Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shocker - Half Decent Child Free Article on The Stir

Posted by jezebel_daisy 
Shocker - Half Decent Child Free Article on The Stir
June 19, 2012
I nearly fainted when I read this since it was actually half decent and posted on The Stir...

http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/139083/lesson_36_choosing_to_live

Only 10 comments so far and most are supportive. Of course, I expect the bingos and lowing to start soon since it is only a recent post!
Re: Shocker - Half Decent Child Free Article on The Stir
June 19, 2012
I guess I'm a bit turned off by the overly simplistic comparison of not having kyds to not wearing a sweater...sure, it's overly-simplified for the moooos over on the stir, but some people have known their entire lives that they never wanted to wear "a sweater" while others struggled whether or not to wear that sweater their entire lives.

There are a few bingoes in the article too...which is typical, since it is written by a moo...like how she has a difficult time understanding why some people wouldn't want to wear that sweater....REALLY???

There is nothing about chyld-rearing that would make intelligent people think twice? Nothing could ever go wrong with that life-altering decision? (Chyld-rearing is a life-altering decision, while wearing a sweater is NOT.)

More moooo ponderings about life on the other side of the fence. I can commend her on her effort, but I don't really think her sweater theory applies to me or my life.
June 19, 2012
I agree re: the sweater analogy being very over simplified but we must keep in mind the target audience of this website and so the dumbing down was probably needed! smiling smiley
I think I was just surprised that it wasn't crammed full of bingos, etc, like so many other articles I've read as of late.
June 19, 2012
jezebel_daisy
I agree re: the sweater analogy being very over simplified but we must keep in mind the target audience of this website and so the dumbing down was probably needed! smiling smiley
I think I was just surprised that it wasn't crammed full of bingos, etc, like so many other articles I've read as of late.

Agreed jezebel daisy, I suppose it's the best we can expect from a moo...and it is kind of funny in a way. Dumbing-down for the benefit of its target reading audience is something that should be expected.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login