Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Moos Exchange "The Death of a Child is Worse Than Other Death" Stories:rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
http://www.circleofmoms.com/motherhood-after-the-death-of-a-child-pregnancy-infant/how-to-respond-to-person-who-says-losing-a-husband-is-worse-than-a-child-415624#_

Original Moo Lowing::Violin
How to respond to person who says losing a husband is worse than a child? How do you respond to this? Its been 11 year since my goregous Ben lost his fight with cancer, does his death mean any less or ache differently because he was a child and not a husband - some people are just so bloody insensitive....I am trying to figure out HOW this topic even came up if her loaf has been dead ELEVEN YEARS? I'd guess a co-worker recently lost her husband and this Moo was trying to cash in and TRUMP her pain by saying some shit like, "You DON'T KNOW GRIEF until YOU lose a chylllld!", in which case the co-worker probably(and rightfully so) responded, "My husband's death is worse than your stupid loaf's death a fucking DECADE ago,you cunt!".shrug

The Stampede
There is absolutely no way in my mind that losing a husband or wife can be worse than losing your child. A spouse is a spouse until "Death Do Us Part" or a divorce. Many people remarry after spouses die or get divorced. You cannot ever replace your child. Your child is part of you. You brought them into the world and your connection to them is forever. They will always be known as your child in life or death. A deceased spouse is no longer your spouse. I'm sure losing a husband or wife is a very traumatic thing but I fail to see how that compares to a child. As someone else said it is not the natural way for children to predecease their parents. Most parents would give their own lives to save their children. I know that I would. People who have not lost children should not comment on such. In fact, they shouldn't comment, period. It's rude and insensitive.: Maybe SHE can "replace" her husband and maybe SHE no longer considers her deceased husband her spouse, but she certainly doesn't speak for everyone!:BS

I am a wife and a mother, both my husband and I feel the loss of one of our sons would be much, much worse to bear than the loss of each other. JEEZ, they've discussed it? These cows simply must not love their husbands very much, is all I can imagine.confused smiley

When my son Lucas died someone said this to me. "When you lose a parent, spouse, sibling, friend, ect... you lose a part of your past. But when you lose a child, you lose part of your future." It is the most painful experience a person can go through, losing a child. MY GOD how preposterous! That doesn't even make any sense, unless she's referring to that "second chance" she won't be getting to relive her own life.eye rolling smiley

I too would not even respond to someone who is being so insensitive to you. Here is something to think about
If you loose a spouse you are a Widow/ widower
if you loose a parent you are an orphan
but there is no word for the parent left behind when they loose a child
why is that, I think because there is no word great enough to exspress theat kind of loss.. How about, "kidless".drinking coffee

Losing a child is the hardest thing any person will ever go through. You expect that there is a possibility that you will outlive your spouse. You know that you will outlive your parents. You should not outlive your children. NO ONE KNOWS when someone might die or how, usually. There are no guarantees a child will outlive it's parents either. I fail to see why it's so SHOCKING a kid might die first. Kids died first ALL THE TIME back before modern medicine could save them and still often do!!:headbrick

Personally, i would tell them to give me their opinion after they've lost one of their kids. NOTHING in this world can compare to the loss of a child, you gave birth to it. Losing a husband can be sad, but at least they were grown. They shouldn't say that to you unless they've lost both. So, not even the parent of an adult child who died is allowed to make a comment then?confused smiley

People are sometimes ignorant and insensitive. I had a co-worker tell me(3 weeks after my son died) that she knew exactly how I felt, she lost her husband in an accident 10 years ago. I couldn't believe she had just compared the two! I forced a smile on my face, and told her I was so sorry to hear about that, and also that I hoped she would never have to learn the difference between losing a husband or losing a child. Then I walked off. Maybe it was a bit cold, but I was totally shocked. What a sensitive thing to say to someone who was obviously trying to comfort her by sharing her own feelings of loss and pain. angry smiley

They don't understand. When it's ur child, u carried them 9 months. When u lose them it's like a part of u died. u have to find who u r without them. the part of u that's left has to learn to compensate for the part of u that's here. Being married u r as one but a child actually has ur blood running through it's veins. It's a different loss all together. It's only been 4 years since my Jackie was killed in car accident. It's hard to go on sometimes. Anyways if u need to talk I am here. We all gotta live on this earth. We may as well help each other through it. At least I think so. SO, they are also alienating Moos who lose adopted or step children. It HAS to be a biological minor child loss, or it doesn't "count". They probably have "trumps" based on age and manner of death too, which I have outlined in my "Moo Hierarchy Of Kid Death" in the past.:BS

a husband is not someone you grow inside you, he is not part of your flesh! although I am sure it hurts deeply there is nothing or no one closer to your heart than your own flesh and blood!! when my twins passed away it was and is the hardest thing in the world to deal with! I however have a drama queen of a sister in law that thinks her pain over my daughters is worse than mine so i know how you feel with insensitive people putting their nose where it does not belong! THIS cunt takes the trump card a step further and alienates fathers. So, in conclusion, to REALLY understand grief, you have to be a Moo who has lost a biological minor child.:BS

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
kidlesskim
I am a wife and a mother, both my husband and I feel the loss of one of our sons would be much, much worse to bear than the loss of each other. JEEZ, they've discussed it? These cows simply must not love their husbands very much, is all I can imagine.confused smiley

How much do you wanna' bet this insensitive cow's husband is having an affair with someone who actually cares about him?

I too would not even respond to someone who is being so insensitive to you. Here is something to think about
why is that, I think because there is no word great enough to exspress theat kind of loss.

Why is that? Because before modern medicine was able to keep every f-ing water head, autard, and premi alive nature kept our numbers in check by high death rates of children. In the past, and actually present, if you loose a child, you simply do "the baby dance" and replace it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
Grief is grief is grief. While I am sure that losing a child is a terrible experience, I think it is downright cruel to use that to belittle the suffering of others. When it comes to loss, I don't think anyone really knows how anybody feels, and I absolutely hate this bitch for having the audacity to tell someone else that their grief doesn't count as much because it isn't a child who died.

A friend of mine lost her father over a year or so ago, and after the widow gave a heartfelt, funny, and absolutely beautiful eulogy for her late husband at the funeral, this awful woman sitting near me had the audacity to say, "well its not like one of her kids died." Bitch, please. I think I told her to go fuck herself.
brattymcpants
Grief is grief is grief. While I am sure that losing a child is a terrible experience, I think it is downright cruel to use that to belittle the suffering of others. When it comes to loss, I don't think anyone really knows how anybody feels, and I absolutely hate this bitch for having the audacity to tell someone else that their grief doesn't count as much because it isn't a child who died.

A friend of mine lost her father over a year or so ago, and after the widow gave a heartfelt, funny, and absolutely beautiful eulogy for her late husband at the funeral, this awful woman sitting near me had the audacity to say, "well its not like one of her kids died." Bitch, please. I think I told her to go fuck herself.

Honestly, I think it depends. There are people more devasted by the death of a parents and people more devasted by the death of a child.

Also, it is hugely cultural

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Wow. Shows how much moos love their wallets, erm, husbands.
How can anyone possibly measure another's grief? I know a guy who had to go to a grief counselor to get over the death of his beloved dog. Grief is individual.
We have lost dogs in the past. My husband spent three days in bed crying. I love my husband. If he died, I would lose my soul mate, my best friend, the person in whose arms I wish to spend the rest of my days and nights. He loves me with flaws and all, understands me. How is this less than a chyuld?
MOOOO; People are sometimes ignorant and insensitive. I had a co-worker tell me(3 weeks after my son died) that she knew exactly how I felt, she lost her husband in an accident 10 years ago. I couldn't believe she had just compared the two! I forced a smile on my face, and told her I was so sorry to hear about that, and also that I hoped she would never have to learn the difference between losing a husband or losing a child. Then I walked off. Maybe it was a bit cold, but I was totally shocked.

This is particularly infuriating to me! angry smiley

I understand that she's grieving, but who THE HELL is she to treat another person like this, when they are trying their best to console her for her loss? Especially by sharing a particularly tragic loss in their OWN life?

Maybe if some mooo comes lowing to me about the loss of her loaf, I'll just offer her a forced smile, tell her to jump in the sack with her sperm donor and go make another one. It doesn't pay to offer any kindness to these vile, repugnant bitches. angry smiley

Heather - posted on 11/12/2009

..I wouldnt respond. Their comments are about their grief and struggle with it. I had 2 close friends who are widows one was just 20 and delivered their daughter 2 days after he passed. The other was 25 with a 6 month old son. The grief can not be compared...it is so different and so painful in such different ways. And although it is socially 'accepted' within a month just like us most people are over it. Both my friends have been very great support to me through the lost of my son. For one it has been two years the other just 4 months. Both are in the same amount of pain and disbelief I am. Their husbands can not be replaced just like our children cant be. No one should be planning a funeral this young. I would listen to Kelly and just walk away rather than attack...they dont know our pain and we surely dont know theirs.

Out of all those comments only one has a shread of sense. I feel sorry for the men married to these women, if they mean so little to them.
These women have forgotten their wedding vows, which say your spouse comes first before all others. Including sprogs.

Parents didn't wail and moan like this over a child's death back when child mortality rates were much higher, which wasn't all that long ago. Only with the current breed of princesses have I seen this child-centric attitude; you didn't see it much with older people. I wouldn't want to be married to one of today's bints.

And Dr. Laura said it best: if you don't respect your husband, he will find another woman who does respect him. These moos need to lose the attitude.
t.
brattymcpants

Honestly, I think it depends. There are people more devasted by the death of a parents and people more devasted by the death of a child.

Also, it is hugely cultural

Oh, I agree with you. Grief depends on the person mourning, culture, even the circumstances of the death can affect that. I guess I wasn't clear...my main point is that I don't think that anyone can judge another's grief. That's why I took issue with that woman...we couldn't understand the family's grief because we're not them, but I don't think it's right to make light of it or pass judgment on whether or not someone had a right to grieve or not grieve.
KABA

why is that, I think because there is no word great enough to exspress theat kind of loss.

Why is that? Because before modern medicine was able to keep every f-ing water head, autard, and premi alive nature kept our numbers in check by high death rates of children. In the past, and actually present, if you loose a child, you simply do "the baby dance" and replace it.

Also, names were created to describe those who lost a spouse or parents because they needed to define those who needed to be taken care of after the death. A widow lost the house's sole source of income and possibly the home and the term "widow" was created so that she could receive benefits until she remarried (if she ever did). Same with orphans because they needed to give a term to minor children who were now without somebody to take care of them. The loss of a child didn't exactly throw the house in turmoil. People aren't given death benefits for the loss of a child because there's no loss of income. And back then, people had large amounts of kids because it was a given several would die very early on. Children were replaceable. Now how is it that children are essentially useless nowadays, their value has skyrocketed?

Fuck these cunts. Attitudes like that are probably why most marriages break down after the death of a child. And who the fuck are they to claim that their loss is more devastating to anybody else's? They're basically saying that other people don't have the right to grieve over their own loss because the newly childless have the monopoly on grieving. If they have that kind of attitude, they should just kill themselves. I lost my father suddenly when I was 13 and it was devastating. Every major event in my life, my father was and will not be present for. He died the day before we were taking my sister to PA to begin her freshman year of college. In a month, I will have been fatherless for longer than I had a father. My mother went fucking crazy after his death. If I had one of these bitches tell me that my father's death isn't worthy of grief, I think I would commit some grievous bodily harm.

I hope their husbands leave them, if they'd be so unaffected by the loss. Falling in love and marrying somebody is a much bigger life risk than having children. This is somebody who isn't related to you in some way that you've formed such an intense bond with that life without them is suddenly unimaginable. I mean, divorce causes a fair amount of grief on one end if it wasn't a mutual decision.

They accuse others of being insensitive, but think they have the right to be downright cruel to others? They're going to get a nasty shock when nobody helps them out at their next crisis and when other parents who lose kids are met with silence.

And what will they expect from their (surviving) kids when they kick off? To get over it in a month because the death of a parent means nothing?
Fuck the whole melodramatic lot of them! WOW. I am amazed by the sheer rudeness and insensitivity of these idiots.
In my area a couple in their early 20's were killed in what appears to be a drug deal gone bad. This happened back in February and there has been several stories about it in the newspaper. The Mother of the guy killed has completely lost her fucking marbles, she spends every day at the cemetery laying on his grave bawling for her son. They showed a news clip where the Judge has banned her from not only the courtroom, but the Court House and the property surrounding it. I guess she sat in the Courtroom and wailed hysterically, and would not stop.

A lot of the comments say that they had sympathy for her in the beginning, but now they are starting to realize why this kid turned to crime and drugs.
Breeders really are terrible. Men should read this stuff and beware. Whenever you marry a breeder or you breed with someone, you are number two on the totem pole. The brat comes first. You can die and the cow wouldn't care. You will never be number one in the life of a breeder. This should be something for men to think about when choosing a mate. You will always be less important in the eyes of a breeder. If you are okay with being chopped liver, then fine.

And another thing....how can they crawl inside someone's head and heart and tell them how they ought to be feeling? The nerve of these bovines!
How dare these judgemental bitches tell me how I am supposed to feel about anything?
WTF do they mean you can't replace a child? People do it all the time - Junior kicks out for whatever reason and if Moo and Duh didn't kill the kid themselves, they're usually working on a replacement baby within a month of the first kid's death. And they do their best to mold the new kid into an exact cookie cutter replica of the first one (which often fails because if the kid died before it had a chance to screw up much, s/he will be perfect in the parents' eyes, so when the replacement kid fucks up, they'll know pretty clearly how they don't measure up to Deadleigh).

There is no scale on which to gauge grief - some people won't bat an eye when a relative dies. Some people need a week off work to mourn their gerbil dying. If these cunts would cry more over their kids than their husbands, then fine, but that doesn't mean that's how everyone else should goddamn feel too. What a lot of breeders feel toward their kids, IMHO, is not actual love. It's pride - they're so proud of their little pouches of DNA which they themselves made with their bodies. Like a little kid who makes a half-decent cookie in an Easy Bake Oven - they don't love that cookie. They are proud of it, but they might still say they love it. If you step on that cookie, the kid will cry - not because they "love" that cookie, but because you took their work and ruined it. You stepped on their pride.

This isn't to say that it can't be upsetting for someone to lose their child because there are the occasional few parents out there who DO love their kids. These also are the same people who love their spouses and would actually care if their wife/husband died. But as we've seen so much evidence of, there are a lot of people out there who just do not love their kids - they put up with them. Let us also not overlook the fact that kids are the source of crazy checks and free gubmint money for many breeders, so Junior dying means loss of income sometimes. I'd be sad over a big pay cut too.

Sometimes I think breeders just mourn their dead kids because they just spent X number of years and XXXXX dollars trying to raise their loaf into a grown dick trophy/living proof of their fertile loins and when it dies, it means all that money and effort was for naught. Kind of like a farmer who nurtures their crops with fertilizers and proper care and watering, only to have the whole field eaten by animals and insects. I think it's less grief over the loss of the product and more grief over the loss of effort, time and money spent trying to go from start to finish and having nothing to show for it.

I think if someone can say "a child's death is worse than a spouse's death" without missing a beat, their spouse was probably nothing more to them than a sperm donor, incubator, wallet, or someone they fucked once and stayed with due to pignancy. This is what you sign up for if you marry a breeder or breed with someone - you no longer matter to them, or just not nearly as much. If both you and the kid died, Moo would probably cry over Junior and not at all over her husband because pfff, she can go marry someone else! Husbands are a dime a dozen! You totally can't make another kid once the one you had dies. smile rolling left righteyes2
Gee, I wonder what my husband's stupid, bitch, cunt, whore of a moo would think about all this blood in the veins, and carrying a kid for 9 months. She dumped him and his brother and sister off in an orphanage when he was seven years old, only to be retreived by his drunken, abusive father, who beat the fucking shit out of him until he was 17 and joined the Army. After leaving the service in his early 20's, he contacted her, and she wanted nothing to do with him. Think she'd give a rat's hairy ass if my husband died before her? Hell no. She wouldn't even know it. Another shining example of how breeding makes you a better, selfless person.

Also, from what I understand, she had another one after the first three, with another baby-daddy, whom she SOLD to someone for $5,000.
ky_girl
Gee, I wonder what my husband's stupid, bitch, cunt, whore of a moo would think about all this blood in the veins, and carrying a kid for 9 months. She dumped him and his brother and sister off in an orphanage when he was seven years old, only to be retreived by his drunken, abusive father, who beat the fucking shit out of him until he was 17 and joined the Army. After leaving the service in his early 20's, he contacted her, and she wanted nothing to do with him. Think she'd give a rat's hairy ass if my husband died before her? Hell no. She wouldn't even know it. Another shining example of how breeding makes you a better, selfless person.

Also, from what I understand, she had another one after the first three, with another baby-daddy, whom she SOLD to someone for $5,000.

How awful! I can't imagine what horrors your poor hubs had to go through as a young boy, as well as his siblings.
I am convinced that this whole thing is just to propogate more attention-whoring in a way. I'm sure some mooos do feel deep, sincere grief after losing a kyd, however, grief cannot be measured, and it's preposterous for them to say that their grief is worse than someone else's.

Sounds like just another pissing contest. "I'm sooo much worse off than you are....I lost a chylld. You only lost a husband / wife / brother / sister / mother / father/ best friend / pet!!! How DARE you compare YOUR grief with MINE???"
Everyone's grief is different. I have seen people devastated by the loss of a pet. I was devastated when my chow-chow was run over by a car. Some people grieve severely when they lose a child; others are much more reserved about it. How sad that these cows think that the only one who feels a valid loss is a moo?! I know men who are devastated when one of their children dies. They don't feel any less because they are men.

What a bunch of arrogant cows. Moooooooooooo!!!!
I have nothing to add since others have said it very well...moos don't care about anything else besides what comes out of their vaginas. Husbands? They are good for nothing besides sperm and money. No wonder marriages go to hell when the loaf arrives, i mean not once did i hear men complaining that their wives don't pay attention to them anymore, then these moos don't even care about their outer look, don't even wash, get fat etc. There was another thread about the moo who wanted back the nanny who slept with her husband....but not the husband.

Oh, and if i hear the selfish thing one more from these cows i'll rip off their udders.
It's an extremely self absorbed person who would dismiss or diminish another person's suffering and place their own on a higher level. EVEN IF I have lost my own mother, I can't possibly know how someone else would feel if he-she lost their mom. Even if these cows have lost a child, they can't know that's any more painful than another woman who lost hers. I don't pretend to think MY suffering, whatever it may be, is worse, more important, or more worthy of "time off" for grieving than the next person's loss. In fact, some people, myself included, do better emotionally when we "jump back in" and try to resume our normal activities after a devastating personal loss. It doesn't mean we were less affected by that loss than another person who can't get out of bed in the morning, we just handle it differently, which isn't necessarily "better", it's just different.

One thing that has ALWAYS annoyed the piss out of me is when people say tings like, "You are so lucky! You are able to continue on as if nothing happened!", on the occasions in my life when I have seemingly "bounced back" after a huge personal loss. No, it ISN'T like nothing happened, I just don't like to wear my emotions on my sleeve and leave myself open to pity. Not that the typical moo could understand, but I do NOT enjoy the sympathy or the back rubbing that goes on when I am suffering on the outside. Like many people, I PREFER to grieve in private. I wouldn't ever be someone who threw my body across a coffin, created and organized candle light vigils, or in any way solicited, directly or indirectly, an outpouring of public sympathy.

While I appreciate "I understand" messages from people in most any form, well meaning acts of kindness in words or actions during trying times, and someone going the extra mile to lighten my pain such as a thoughtful card, call, or email, I do NOT like some of the shit these moos do which is to basically solicit prolonged sympathy from the masses. I have been so depressed from a personal loss before that a chicken casserole could bring tears to my eyes because I was hungry, but too devastated to even nuke a tv dinner, but by and large I prefer to do my deep grieving alone and without fanfare. My pain is no worse than anyone else's though and even though I may feel like I am alone in my grief, logic dictates to me that simply isn't so. WHY can't Moos see this, we might wonder? I honestly believe it's because they are SO SELFISH they are literally blinded by their own self centeredness. shrug

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
These cunts are so full of themselves! I got into this very discussion the other day with a moo at work :headbrick Everyone grieves differently and there is no way to know how hard the other person is taking a loss unless you are that person. Hell, a person could be just as devastated after losing a best friend, an uncle they have been taking care of for years, or a devoted pet. In my profession, I make it a point to never say "I know what you are going through" no matter who the person has lost, since everybody experiences grief differently. I just offer my condolences and help them out to the best of my ability.

There are also some moos out there who will "play up" their grief in public so they can get more attention, sympathy and support. It is more "acceptable" to lobby to the public for funds for the kyd's funeral, even when many funeral homes will offer deep discounts for child funerals when the child is still a minor. Or, in cases of loaf deaths, services will be done complementary, at no cost to the family, they only have to pay for merchandise and, if burial, the "Baybee Land" plot will only cost a couple to a few hundred at most! It doesn't make sense to me: when an adult dies, the family will have to pay thousands of dollars, even for a cremation, yet it is seen as "begging" to lobby for funds for the funeral. But when a minor kyd dies, it is acceptable to raise funds for the funeral that costs next to nothing because moo and duh "have suffered enough". angry smiley
i think there are different ways of grieving. a loss of a child is awful, but no more or less than any other loss. whenever we lose someone we love it is horrible in different ways.

i don't see CF people qualifying loss the way breeders do, trying to top each other. that's just sick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login