Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"you were a child once too" grrrrrrrrrr

Posted by chevygirl54 
"you were a child once too" grrrrrrrrrr
June 26, 2012
I am so sick of hearing this shit, and reading it as well. I know I was a child once, but I was also a whiny, snot mouthed teenager too. Does that make it mandatory for me to like children just because I used to be one? Do I have to like teenagers as well, just because I used to be one?

I really hate this argument. I hate it almost as much as the "kids will be kids" argument. I stopped going to a couple of forums I used to like because people insisted on zinging this at me if I had the audacity to make one critical remark about children.

Exactly what the fuck does "you were a child once" mean? Am I supposed to feel bad that I don't like children just because I used to be one? Can anyone explain this to me?
Anonymous User
Re: "you were a child once too" grrrrrrrrrr
June 26, 2012
These statements are coming from breeders so no one should
Expect them to make any sense the only thing that makes sense for them is to use their genitals and keep reproducing..
I have found that there is no reasoning with these dumb breeders
June 26, 2012
I don't try to reason with them either, their judgement is clearly clouded, but I just get really pissed off hearing it because it makes no sense whatsoever to me.
June 26, 2012
What I understand about that sentence, I won't repeat it because I hate it so badly, is that once upon a time you and I were the whiny screaming brats we now complain about. What the people who spout that crap fail to realize is that my mother, (and I'm assuming yours as well), would have beaten my ass for throwing food in a restaurant. My mother would have taken me to the rest room, ripped off my pants and spanked my butt for the behavior kyds get away with in public these days. It's the same logic breeders use for letting their loaves scream all through a movie. If I wanted to hear a screaming loaf I can stay home and watch Youtube. I don't have to pay $45 for a movie.

If I had dared touch a stranger's clothing with dirty hands my mother would have slapped my hand and apologized to the person. My mother would not have smiled at the person who's dress I had just ruined. (True story).

Is anyone required to enjoy feral brats in public on the screwed up logic that "you were one once?" Hell fucking no in my opinion.
June 26, 2012
Agreed.

Now I know for a fact that I wasn't always a delightful child, I do know that my parents did not tolerate any bullshit from us. I would never have been allowed to run shrieking through a restaurant or to talk back to anyone who was an adult, no matter who they were. If I started screaming like a howler monkey in public I would have been told to be quiet or face some unpleasant consequences, so I am reasonably sure that if I ever did do this, it was only once because I learned a hard lesson.
June 26, 2012
I WAS a child once.

Since I can understand, in retrospect, what kind of terribly selfish, attention seeking, nasty little monster I was, I see the wisdom of not MAKING a child.

I am perfectly serious. I remember clearly the moment in wich I understood that my parents were people with other things to do beside me. I was in bed and didn't want to sleep, so I keep bothering my parents ("MAMA! I want some water! MAMA! I am lonely! MAMA! There is a monster under the bed" etc etc). Then it hit me. Maybe my mother had something else to do! O_O It was an epyphany. I was I think 11.
Not a small kid.

Face it: your children might love you, but the definition of love a child has is VERY different from the one an adult has.
I don't want that kind of love. The love of one who doesn't get that I exist separately from him.

SO, since I was a kid, and I have a terrific memory, and I remember how horrible I was and the way I used to love my parents, I don't want one grinning smiley

This bingo has never worked well with me grinning smiley
I was once a teenager. That doesn't mean I can still get drunk, wrap my car around a telephone pole, and have my parents come bail me out.

I was once a toddler. That doesn't mean I can throw a temper tantrum when I don't get candy

I was once a baby. That doesn't mean I can still sh!t my pants and have other people change me.

Stupid. F*cking. Breeders.
June 26, 2012
I agree with you, t. I was the most horrendous, whiny, screechy, annoying kid ever, and I gave my parents a run for their money. I didn't improve much with age except changing how I tortured them. I was difficult til I hit college. Then I grew up. Oh, and my mom used to say this to me: "you just wait til you have your own kids... then I am going to laugh" Well, look who's laughing now? But my parents are cool with my decision. they probably understand why I don't want that mess... lol!
June 26, 2012
Hey, I was a strung out crack ho once, I guess I should like all strung out crack hos. Hey, I'm Asian, I guess I should just buddy up to every fucking person from that continent. Hey, I've got a vagina, I guess I should love and identify with every woman out there.

That has go to be the dumbest fucking rationalization for putting up with bullshit I've ever heard.
June 26, 2012
Like any other bingo, the person saying it seems to think they are saying something original and a complete argument. This is merely a true statement. Yes, I was once a child. And what is the argument that follows that?

I think it's supposed to go along the lines of "other people tolerated your bad behavior when you were young, so you should tolerate it in others now." However, as many people have pointed out, they were simply not allowed to behave badly for an extended period of time in public. There's a reason that I've become less tolerant of children, and it is because bad behavior is not an odd punctuation to the day, but something you can count on happening all the fucking time.

Also, when I was a kid, adults could get away from children a lot more easily, so people who didn't want to deal with me didn't have to.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012
I hear this a lot too, and just because I was once a child, doesn't mean I have to like them. Honestly, humanity is riding a handcar to Hell with society and civility because of breeders and their sprogs, and every time I or my GF mention this... we are bingoed.
June 26, 2012
I was a child once, and I was well behaved. My parents tolerated no bullshit from me. Shouldn't I expect the same from other people's offspring?

Of course, sometimes I like to fuck with people and say, "No I wasn't. I arrived on Earth fully grown." It bamboozles 'em.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
June 26, 2012
I was also a child. I was quiet, well-behaved and good. I couldn't stand other kyds around me that behaved like cretins. I hated how they ran around, screaming...throwing things at one another and such.

My childless aunt used to have a lovely home, filled with crystal, glass and beautiful, antique furniture, and when breeders brought their ill-behaved spawn, I would watch them like a hawk to make sure that they didn't destroy anything.

I saw the way other kyds acted and I hated it. To this day I still hate it. I don't like a lot of noise and chaos around me, I'm a peaceful, quiet person to this day.

"You were a chyld once too" is stupid because most kyds today act even worse than I remember...and they are dragged every goddamned place I go, even places I wasn't allowed to go despite my quiet, introverted nature.

If some idiot breeder uses that bingo on me, my answer is, "I was a chyld once too...I didn't like them them, and I still don't like them today."
satansbitch
What I understand about that sentence, I won't repeat it because I hate it so badly, is that once upon a time you and I were the whiny screaming brats we now complain about. What the people who spout that crap fail to realize is that my mother, (and I'm assuming yours as well), would have beaten my ass for throwing food in a restaurant. My mother would have taken me to the rest room, ripped off my pants and spanked my butt for the behavior kyds get away with in public these days.

I think the problem is, since spanking is very much frowned on these days (especially within earshot of strangers) too many parents mistakenly believe that means that ANY punishment that's strong enough to insure the kid won't do "that" again is somehow wrong. No, it isn't wrong.

And, of course, there are those parents who are too cheap to spring for a babysitter and/or have been brainwashed to feel guilty for wanting time away from the kids, so they take them to fancy restauarants. Not to mention those who think that kids somehow can't be taught at HOME to sit still and be quiet before they get taken to any restaurant that isn't a fast-food place.
June 26, 2012
I like to tell people, "Yes, I was a child once. I grew out of it. I didn't like kids much back then, either."
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012
zeropop
I like to tell people, "Yes, I was a child once. I grew out of it. I didn't like kids much back then, either."

Drat. You beat me to it. :beer
June 26, 2012
Bugs Bunny
I was once a teenager. That doesn't mean I can still get drunk, wrap my car around a telephone pole, and have my parents come bail me out.

I was once a toddler. That doesn't mean I can throw a temper tantrum when I don't get candy

I was once a baby. That doesn't mean I can still sh!t my pants and have other people change me.

Stupid. F*cking. Breeders.

waving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolariouswaving hellolarious

That was funnier than you probably meant it to be.
June 26, 2012
yurble

Also, when I was a kid, adults could get away from children a lot more easily, so people who didn't want to deal with me didn't have to.
Please explain this to me. How could adults get away from kids easier? I'd like to do this nowadays. smiling smiley
June 26, 2012
This Bingo makes NO fucking sense. I think that is probably how I'd respond if someone said that to me. "And your point is? Do you know that what you just said makes no sense?"
Stupid burns.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012
mumofsixbirds
I was also a child. I was quiet, well-behaved and good. I couldn't stand other kyds around me that behaved like cretins. I hated how they ran around, screaming...throwing things at one another and such.

My childless aunt used to have a lovely home, filled with crystal, glass and beautiful, antique furniture, and when breeders brought their ill-behaved spawn, I would watch them like a hawk to make sure that they didn't destroy anything.

I saw the way other kyds acted and I hated it. To this day I still hate it. I don't like a lot of noise and chaos around me, I'm a peaceful, quiet person to this day.

"You were a chyld once too" is stupid because most kyds today act even worse than I remember...and they are dragged every goddamned place I go, even places I wasn't allowed to go despite my quiet, introverted nature.

If some idiot breeder uses that bingo on me, my answer is, "I was a chyld once too...I didn't like them them, and I still don't like them today."

Thank you. You pretty much said what I was going to say. I was a quiet, sensitive child. And I was really tiny. So I got teased and sometimes bullied. Being a military brat didn't help. I remember not wanting to be around a lot of other kids. I was about 7 or 8. Being painful shy around kids is like being in shark infested waters with a deep gash in your leg. Sheesh, I didn't start standing up for myself until I was 35! I'm so glad to be an adult.

chris450slc "I hear this a lot too, and just because I was once a child, doesn't mean I have to like them. Honestly, humanity is riding a handcar to Hell with society and civility because of breeders and their sprogs, and every time I or my GF mention this... we are bingoed."

I don't feel sorry for them. I just want to live my life and then quietly check out.
June 26, 2012
And I hated being a child. The adults around me were doing interesting things. It didn't help that I was reading a an adult level by the time I was eight. So I was also aware of all sorts of other things that adults got to do. The phrase I heard over and over was "maybe when you're older".

If I wasn't interested in childish things the first time around, why would I want to suffer through it again?
June 26, 2012
I also wasn't much of a fan of "being a kyd" during my childhood. I always looked forward to being an adult. My childhood was neither bad nor overwhelmingly happy. For the most part my homelife was good, and my parents were loving and decent (if not sometimes too strict). My childhood was a mix of good and bad as I'm sure a lot of people would say, but I won't romanticize it as some amazing time in my life. I've gotten to have much more interesting experiences as an adult than I had as a child or teenager. I have a lot of fun being myself and feel comfortable in my own skin as an adult, as I grew up and put the sad things from childhood behind me. Getting out on my own as an adult gave me the ability to explore my interests and travel.

As a kid, I never felt comfortable with myself, mostly because of other asshole kyds who bullied me. I was also small for my age (still shorter than average), and was a shy and sensitive child. It really is like spilling chum during a shark feeding frenzy! 0_o I didn't like other kyds with the exception of a very few, close friends I had over the years. In high school I was more social and made better friends, a few of whom I'm still in touch with. But most kyds were terrible and I hated them. Kyds are just cruel most of the time. So when people use this stupid argument against me, I can tell them that yes, I was once a child, and every day I looked forward to my adulthood where I could be independent and make my own decisions, like the decision not to have kyds! grinning smiley
Anonymous User
June 26, 2012
I got this one a week or so back, and my reply was - yes, and it's a serious fucking design flaw. If I was God, I'd fix that, quick smart.
June 26, 2012
I'll go along with M6 and TBB.

I too was quiet and well behaved. And very geeky. Spare ya the details, we'll say "Lisa Simpson" grinning smiley I attended private academies for the advanced also. Began Uni early. 16. I'm not some super prodigy or anything LOL.

And I'll be the first to admit that there are many things I don't know. I have kind of a 'narrow band' of intelligence. I'd like to think I'm reasonably intelligent in general. Or, I may be an idiot - who knows? grinning smiley

I was just out with an attractive young Latino friend - not a date - we discussed engineering projects. Seriously.
Geek Fest! LOL

Would you like to hear about it? The wisdom of 'notching' a dam? (We can't see it.) The real estate prices in the Quad Cities area? And / or other parts of IA? Perhaps a comparison to Kansas City? (KS). The failure of various (ill planned and executed) public works projects in Communist China or Russia? How about a comparison of highway construction between IL and MI? *That's* always interesting!

Yes. It's always a wild swingin party with me! grinning smiley

I am glad to know plenty of interesting and intelligent people, for sure!

What else are you going to talk about? Some boring crap?

I'm sure 'regular' people would find my interests boring.

I do like some 'normal' things, too. I'm trying to think of what - I just got the sudden urge to play Frisbee. LOL

Yeah, anyway. I've always been rather 'serious' and 'eggheaded'. I spent my teen years completing an engineering degree. And then went back for more! Twice!

I need to have my mind occupied. I can't stand to be bored. The 'family lifestyle' would bore me silly!

I'm sure 'they' might find my life boring.

I like to try to view all people as 'individuals' - but the Family Set (most of them) really do seem to clone up with The Borg for the most part.
Consider how they all repeat the same Bingos - and - appear to believe in them.

So yeah about the RE prices in Iowa ...

LOL

BTW - I just LOVE to read about everyone's experiences here! There's some really sharp people on here! That's why I like this place smiling smiley

:beer
June 26, 2012
serial killers were children once, too.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login