Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry #1928 Madonna's Adoption

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Entry #1928 Madonna's Adoption
October 16, 2006
I totally hear you on this one, Feh. I think I also put in my $.02 about the adoption on the rant side of the house. Adopting the Malawi boy is all about good PR for Madonna. I may sound harsh but she is behaving like another Angelina Jolie with how she "shopped" for an overseas child. It is all for the attention. If foreign adoptions were not the rage for white people with money to spend, the celebs would not even be interested. These children are nothing more than accessories for those who have a too much money.

I do agree that the little boy does deserve a decent life with nutritious food, housing, education, clothing, and access to health care. However, I do agree with Feh how this child is going to grow up with major issues in the Fishbowl of Life with Madonna as Mom. From what I read, Lourdes - Madonna's first child - is already a self-centered brat. Most celebs children end up in drug rehab by age 13 or are caught stealing out of stores.

A kinder thing would have been for Madonna to help the relatives who truly wanted their young relative back home with them. I also had the same questions of why the rest of the kids could not be helped rather than take one child from his family.
CFBitchfromLA
Re: Entry #1928 Madonna's Adoption
October 16, 2006
Adopted children of color are the latest fashion accessory, like a Prada bag, Jimmy shoes or designer dress of the day.

I agree with you, dragon, those brats will end up in rehab by the time they turn 14.

What a fucked up life!
Anonymous User
October 17, 2006
The young woman whose toddler vanished in Florida and who ended up committing suicide was a Korean adoptee. Maybe I am wrong but I don't think she killed her child. I think Daddio did it and knew he could pin it on his ex-wife due to her mental instability. Both of these people were extremely dysfunctional.

Back to the overseas adoption issue...

It is no wonder to me that this poor woman had problems. She was brought over from Korea as a toddler by upper-class New Yorkers. The girl had major troubles in NYC so she was shipped to The Villages (an upper-class retirement community in Florida) in her teen years to live with her wealthy "grandparents".

Human nature is basically the same all over regardless of culture. Yet, I often do believe that these "do-gooder" Americans do more harm to overseas children by purchasing them and bringing them to the United States. Our culture is very overwhelming to the world's people due to some of our "values" that are twisted.

There are good things about American culture but many of us are not the most functional people...myself included. tongue sticking out smiley
CFScorpio
October 17, 2006
Add me to the list of those who are wondering why she'd take the boy away from his family rather than trying to help the family. Aren't there any actual orphans with no living parents that Madonna could have adopted?

And how much do you want to bet that Madonna's 2 other kids make the adopted one's life hell?
Anonymous User
October 17, 2006
I was thinking the same thing, CFScorpio...especially with that Lourdes who seems to be the total h*llion-in-training. Rocco is probably no angel, either! If "regular middle-class" children can be awful to their adopted siblings, the ultra-rich will be even be worse. I know a wealthy family in town where the senior citizens adopted a Black boy whose mother is a crack addict and in jail. Granted the F*n*s bio-sprogs are adults.

However the son is a total @ss and HATES the adopted toddler. When he and his girlfriend boomeranged back home (dude is in his 30's...mind you tongue sticking out smiley), he actually got violent with the kid telling his moo that she does not discipline the brat, which is very true. Don't even ASK what he did at the liberal church that accepts pagans and all other beliefs two Easters ago. I will stay away from THAT one...

I read of a Black actress in Hollywood who was adopted by a White family who treated her well. Her adoptive parents had two or three of their own children when they decided they wanted to give love to a child who desperately needed a home. Even though the parents were very good and loving their adopted child, she often felt she had to be the Best Kid Ever due to that fear of being sent back. My heart wept for her. I wonder how the siblings treated her. There was nothing written about that...
Pirate Jo
October 17, 2006
I'd rather see those poor kids adopted by rich American families - even snooty, elitest ones - than die of malaria or AIDS or some crap like that.

However, adopting a Romanian or Chinese kid out of an orphanage is a little different than what Madonna is doing. That kid has family there who know him and care about him. If she does bring him here to the United States, I hope she keeps him in touch with his family back home. Yes, those folks should stop with all the serial breeding, and then maybe they wouldn't lose their kids in the first place. But they don't have access to birth control like we do in the USA, and in instances where they have access to it, they do usually tend to use it.
Anonymous User
October 18, 2006
Pirate Jo, I cannot argue your point at all. I just do not like how the elitist Americans show off their overseas children as if they are the new fashion accessory. I cannot say that all foreign adoptees are abused or mistreated; however, no background checks are done on potential parents when they go abroad for a child. All that is cared about is the money that changes hands. I have heard some horror stories such as one American couple who started beating their Russian adopted children on the plane back to the States. Regarding contraception, we can thank the Roman Catholic Church for blocking contraception and abortion services to countries like Africa. They alone are responisible for most of the third worlders' suffering.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login