Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Classic Moo-"Working" from Home Blog:rolleyes2

Posted by kidlesskim 
Classic Moo-"Working" from Home Blog:rolleyes2
August 23, 2012
http://wifelysteps.com/2012/06/05/kids-come-first/

THIS is a prime example of why Moos can't be trusted to put in an honest day's work from home and why I am against this "flex time" for the sorry cows. The only way they should be allowed to do that is if they are working for commission only AND their lack of work doesn't affect co-workers or cause extra work on another employee. Here's her motto posted at the top of her blog entry:

"Choose the kids first. Always, always, always."moo with baybeem

and then this quote:

"When in doubt, CHOOSE THE KIDS, there will be plenty of time later to choose work": :gross

And then her telling blog entry:
"Timmy’s pulling on my arm, directing me to sit on the floor with him. I’m going “Wait, baby! I’ll just finish this report!” He doesn’t take that as an answer and tugs on me more strongly. I press one last button, get up from my desk, then join him on the wooden floor to watch Toy Story. He jumps into my lap and positions himself in a way that I can’t stand and leave him again. I look back and forth at my phone, checking for e-mail and YM alerts from teammates. He’s looking at me with puppy dog eyes. I toss my phone on the couch and snuggle him in my arms. He cracks a smile and snuggles closer. Yep, there’ll be time to work later.

“I can’t stop Andy from growing up… and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” — Woody, Toy Story 2 Wise words, cowboy. Work will always be there in one way or another. How often will I get to sit on the floor with my son and the whole cast of Toy Story in stuffed toy form? So I sit on the floor while he acts out the scenes on TV. I watch him use his toys to mimic what’s on-screen. We laugh at jokes together. We snuggle when Andy’s Mom comes into the scene. After the movie we continue to play together.

Thoughts of work enter my mind once in awhile but the quote above pushes thoughts of work away. I can work when he’s asleep. I can work when he’s with his aunts and grandparents. While he’s with me though, we play.You’re first, always, Timmy boy. You will always be first."

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
YEP! I'm an Underwriter for a major insurance company and we have tons of UW's that work from home, most of them are moos and duh's. I wish they would make it a point that only childfree employees could work from home, as the distractions are minimal and the likelihood of the CF'ers actually doing an honest days work is great. Versus the breeders who have multiple kids, probably pets, one kid needing to go to soccer practice or whatever...so many fucking distractions, I could only imagine the work output is SO MUCH LESS or at least the quality of work is so much worse than a CF work from home employee.
Re: Classic Moo-"Working" from Home Blog:rolleyes2
August 23, 2012
If I were the company who outsourced to her, I certainly would not understand any of that. Oh, you didn't finish the report because you were watching Toy Story with your son? You thought there would be plenty of time to finish it later? Well, MY client didn't see it that way, so I lost the contract. Which means, you're fired, you lazy, selfish cunt! I'll hire a single woman who can work in the office and work when I need her to work, because this is WORK not PERSONAL SHIT!

No wonder the American economy is sinking faster than an imploded submarine.
August 23, 2012
My employer is a large beaucratic entity. Get a lot of people together and start writing "policy" and there will be fuckups.

But the one thing they do right is that telework is not a substitute for daycare. If your child is in daycare while you are at the office, it's expected you will make similar arrangements at home and you will lose your telework if anyone can prove otherwise.

Nobody in their right mind really believes you can work effectively and watch your kids at the same time.
August 23, 2012
I have had to deal with a couple of customers who "work" from home, the only thing I can ever hear when they call in to report an outage (or to bitch because soething isn't getting fixed as fast as they think it should) is their screaming brats. One guy ended up getting hung up on multiple times because his kids were literally screaming into the phone before one of my leads finally told him to go to another room or shut the kids up so we could hear him.
August 24, 2012
When I work from home I do mix in my household chores. I pause to hang up the laundry or put away the dishes. It takes a few minutes, and if I were in the office I'd probably stand up for a stretch and walk around about as often. What I don't do is undertake major side activities unless I've made arrangements for that (for instance, if I need to be home so that someone can inspect the heating, it's known that I'm going to be away for about an hour sometime during the day).

If you work from home, you should be able to (a) communicate effectively with your co-workers (in other words, no screaming kids, no being out grocery shopping when called) and (b) accomplish the same amount of work (at the same quality) as your co-workers in the office. If you can't do these things, you should not work from home. I don't care if you've got kids at home or not: it's about the quality and quantity of your work.
August 24, 2012
why is she bothering to "work" at all when she so obviously doesn't want to? these are the women who make all women look bad in the workplace.

this makes me stabby. ninja
August 24, 2012
I know a friend of a friend who is having a kid next month and when I ran into her at a party a few weeks back I asked if they were getting a nanny or doing daycare and she said "oh, im working from home three days a week." Which....how are you going to take care of the kid if you're expected to be working and vice versa? So entitled. "I'll just collect a paycheck for sitting on my ass watching cartoons because I'm a Bizzy Working Mawm."
August 30, 2012
Ooh look, a spammer!

Back on topic...working at home is a WORK arrangement...not a CHILD-CARE arrangement. If an employee mentions children as the reason for working from home, the employer should refuse them that option.
“I can’t stop Andy from growing up… and I wouldn’t miss it for the world.” ---um, can you 'not miss it' on YOUR time and not on COMPANY time?

Yep, there’ll be time to work later---no there won't be b/c sooner or later, you will be fired.cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

checking for e-mail and YM alerts from teammates:scr---this is why I hate the soft-speak of the 90s-00s, these are not teammates and your boss is not a team leader. They are co-WORKERS and your boss is your SUPERVISOR or boss. Whoever decided we were teams and such BS , I'll never know. And if you think it is a team bitchmoo, you certainly are not supporting your team now are you? the team should cut you. You seem to be on team Me and My babyee. TEAMS WORK TOGETHER, AND DO NOT GET DISTRACTED BY crap going on in the other room.

This is also why we have a culture of no sleep. If my moo-friends are telling the truth, they say they are working at 1, 2, 3am, they spend the day being hands on, 100% moo extrodinaire and being kiddies best friend during the day, but then they have to work 8 hours starting at 9pm after the dinner dishes are done and the kids are in bed. You will die an early death living like this. Generally, you energy level slows down as the day goes on, so the emp'r is not getting the best work, but sleepy thrown together work at 3AM. Besides, WHO would want a life like this? Your a slave to everything b/c you have kids....when did they become the be all and end all and o your boss???? Well, at least I'm sleeping at 3am on a work day. sleeping
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login