Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-choice signs every 10 miles along Missouri highway

Posted by Anonymous User 
Mr. Crazy4cats is a long-haul truck driver and usually stays within the southwestern states. But, he is on a rare trip through rural Missouri. There are paid billboards along with oodles of homemade signs with the worst pro-life bingos I've ever heard. There is literally one every 10 minutes. I should start compiling a list. So far my favorites are:

Chose life. Your parents did.
Trust Jesus. Choice life.
Smile mom. You chose life.
When you get the gate, you will be asked if you protected your unborn children.
God creates what abortion kills.
Re: Anti-choice signs every 10 miles along Missouri highway
June 30, 2012
stillcrazy4cats
Mr. Crazy4cats is a long-haul truck driver and usually stays within the southwestern states. But, he is on a rare trip through rural Missouri. There are paid billboards along with oodles of homemade signs with the worst pro-life bingos I've ever heard. There is literally one every 10 minutes. I should start compiling a list. So far my favorites are:

Chose life. Your parents did.
Trust Jesus. Choice life.
Smile mom. You chose life.
When you get the gate, you will be asked if you protected your unborn children.
God creates what abortion kills.

I take the I-70 route between St. Louis and KC when going to visit family. The businesses seem to have fallen on hard times; you don't see as many these days; but equally dispersed between the fundy pro-liar signs were advertisements for "XXXXX Adult Book Store and Video Emporium. Truckers welcome." Nothing like enticing one to pleasure between the scolding fundie xtian signs :lips

My family got all twitterpated when Dh and I announced we were leaving the St. Louis area and moving to North Carolina, thinking the worst of the south (actually the southeast). But I find a more repressive atmosphere returning to my native Midwest than around here.
June 30, 2012
I have to pass a couple of those on my way down the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains where I reside on my way into town along with, "JESUS SAVES!" and, "The end is near, repent NOW!" signs too. It's so common down here it goes mostly unnoticed like a bush in the woods. Personally, I think roadside commercial ads, personal messages, and/or scrolling or computerized advertising should be BANNED. It's not only distracting and potentially dangerous, it looks like shit for all those signs to litter up the roadways.thumbs updown

ALSO on my roadside "ban" list would be all of these RIDICULOUS makeshift memorials where people have been killed in wrecks a decade ago and they keep dumping flowers out there every so often and shitting up the roadside with Teddy Bears, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" balloons, and whatnot. WHY they don't just do that at the graveside is a mystery to me.eye rolling smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 01, 2012
As if a billboard is going to change my mind. On the contrary, it only makes me happier with my choices.

There is a Catholic church up the road from me that puts up anti-abortion signs about once a month or so. I hardly ever notice it anymore, but it used to piss me off. Who the fuck are they to tell me what to do? I am not even Catholic.
July 01, 2012
There's a buttload of these things on I-75 and the turnpike to Orlando that I have to look at every time we go to Universal. Things like how the heart starts beating after X amount of days, a picture of a woman looking sheepish while holding a pee-stick, etc. I wish I could burn them; the XXX establishment billboards are less offensive.
Around my small town every year you'll see these spaces next to churches and schools full of white crosses that are supposed to represent aborted clumps. Really its offensive cause I wish there was a way to represent all the women who've died/been injured in childbirth and the lives wrecked by having a babyee, too. Fuck white crosses for dead clumps being put above real people.
July 01, 2012
according to the billboards i saw while driving from seattle to SC in order to live my life right i must: read the bible, own a gun, not have an abortion and buy lots and lots of fireworks.
July 01, 2012
You see this shit in Washington state too. I've seen several different "save the unborn loaves" signs and the "Jeebus Saves" on someone's wooded property or a Bible verse of some kind.

I think the best thing to do is just ignore these people. There really isn't any other option. They have no power and their stupid signs mean absolutely nothing to me. Or to anyone else except their own kind.
July 01, 2012
I went from one side of Lake Michigan to the other - I have pretty much always lived 'here' (spent some time elsewhere, most time here though).

This is a densely packed urban area.

The thing I drive most, to get from one end of this area to the other would be the Tri State Tollway. This goes between WI - MI.

And it's a white knuckler all the way. Billboards? Booze, Food, Lawyers, Strip Clubs. I don't look at them really - you run risk of being killed on this thing. I can't even describe it! And I've driven the Autobahn in Germany and the M1 in UK. Also many 'bad traffic' areas of the US.

This is just - I can't even describe it. Beyond words. You're taking your life in your hands! It is also *always* under construction.

Other roads of note in the general area - Rt. 83 - should be called Death Race 83. I355 - that's the speed limit on that one.

Half Day Road - you'll sit there for half a day, in the gridlock.

Most of the billboards around here are for booze ~
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login