Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Entry 1932 -- Coffeeshop Prank

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Entry 1932 -- Coffeeshop Prank
October 17, 2006
I am just a Chatty Cathy today with all of my posts. Tomorrow I am back to work and then no more days off 'til Sunday.

I feel like I am getting old. The young people do not want to actually work to get a paycheck but feel it is their right to stand around and harass customers. I've never been put upon like this ranter but allowed young customer service workers to make me feel inferior even though *I* am the one paying money. I've worked with PLENTY of young people just out of high school or in their early 20's who have been total jerks and disruptive during training classes and while doing the job.

The clothing on young women is very inappropriate for the job. The doing the bit of this young girl in the rant trying to get the person to touch her breasts is standard of many younger females today. Maybe it is not as blatant. However, I've seen plenty of offensive tees or low-end jeans showing butt cracks on the young "ladies" in the call center environments I worked -- whether as an agent on the phones or in security. The tone of the shirt messages are very sexual & the thongs are for all to see but no one better say a word or the little innocents will scream harassment.

God...what a freaking world! I really wonder what our civilization is going to be like when it is time for these young people to really take over.
Anonymous User
Re: Entry 1932 -- Coffeeshop Prank
October 18, 2006
Tell me about it, DHP. The low rise jeans are getting ridiculous.

I worked for a large healthcare insurance provider as a temp a few years ago. The one girl that I worked with in the copy center, while nice as the day is long, wore the most provocative low rise jeans I have ever seen. But....

The one department I worked with was having a "slumber party" themed day where everyone would come in wearing pajama type stuff and everyone would bring a covered dish. I asked the department head if I could join in and they approved, as I worked primarily for their department, although I covered other departments as well.

I came into work wearing leggings, a tank top, and over the tank top, I wore a huge oversized type tshirt that had the image of a woman wearing a sexy lingerie type outfit. A lot of people got a big kick out of it. Make special notice that I said OVERSIZED tshirt (actually, it was sleepwear for a "larger" person to give them the illusion of wearing lingerie, KWIM?). Long story short, my supervisor (not the management of the department that was having the slumber party) called me down to his office and nicely told me I had to either change or turn the shirt inside out, because.....

People are offended.

I was flabbergasted. I was only a temp, but so were most of the people my supervisor (whom I LOVED, ADORED, miss so much!) had on my team. We were all "support" staff, if you will. So I couldn't really say much, but I did tell him that I was miffed (he was a great manager, actually listened when you had a problem with something and encouraged feedback without repurcussions) since so-and-so with her thong hanging out of her low-rise jeans offended ME! He said he'd address the issue, but I still had to turn the shirt inside out.
Fattie
October 18, 2006
Don't get me started on young "adults" who dress inappropriately [sp?] in the workplace. My boss had to have a meeting 2 weeks ago to address all the girls who would come into what's SUPPOSED to be a professional retail environment with jeans, sneakers, and halter tops. And I'm supposedly a kiss-ass because I wear suits and other professional attire and "overdress" for my job. And I can also do my fucking job without being told by a supervisor what to do.
CFScorpio
October 18, 2006
I can't stand tight low-rise pants on women! Every time they move or bend over, you can see the underwear. Who wants to see that? Not me!

And that also goes for the idiot males in the baggy pants that are falling off their asses, exposing their underwear. It looks retarded!
October 18, 2006
its so when a man looks at her they can sue for sexual harassment

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
Anonymous User
October 19, 2006
It's true, girls show up for work in rags that would shame a hooker!

As far as the low- rise jeans go, I hope they never stop making them. I'm short waisted, and they're just right on me. The regular ones cut me in half, and hit my ribs when I sit down.
But, there's no reason to have the crack of your ass hanging out for all to see. It's tacky.
Anonymous User
October 20, 2006
sprogless Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's true, girls show up for work in rags that
> would shame a hooker!
>
> As far as the low- rise jeans go, I hope they
> never stop making them. I'm short waisted, and
> they're just right on me. The regular ones cut me
> in half, and hit my ribs when I sit down.
> But, there's no reason to have the crack of your
> ass hanging out for all to see. It's tacky.

I also don't mind low-rise jeans even though I am not physically comfortable in them. Each person likes his/her own thing. I had a few pairs years ago. When I would sit down, the waist part would dig into my stomach and it felt hard to breath. I like the styles that do not go down to show the butt-crack when the lady sits. The waist fits well and is not hanging over. Living in a very warm climate, I am a tank top freak but I do take care that my styles are acceptable even if I am just going to get a cup of coffee.
GreenGrass
October 20, 2006
I find this topic amusing. I worked as a bartender to put myself through school. My bosses would actually complain that I didn't look slutty enough, and that it hurt business. I didn't dress like a prude either (and I wasn't working at titty bars or Hooters), I just wore regular jeans and tops, whereas they preferred ass crack and cleavage showing. This one girl I worked with would wear what she called her "rent pants" because she thought she made more tips when she wore them - I guess because guys would give her more money for looking like a ho. Of course, she ended up becoming a single moo and still works the bar five years later...doubt she can still fit in those pants though!
Anonymous User
October 20, 2006
Green Grass, this is an amusing topic because a lot of young women think they do not need any intelligence but only need to rely on certain body parts to get ahead. Abercrombie & Fitch is notorious for tees aimed at young women with such sayings: Who needs brains when I have these...(meaning their breasts), Your boyfriend thinks I am cute, I would rather be dumb than a brunette, & I love rich boys. A wrong message is sent to these girls who think that older women are nothing more than bitter feminists while these youngsters feel they are sexually "empowered".

Little do they realise is that looks and sexuality will wane in time. Like your former co-worker in the bar, the girls do not understand how life will takes it toll and bad choices like this will lead to being undereducated and having to try to rely on sexual wiles even though those things are gone by their forties. Your ex-bar worker reminds me of aging strippers in Florida. Late 30's is considered old for a stripper. Most of them end up walking the streets selling sexual favours for maybe $10-a-pop or in some horrible retail job once the customers from Rachel's or The Doll House overlook them for the tight twentysomethingers.
October 20, 2006
Ha! I'm just happy she lost her job for being a total bitch from hell. She'll make more money on the streets anyway.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
October 24, 2006
Wow, she's quite the prankster. She should be writing for SNL.

What a cunt. I'm glad she got fired.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login