Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

If it doesn't please the children, then it's not worth doing

Posted by CherryIce 
If it doesn't please the children, then it's not worth doing
September 13, 2012
I always tell myself not to read YouTube comments, and inevitably I do it anyway. I saw this sweet video on The Huffington Post about a man whose cat became afraid of him because the cat had an ear infection that required painful ear drops. The cat (Rufus) would run when he'd see the guy, until the man created this box playhouse for him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=WI9W_VdV1l0

Of course some killjoy comes along and says:

Imagine how happy you could have made a child with the money and tine invested here ... (Typo's their mistake, not mine)

There is a silver lining, though. The stupid comment got marked as spam and subsequent comments from the jerk got voted down so you couldn't even see them.

Seriously, does everything have to be about the children? We can't make anything or anyone other than a child happy? :headbrick
Re: If it doesn't please the children, then it's not worth doing
September 13, 2012
Those same breeders don't give a thought in the world though of how "happy" tens of thousands of "the chyyldren" could be made with the BILLIONS of dollars that could have been better spent on their food, water,, adequate shelter, and medical care that instead was spent or caused to be spent by breeders for the following::

1) Fruitless and expensive medical care for Tri-Tards, Anencephalic loaves without brains and others who have such a low intellect that it can't be measured and do little else besides suffer greatly from their myriad of birth defects before they die as a result of their terminally ill maladies

2)IVF and other fertility treatments

3)All the expensive toys, clothing, accessories, lavish birthday parties and other bling for spoiled brats

4)All the time and money they spend on buying a healthy white infant when there are millions of "imperfect" kids waiting to be adopted

5)Money breeders spend on junk food and fast food in a month's time alone could probably feed a starving kid for over a year!

6)All the money they spend on themselves for hair, nail, and tanning salon appointments, expensive tramp stamps, jewelry, cell phones, internet, cable, etc......could be used to clothe a child or pay his way to school or any other number of things

They don't ever think about what sacrifices THEY could make, "for the chyldren" though, instead projecting onto anyone else, particularly those without children, how they should spend their money.angry flipping off

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Imagine how happy you could have made a child with the money and tine invested here ...

Yeah right smile rolling left righteyes2 most kids wouldn't care how much time or effort you put into something homemade, they'd just complain that it's not the latest iPhone or some other expensive gadget that has no purpose being in the hands of a kyd.

Gettin' real sick of the whole "but what about the chyldren???" attitude.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen a cute article about a woman who spoils her Bulldogs or a man who keeps lizards, only to have the comments hi-jacked by some breeder whining about "you should have spent that money on a chyld" or "think how much difference you could have made if you had donated that money to a chyldren's charity instead of wasting it on your pet".

It's really annoying and really disrespectful. Those people earned their money and they can spend it on whatever they bloody well like, and if they choose to spend it on a beloved pet instead of some brat then that's their business and no one elses.
September 13, 2012
I'd like to add, for the sake of cats across the globe, if they'd allow the ear drops to warm up to room temperature they'd have better results. That, and make the ear drop application part of a much desired pet session followed by a treat. I have never known a cat who liked ear drops, but if you do these two simple things they tend to forgive and forget a lot faster. However, I am ALL FOR anything done for the sole reason of furthering cat happiness, so ear drops or not I like this guy's idea.thumbs upwink

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
September 13, 2012
kidlesskim
Those same breeders don't give a thought in the world though of how "happy" tens of thousands of "the chyyldren" could be made with the BILLIONS of dollars that could have been better spent on their food, water,, adequate shelter, and medical care that instead was spent or caused to be spent by breeders for the following::

1) Fruitless and expensive medical care for Tri-Tards, Anencephalic loaves without brains and others who have such a low intellect that it can't be measured and do little else besides suffer greatly from their myriad of birth defects before they die as a result of their terminally ill maladies

2)IVF and other fertility treatments

3)All the expensive toys, clothing, accessories, lavish birthday parties and other bling for spoiled brats

4)All the time and money they spend on buying a healthy white infant when there are millions of "imperfect" kids waiting to be adopted

5)Money breeders spend on junk food and fast food in a month's time alone could probably feed a starving kid for over a year!

6)All the money they spend on themselves for hair, nail, and tanning salon appointments, expensive tramp stamps, jewelry, cell phones, internet, cable, etc......could be used to clothe a child or pay his way to school or any other number of things

They don't ever think about what sacrifices THEY could make, "for the chyldren" though, instead projecting onto anyone else, particularly those without children, how they should spend their money.angry flipping off

And they could go on some news video about the wars we've started and say, "All that money spent on weapons, airplanes and the troops could be supporting children all over the globe!"

Like a few bucks spent on banker's boxes (which the guy may have had for other purposes anyway - we have them to store books and for moving) would make such a huge difference. Go volunteer at a children's ward in a hospital if you want to make kids happy.

As you said, some homemade toys put together with care would be sniffed at by today's kids. All they want are phones to text on and other gadgetry. (While I love my gadgets, personal gifts always win out. My aunt got me a small ornament one year with a photo she inserted of my dog that died earlier that year. That gift meant more to me than any gift cards or money sent, and it probably cost $7-10 at the most.).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login