Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

More ungrateful brats....

Posted by lar19 
More ungrateful brats....
September 10, 2012
I'm pretty sure this is how most kids these days are going to end up because they think they're entitled to anything and everything, at all times.

Children ruined my retirement...and my life (well, no duh)
Re: More ungrateful brats....
September 10, 2012
I have two adult kids, 42 and 43. I worked HARD for everything I got from the time I was a child. I gave my kids everything I didn't have growing up and now they are selfish, mean, greedy and feel they are entitled to all I have worked for. I retired a few years ago but had to go back to work so I could continue to help them pay their bills. They don't send me birthday cards, mother's day cards, nothing. When I had major surgery they only called to find out when I'd be well enough to get to the bank to send them more money! I HATE being a parent. Now both kids have kids and they are just as bad! my grandkids call me when their birthday money is late, never even thank me or acknowledge receiving it. I changed my will so my kids/grandkids will get nothing!

Nice job, moo! Who put the gun to your head and made you keep giving money to your kids? Just fucking leave the country, already.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
September 10, 2012
It is WAY past time to stop giving your ungrateful progeny money, but better late than never.
September 10, 2012
This is what happens when you spoil your children. Moo should have said no to the little fuckers when they were mere toadlers. Now she's paying for it. The best thing for her to do is cut ties with her two adult brats and grandbrats and leave the country. See how they do without their human ATM machine.
September 10, 2012
I am prejudiced in some case because, at age 27, I can't support myself still sad smiley

I went to college and completed my education (this might be cultural: in Italy you complete college -5 years, usually- and THEN go to works, even because it is litterally impossible to do both). Now I am working in a stage, wich means I earn 500 € at months. I work full time, 40 hours at week, meaning I make more or less 3.1 €/hour. I will be unable to support myself for another year, more or less (depends on luck). So when I heard of "older" children still being supported by parents, I am a tad little bit partial.

Still, you should be grateful. I am. I plan to give back everything in time (I am one of those kids who thinks about taking care of their parents when they grow old).
Those women and men -they aren't children- seems rude and ungrateful. Which is Wrong.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
September 10, 2012
t.
I am prejudiced in some case because, at age 27, I can't support myself still sad smiley

I went to college and completed my education (this might be cultural: in Italy you complete college -5 years, usually- and THEN go to works, even because it is litterally impossible to do both). Now I am working in a stage, wich means I earn 500 € at months. I work full time, 40 hours at week, meaning I make more or less 3.1 €/hour. I will be unable to support myself for another year, more or less (depends on luck). So when I heard of "older" children still being supported by parents, I am a tad little bit partial.

Still, you should be grateful. I am. I plan to give back everything in time (I am one of those kids who thinks about taking care of their parents when they grow old).
Those women and men -they aren't children- seems rude and ungrateful. Which is Wrong.

There is definitely a huge difference between expecting your parents to support you and being completely ungrateful about it and appreciating their help and doing what you can to help them. If I ever needed to go back to my parents, you can bet I wouldn't be lounging around, expecting them to hand their money over to me on my command. Then again, they raised me to to be independent and self-sufficient. I didn't get everything I wanted and I wouldn't want it any other way. It makes me appreciate that I can get what I want through my own hard work and I don't need any handouts.
lenona
September 11, 2012
Snark Shark
". I gave my kids everything I didn't have growing up"

THEREIN LIES THE PROBLEM. spoiled KYDS turn into spoiled ADULTS.

It's amazing how adults can't grasp that kids are never going to be grateful for things they've always had and/or never had to work for. Just because the PARENTS can imagine a sense of gratitude if they were to live their childhoods over again with all the stuff they didn't have the first time, what makes them think the kids are going to have that sense of gratitude?

It's the same mentality (on the kids' part) that makes them think that nothing that parents or teachers do counts as "work," because "that's just what they're supposed to do." As far as the kids are concerned, THEY'RE the ones doing practically all of the work - and it's unfair no matter how little it really is.
September 12, 2012
"...We never abused them. We loved them. We have a happy approach to life. But we didn't require enough of them, so now we have entitled, selfish, and lazy adults. Two of them. And as we now are not giving them money, they will have nothing to do with us. It's incredible. Just incredible. Entitled, selfish, and lazy adults usually didn't get that way on their own.shrug

I wish I never had children. They aren't happy and I feel I really messed up. They would have been better off born to different parents. And we would be better of with no kids at all. Yes, it's true - I wish I had never had children. I am so relieved to see I am not the only person who feels this way. I have felt terribly guilty over my feelings. Thanks for listening I wonder how many parents are waiting for the "in the end" part of, "It's ALL worth it"? It is RARELY worth it and even when it is, it could have been just as "worth it" to have never had kids in the first place. I don't understand WHY so many people toss the dice like they do.:headbrick

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 12, 2012
I know so many people who are constantly complaining that they can't make ends meet in retirement. Talking to them more, it seems that all of them are paying some bill for their adult kid and helping RAISE their grandkids. :bedmadelie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login