists and most of those willing to get naked are not people one wants to see in that state.

Yes! Oh my goodness WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??? I would think that there should be fitness requirements for places like that. No scary lards, cottage cheese butts, sagging boobs, untrimmed/ unshaved or otherwise unmaintained pubic hair or other frightening charactaristics allowed.
crazycatlady
navi8orgirl

Yes! Oh my goodness WHAT IS THAT ABOUT??? I would think that there should be fitness requirements for places like that. No scary lards, cottage cheese butts, sagging boobs, untrimmed/ unshaved or otherwise unmaintained pubic hair or other frightening charactaristics allowed.

Er, those are the same nasty things said about people who dare to appear in bathing suits on the average beach. That is, proper shaving makes sense if you AREN'T at a nudist beach, but being fat or old is Not Rude. Even Miss Manners felt the need to point that out; she said something to the effect of: "The world was not made only for supermodels."
Cambion
Besides, would you really want someone's little bastard pointing and loudly saying shit like, "Why's that woman so fat? Why's that man brown?"

I've been to nudist beaches - in Europe - and I never heard kids talk like that. Europeans do plenty of things better than Americans do.

But, I will take the opportunity to say that this is why I don't understand the concept of "indoor voice" and "outdoor voice." That is, it's not how they say it, it's WHAT they say. Since preschoolers say horribly embarrassing things ALL the time, I think the rule should be, instead: "You can yell at the playground. When we're off the playground, WHISPER everything until I give you permission to talk a tiny bit louder. (This of course, would only be when the child is not sitting near strangers.) Indoors OR outdoors."
Anonymous User
June 07, 2012
kidlesskim
The thought of seeing some gross old man's junk dangling down between his legs, the dimply or encrusted asshole of a stranger, some woman's jungle bush with her open twat exposed, surgical scars, body juice of any type, or somebody's milk bagless tits or moobs while I am trying to eat isn't enticing to me at all.

DAYUM!! waving hellolarious

I'm not going to lie, when I was in St. Martin/St. Maarten, I wanted to hang out the nude beach and swim and lay around. But I felt too self-conscious, too many people. blushing Yes, a lot of them looked jacked up, but some of them looked pretty yummy. If I could get on an ultra private resort or my own house, I would like it. In 95-degree weather, swimming in the jewel- like Caribbean Sea, in a string bikini, feels sooo goood. I wouldn't mind trying naked, just once! grinning smiley
lenona
crazycatlady
navi8orgirl

Er, those are the same nasty things said about people who dare to appear in bathing suits on the average beach. That is, proper shaving makes sense if you AREN'T at a nudist beach, but being fat or old is Not Rude. Even Miss Manners felt the need to point that out; she said something to the effect of: "The world was not made only for supermodels."

Found it. To read it, move the little blue rectangle on the right.

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1828&dat=19800530&id=pEAdAAAAIBAJ&sjid=H6cEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1153,6929885

It also appears in her book "Miss Manners' Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behavior."
June 08, 2012
Regarding it's not rude to be fat, old, or ugly line of thinking, I would certainly agree! However, while we might not can help being bloated, scarred, hairy, dimpled, wrinkled, or leaky, we can cover it up so no one else has to suffer the sight we may see in the mirror every day! My uncle, who isn't exactly good looking, has been known to say, "I know people can't help it if they are ugly, but they could stay at home!". Seriously, I don't care if someone has a center fold body, I just don't want to mingle among strangers when they are naked. Therefore, I choose to "stay home" where nudist colonies are concerned, but more power to the brave ones who enjoy being naked around people they don't know.bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login