Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CF are "jealous" of moos!

Posted by danity 
CF are "jealous" of moos!
July 08, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2170341/Liz-Jones-Being-childless-wont-drive-mad-Mumsnet-might.html

Very rarely do I agree with Liz Jones, but this article spoke to me.

Then I read this comment

I'm a mother of 3, a wife of 25 years and a senior manager in an IT company leading a team of 38. In my experience people like you Liz are the problem staff. There are two childless women in their late 40's on my team. They both have the same put upon attitude and think they do more work than anyone else but the simple fact is they don't. One spends hours in the loo crying because some other member of staff has got pregnant, given birth or whatever and the other is constantly taking time off to deal with her "fur babies". They are completely inflexible and refuse to do overtime without a least a weeks notice. My younger staff detest them. Most of my team have children. These people are not focused only on themselves and work very hard when they are at work. They are resilient and flexible because you have to be to be a good parent. You only hate all us mums and wives because it's a club you can never join.

Are you fucking shitting me?!!
Yeah right moo! We all wanna be in your club and are secretly jealous!
How fucking deluded is this asshole? waving hellolarious
Re: CF are "jealous" of moos!
July 08, 2012
There are a number of problem with that stupid comment:

1. I am always very wary of people who brags in the internet about how cool they are and how they are great in their job, great with their kids and have a wonderful marriage. Usually, something is not like that, or they have completely lost any sembiance of personal life. Or they are lying.

2. Childless is not childfree. A woman of 40 who is infertile is different from a woman of 40 who don't want kids. So, the woman who cries herself in the loo, admitting she exist, is not a childfree woman.

3. It is possible that the woman with the "furrbabies" is either an animal right activist (one of those who have 10+ cats or dogs) or that she is lying, or that she is more irritate by her taking 1 day away to bring one of her pets to the vet than she is irritated by the 4th time one of the "other" mooo staffers that took Junior to the doc. She probably think that it is BS to take time out of work for "just an animal", so even if it is a rare occurence, she will remember it more.

4. I would respectfully say that it is possible that the 2 women had been asked to cover all the "ugly" time of the year, like Christmas or the 4th of July, because they don't have a fambleeeee and that had make them more wary about saying "yes" to change in turns. Which, like the time out for pets, is probably something that they shouldn't do in this moooh mind.

5. This commenter is evidently an entitled moooh who thinks that if you don't have a fambleee you have to work more to pick up the slack of the other. The two women in her staff don't want to do it (kudos to them!) and so she is resentfull and angry.

6. It would take me exactly a fuck to get pregnant. So I don't see why I could "never" get into that club. Getting into MENSA is difficult, not becoming a mother. Weird mooh.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
July 08, 2012
That's a really stupid statement. Does she really think that all women who don't have children are infertile and single (and neither by choice)?

If I could become a wife and mother, but don't want to, it's the same as if I couldn't become a wife and mother and don't want to anyway. Both those situations are wildly different from wanting something and not being able to do it. :drool
Anonymous User
July 08, 2012
1) I would love to hear the coworkers' side of the story. Like T. says, how much do you want to bet their attitude (minus the crying in the bathroom -- if true, that is inappropriate behavior) is due to track record of beign shat on by childed coworkers?

2) These idiots can never seem to understand that in order for us to be jealous of them, they need to have something we would be jealous of. I am not and never will be jealous of any life that involves raising children.
July 08, 2012
Yeah, over at another board, there was discussion about the CF and this person talked about being CF but also added well, I wanted kids but for various reasons it didn't happen. Other posters were like: No, you are not CF you are childless. They didn't get the differences in concept.

I was reading all that thinking to myself: Dumbass, you better figure it out because if you ever find a board like this, you will get schooled pretty quick. You really can't tell the difference between someone who couldn't have kids and people who REJOICE EVERY FUCKING DAY THEY NEVER HAD KIDS??? DERRRRRR I think our rhetoric might disturb you, you moron.

Yes, I am sooooo jealous that I don't have varicose veins, stretch marks, a cooter the size of the Lincoln tunnel, shit scented clothes, no sex life, no free time, no extra money, no hearing from all the shrieking, no energy left for the rest of my life.

Yeah I am BURNING with envy. NOT.
July 08, 2012
Why is it that you only ever hear people with kids screaming about how great it is? You hardly ever see an article written by someone who is glad to be child free and openly admits it in said article. Are they trying to convince us or themselves that their life is something robe envied?

I have worked with plenty of people who have kids, and the ones who don't have any are much more flexible with their time, contrary to what this moo wants us to believe. I can work all the overtime my boss cares to toss at me because I don't have anything at home screaming for my attention. I never have to leave work early because of a sick kid, and I don't have to tailor my schedule around a kid, either, so I would think I am the more flexible when it comes to work.

This is just a bullshit statement by a moo who wants to be validated for her poor life choices.
July 08, 2012
Pure bullshit.
Is she saying those mothers agree to overtime work without any warning? I highly doubt it. Often parents are on a tight schedule as to when they have to pick up their children from their child-care provider.
Plus it's just piss-poor managing if you can't make a schedule a week in advance when you know you have a busy time coming up. What is wrong with saying, "No, I can't work overtime tonight. I have other plans. I can do it in a week, but I need time to adjust my schedule."
I work to live. I don't live to work. I have a lot going on with my life outside of work. I often take classes and do other things to improve myself and grow as a person. Sorry I'm not willing to cancel my class just because the management couldn't see the rush coming.
Plan ahead or get out of management.
July 08, 2012
Damn right I can't cover your shift without notice. Why? BECAUSE I HAVE A FUCKING LIFE! Deal with it moos!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
July 08, 2012
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2170341/Liz-Jones-Being-childless-wont-drive-mad-Mumsnet-might.html

Let's see, where do I begin?drinking coffee

I'm a mother of 3, a wife of 25 years and a senior manager in an IT company leading a team of 38. Then chances are she's an empty nester or her kids are teen aged, which can NOT be compared to the revolving door of inpig Moos coming and going and all the bullshit associated with it. She either was one of those Moos and eventually earned her keep OR she played at SAHMooo until the kids wouldn't be a problem with her working like a NORMAL employee should. That, and it's possible the company is owned by her husband or father and she could do whatever she wanted and get away with it OR she's created this Perfect Super- Moo persona and none of it's true. shrug

In my experience people like you Liz are the problem staff. There are two childless women in their late 40's on my team. They both have the same put upon attitude and think they do more work than anyone else but the simple fact is they don't. Three problems with this little passage. 1) Older childLESS women can't be compared to childFREE women because they desperately want-wanted kids and can't have them and I'll agree,they may be jealous of the childed married Moos. APPLES AND ORANGES. 2) As for their feeling "put upon" and allegedly are not in reality, that's a pretty common thing for the takers to minimize what the givers are doing in actuality and to dismiss the givers complaints as they continue to take and take and take. That's true in every relationship where one does a disproportionate amount of giving. The taker NEVER sees beyond what little they give and they always maximize what little they do and minimize what the actual giver in the relationship does, always. 3) Since this observation is coming from one of the takers, that alone reduces the likelihood of it's truth.:bdid

One spends hours in the loo crying because some other member of staff has got pregnant, given birth or whatever Then, either she's a childLESS wanna moo or she is already contemplating her long planned and well earned vacation going up a wild hog's ass because she knows from past experience there will be preferential treatment given to the new moo or recently inpignated co-worker for time off. Therefore, she can kiss her scheduled time off goodbye while everyone dotes on the new Moo or recently inpig and honors HER requests for loaf time off instead, as the childless co-worker will be expected to, "take one for the team!" AGAIN.angrily flogging with a whip

and the other is constantly taking time off to deal with her "fur babies". That's an outright lie. NO employers give anyone time off to, "deal with fur babies" anywhere I am aware. It's also an obvious stereotype that childLESS women always have "pet substitutes" because they don't have kids, so she purposely chose this and it's a BINGO of sorts and totally NOT believable at all.thumbs updown

They are completely inflexible and refuse to do overtime without a least a weeks notice. IF that's true, which I doubt, they are probably SICK AND TIRED of picking up the slack for breeders and their constant bullshit of missing work due to loaves, inpigness issues, sick kids, and hole problems after sluicing that require excessive doctor visits.:headbrick

My younger staff detest hem. Most of my team have children. Therefore, since the complainers are the problem, what they think or say on this issue has NO merit. That'd be like taking the advice of a convicted corporate embezzler on the best way to handle business taxes and/or company bookkeeping.:BS

These people are not focused only on themselves and work very hard when they are at work. I have NO DOUBT they aren't only focused on "themselves" because they are focused on their kids, babies, inpigness, and anything BUT their jibs. Since it's a kid related focus though, it's acceptable and to be commended.bowing

They are resilient and flexible because you have to be to be a good parent. Being a good parent and a good employee are two totally different "talents" and totally irrelevant to the issue at hand. I have known some shitty parents who made shitty employees, some shitty employees who were good parents, and shitty parents who were good employees, etc...The PROBLEM is these Moo cunts want to tie EVERYTHING into their role as a Moo when they should be separate issues. The BEST employee is one where no one even knows they are childed, or not. That's because when they are AT WORK their childed status should not even come into play, period. eye rolling smiley

You only hate all us mums and wives because it's a club you can never join. HERE comes the crux of the problem. Being in a "Moo club" has nothing to do, what so ever, with a work environment. Their Moo status or whether they are the fucking Grand Poo Pah of the "Moo Club" is completely meaningless in a working environment or in the workplace. What they don't seem to comprehend is ANYONE, with few exceptions, CAN become a wife and Moo! ANYONE can find a husband and if they can't spawn naturally, they can get IVF or adopt and join the Moo Club, no problem. Getting married and spawning has never been easier at ANY age as it has since the advent of the internet, this "new 30 being 50," etc..........I am 49 years of age and to my knowledge, I can STILL hatch a loaf if I tried in the least little way. My current(and hopefully last!) husband is only 35, so he probably could still fertilize one of my rotten eggs too. We absolutely could adopt, IF we wanted to do so too as can most ANYONE. So, this elusive "club" to which they refer is complete BULLSHIT.:BS

If anyone can join simply by getting married and sluicing, both of which are easy, voluntary, and dime a dozen "accomplishments", I would hardly consider it anything to be jealous over!
bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 08, 2012
Love it Kim! grinning smiley

Some gems:

* How dare you! Do you know what it's like being the mum of kids? Has it ever occurred to your pea sized brain that they may be STRESSED? I'm sure the guest wouldn't find a brief 5 minutes rude unless they were just as narrow minded and empty as you.

*Moms and Dads make the future of humanity possible. You can't top that. Stop whining. Oh, and plenty of mom's have flat tummies to boot.

*Oh do stop now please Liz. It's becoming so boring to read your constant dribble about deliberately inflammatory issues. You didn't have kids...blah blah blah....you are happy....blah blah....we get it. I too was not particularly maternal, preferring to pursue a path in academia at Cambridge University, but after finding myself pregnant and having my daughter, cannot imagine not having her and look a my previous life for what it was...boring. You really cannot determine whether you want children by being around other peoples children, it's a completely different emotion and you havent lived until you hear that first 'mama' or 'love you'. Makes all the sleepless nights entirely worth it.

*Can I be the first to express my gratitude that Liz has not reproduced? That's one up for the gene pool.

*These children will be your doctors, nurses, dentists, accountants, VETS, shop assistants, designer clothes designers, plumbers, newspaper editors who give you jobs, scientists who discover a cure for cancer ......... What are you leaving behind?

The comments contain every bingo known to man and then some! Flippin hilarious!
July 08, 2012
I'm not sure I believe her complaint about a woman getting time off to deal with her pets. Plenty of CFers here have said they are not allowed this, yet you can list countless times breeders are allowed to sail out the door with 'kid this' or 'kid that'.

If it's true, what's it to her? I bet she's taken time off for loads more kid related issues than the woman with pets. Methinks someone has her granny-panties in an uproar because she no longer feels special. Only she is allowed all that time off because she's an all-powerful all-knowing mommy!

And we're jealous because we can't join the moomy club?! Deluded much?
July 08, 2012
I love how she says that as if her little "club" is so exclusive. Are we 5 with a tree fort?

There's a new thread with a 20-year old simpleton with two kids by two different fathers who just had her kids taken away from her for abusing the younger child on videotape. If people like her can breed, then it's not such an exclusive thing. Maybe her comment might be valid if we had actual standards and restrictions towards who can or cannot be allowed to parent. But then again, who's to say she'd pass muster?

And for the final time, one cannot be jealous of what one doesn't even want in the first place. I don't want a Hummer, therefore I harbor no envy for those that do (but incidentally, I do harbor quite a bit of annoyance at them. Kind of like I do towards breeders).
Anonymous User
July 08, 2012
Hmph! The only things I'm jealous of are all the tax deductions these smug bitches get! These twits are defensive because more and more people are no longer willing to put up with their shit.
July 08, 2012
We all know that breeders are champions at projection. They used all their tired bingoes and then what they said? Ohh, that's it! The CF must be jealous of us, then why all the defending articles? Perhaps because we're tired to put with their bullshit and insults anymore? And why would i be jealous of smth i never wanted to have in the first place?

And blabbering about how they produce the next illuminated generation. They should give me a fucking break. The kids who really do smth with their lives have PARENTS, not breeders who fill up the internet spitting on the CF. Those breeders will be likely to have spawns like those bullies on the bus or the ones who kill food delivery guys. Oh, and plenty of moos might have flat tummies but they also have vaginabuttholes.grinning smiley
July 08, 2012
How can we be jealous of something that - we could also just take and do - right now?

I could probably just go walk down the street and find someone to screw me.

Another thing these Moos need a serious reality check on - is their husbands in the work place. I could write an encyclopedia length book about HOW MANY married "Family Men" have tried to hit on me in the workplace!

It gave me a bad opinion of men, too. People may say - oh, you're a Feminazi, you must have had bad boyfriends, you have 'Daddy issues', blah blah blah.

Uh, NO - where I got the bad opinion is from men I have worked with! The so called Family Man who supposedly 'loves his wife and family' - and - these same types do love to Bingo everyone how they should take up this life, too - that it's the greatest, and the right way, yadda.

Orly? Then why are you trying to get in MY pants?

That's another thing too - these men who preach that they 'work long hours to support their Famblee' - BULLSHIT! they do! They're just hanging around the office because *they don't want to go home*!

That's another group that WE are picking up the slack for - these so called 'hard working men' who spend half their days on the golf course, going to 'meetings', 3 hour / 6 martini lunches, and the rest of their time bullshitting. Even sleeping in their offices!

Oh yeah - they're busting ass *for their Famblees!* alright smile rolling left righteyes2

No - they are NOT! From what I see - many of these types do little to no work AT ALL! They foist it all off on their assistants and admins.

I am glad I now work for myself! The above shit is what motivated me. I would recommend to others that if its possible - you may consider this too. Because, from what I experienced anyway, you are NOT going to be treated fairly nor paid what you're worth in a 'typical business'. You'll likely not get promoted, either. Those Upper Level jobs are reserved for the "Family Men" smile rolling left righteyes2
July 08, 2012
All that is true Zzelda and I also experienced MANY a "famblee man" hitting on me in the workplace over the years. I worked with about ten "famblee men" in an office for seven years where we were all self employed contractors splitting the costs. NUMEROUS times when I was still at the office after 6PM, actually working, several of them would be sitting in the break room playing cards when their wives would start calling. First, all their cell phones would start going off, UNanswered, and then their Moos would start calling and of course they'd ask me to cover for them by lying and saying they hadn't made it back to the office yet.eye rolling smiley

I have also been at the office working on the weekends when the "famblee men" would show up and further fuck off by having a BBQ, playing cards, popping open beer after beer, etc......in order to get away from their wives and kids under the guise of "working". Most famblee men will do about ANYTHING to get away from the ball and chain and the little self replicants they sired . bouncing and laughing

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
July 08, 2012
I will some up that whole moo reply in just two words: Peter Principle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
July 08, 2012
If, (and that's a very big if), any employee took time off for their pets it is either an emergency, they used a non paid sick day, or they had to put up one hell of a fight to get that one lousy day.

As for the moo club, I wouldn't join that crap if someone held a gun to my head. The only things moos talk about is bottles, cartoons, diapers, and poop. Normally in that order. I would rather be happily digging into the lives of dead people than talking about ANY of that shit (literally).

Personally, I think the tax breaks are a trade off. I'll pay the higher taxes if it means keeping my freedom.
July 08, 2012
Wonder if the lying mootwunt will be as smug when her brats have her declared incompetent, steal her money and shove her into a cheap-assed nursing home without visiting?
July 09, 2012
Moo is full of shit. Her post reeks of what she imagines her husband's office to be like. Empty nest parents work hard, and so do those of older kids. The new parents, and especially single parents, are nearly worthless at most places since they are always in need of a sitter (which they manage to find when they want to go party.)

And as for the exclusive club, I can be a member after a one night stand. Doesn't sound very exclusive to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
July 09, 2012
What is there to be jealous of? Vaginabuttholes, flapjack titties, and no freedom? Yeah, sign me up! *sarcasm*
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login