Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders ADMIT they slack off at work! / NYT article about work-life balance

Posted by Peace 
Breeders ADMIT they slack off at work! / NYT article about work-life balance
September 02, 2012

It wasn’t really for the extra money. It’s just that she doesn’t have children. When colleagues were on kid duty, she had to pick up the slack.

“Parents are a special class, and they get special treatment,” says Ms. Azevedo, 27, who left her job at an Internet marketing firm to start She’s Got Systems, a Web site for entrepreneurs based in Sacramento. While she was covering for her former colleagues, she says, she sometimes sacrificed her own obligation to take care of her ailing grandparents.

So her own grandparents can go bite the dust, because some breeder wants to leave work early :cen

The rest of the story as on the NY Times website.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/business/straightening-out-the-work-life-balance.html?hp
Re: Breeders ADMIT they slack off at work!
September 02, 2012
Child care has long been the third rail in this conversation, and it is receiving renewed attention in no small part because of a recent article in The Atlantic by Anne-Marie Slaughter. She discussed the moment she realized that she was unable to hold down a high-level State Department job and attend to her two adolescent boys. While advocating workplace flexibility for everyone, Ms. Slaughter stressed the special problems that women face balancing their careers with children. CHILD CARE IS THEIR PROBLEM. They chose to sluice, so this delicate "work-family balance" is their problem and theirs alone! Employers and co-workers shouldn't have to make special concessions for the "special problems" working Moos imposed upon themselves. shrug

Ms. Slaughter, 53, says both mothers and fathers should be “open and indeed proud” to leave early for the sake of their children and deplores the notion that spending more hours in the office automatically translates into getting more work done. But sometimes there is no substitute for office face time.saying 'wtf' "open and proud" to leave early and dump THEIR workload onto other people? UNBELIEVABLE. They can be "open and proud" to stand in the unemployment line then if they left without permission more than once, regardless of the reason, unless it was an emergency and their cell phone died if, I was the boss! cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

It’s not just the moms who are juggling. WE DON'T CARE. It's YOUR problem so you handle it and don't involve your employment in YOUR chaotic and irresponsible choices.:headbrick

“My kids have swim classes that start at 5 p.m.,” says Aziz Gilani, 32, a director at DFJ Mercury, a Houston-based venture capital firm. Then get someone ELSE to take them,change the class time, or take them out of classes you can't manage to get them to on time! PROBLEM SOLVED.confused smiley

“The net result is that I’m sure there are times when my partners are expecting me to be in the office and my office is empty because I’m doing one of these parental commitments. I’m sure it creates a burden for them.” This guy would SO NOT be any partner in business of mine! SURELY they have a clause in their contract that states if one should become derelict in his duties, stop making equitable contributions, or was unable to hold up his end of the deal they can VOID the contract or buy his ass out?eye rolling smiley

Mr. Gilani says it helps that two of his four partners also have young children, but that also means he’s often on the other side. “Sometimes I need an answer immediately, because what we work on is often time-sensitive, but my partner is at soccer practice with his daughter and that has created a decent amount of inconvenience.” I don't see how they maintain current or get new clients if they can't service their needs on any reliable basis! If they pulled this kind of shit on ME and I was a client, I'd absolutely pull my account and take my business elsewhere, as would most anyone else, childed or not! Even BREEDERS expect better service than that!:BS

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 02, 2012
It sounds like the article is in favor of work-life balance for everybody, rather than exclusively parents - although they did interview some breeder-pleasers they concluded that flex time doesn't work if it is discriminatory.
September 02, 2012
I wouldn't necessarily mind picking up the slack (as long as it's not expected for me to cancel other obligations) if it meant I got the brownie points and top consideration for raises and promotions. However, breeders have made damn sure that not only are the unchilded supposed to pick up their slack without complaint, but the breeders still get considered for raises and promotions because they screech "discrimination" otherwise.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
NYT article about work-life balance
September 03, 2012
The article is the usual "can't we all just get along" mumbo-jumbo but some of the comments are priceless. Lots of childfree chiming in, and of course plenty of "your future Social Security/Medicare payers" comments -- as if legal immigration won't take care of population maintenance.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/02/business/straightening-out-the-work-life-balance.html?_r=1&src=me&ref=general

One commenter also mentions a book called "The Baby Boon: How Family-Friendly America Cheats the Childless" --- it's available used on Amazon; may have to pick one up!
Re: NYT article about work-life balance
September 03, 2012
Ugh, check out this one in reply to a commenter who pointed out that at the college where she works, parents get far more benefits than childfree:

Having children is actually a social contribution. These kids will grow up to take care of you someday. What is your legacy? Dusty old books and lectures no one remembers. Sorry, but it is true. Both of my dissertation directors are deceased now. I left the profession to raise a family, and feel I am making the more meaningful and lasting contribution. No one really cares about their work or achievements and they were at the very top of the field. In fact, the new people just want their work to be the replacement. I am starting to write again, but raising two fully functioning intelligent adults has been my job, and a most challenging one thanks to a workplace that doesn't allow for this balance even though you people are complaining.
September 03, 2012
COW
I left the profession to raise a family, and feel I am making the more meaningful and lasting contribution. No one really cares about their work or achievements and they were at the very top of the field.

UGHHH angry flipping off

Fucking COW thinks she's so spayshul because she threw away her education and opportunities to do something that any cockroach can do, and denigrates those who have spent their lives working to contribute to greater understanding in their respective fields...THIS is why women are treated like baybee machines and not much more - because of COWS like her!
September 03, 2012
And by shitting out kids you'll be sure remembered smile rolling left righteyes2 If you ask me about my ancestors before great-grandparents i sure know nothing. I never even met my grandparents because they died long before i was born. Just my great-grandma from dad's side - i have few memories of her.

And i'm tired of the "my chyyld will take care of you someday". First, nobody guarantees you that, second - why do all breeders think that their kids will work in old peoples' homes? And those evil CF's that they are calling out are actually paying taxes themselves and lots of them without any benefits. Not to mention some of the countries who intend to put extra tax on the unchilded...where is that extra tax going? I guess we all know where.

@Ketchup Indeed, because being in academical field and actually do smth. significant IS difficult. Perhaps she didn't manage to get any accomplishments and as many other like her chose the easy way out (look the "children are a woman's greatest accomplishment" bingo) Women like that one find it easier to just get knocked up and puff! life has meaning!
And then making it difficult for other women who really want to do smth, to be taken serioulsy. And yes, i had a similar case where i studied. A male teacher we had didn't encourage female students to continue in the academical field because "they will eventually all become mothers". Never told that straight but some of my female colleagues had troubles when they wanted to continue to doctorate.
September 03, 2012
Both of my dissertation directors are deceased now. I left the profession to raise a family, and feel I am making the more meaningful and lasting contribution.

Outside of her mother and maybe a family member or two, no one else will care about her odorous children, either. I can get more benefits from reading a book than I ever will from her two walking meat bags.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
The biggest Feminist Lie of all time: Having it all.

Pick one or the other. Can't have both, and that NYT article is proof of it.
It'll all work out in the end. Today's breeders will end up as those grandparents who's caregivers are pushed to the side in favor of the breeders and brats of tomorrow. If they're lucky enough to even have a CF grandchild, that is. If they only have breeder offspring, I don't think anyone will bother with them at all.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
"Not every ejaculation deserves a name" - George Carlin
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login