Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Awwtistic kindergartener denied lunch because lazy parents didn't pay; much mooing and lowing ensues

Posted by kman 
Link:

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/19529848/child-with-autism-not-given-lunch-at-school-over-billing-issue

Note all the mooing in the comments. Utterly tiresome.

Okay, we're supposed to feel sorry for the bizzy pahrunts because they "forgot" to pay? We're supposed to feel sorry because they claim (any proof?) that their rugrat is awwtistic?

Frankly, I don't see the problem with what the school did. You don't make arrangements to pay, your kyd doesn't eat.

Cry me a river if you can't be bothered (or "forget") and li'l Tardley misses a meal. So many kyds are such obese couch potatoes anyway that they could easily miss a few without problems.

I wish this policy would apply to these "free" breakfasts, lunches, and increasingly dinners that the schools feel forced to provide hos' kyds because ho is too busy selling her food stamps for drugs to actually feed them.
Unless the kid is diabetic or has some other legitimate medical condition that would put his health at risk by missing a meal, this is a ridiculous story.

Note to commenters to the story: get a grip. No one starves to death by not eating ONE meal.
Wow, even the parents are getting bingoed on the comments. When a parent says he sees no problem with not feeding a kid if a parent doesn't pay the bill, this happens:

Are you the parent of a special needs child? Unless you have walked in their shoes, you have no right to comment about them not being responsible. Parents of kids with special needs face challenges that you can't even begin to imagine. Half the time, if we make it out the door with shoes on our own feet instead of slippers, we are doing good.
I can't imagine letting any child go without lunch, especially a 5 year old who struggles with communication. Maybe you need to go to Oz and see if the wizard can find you a heart!

Guess the parental hierarchy is undergoing changes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
This kid ate muffins. It's not like he went without.

Death to breeders.
I was more upset over the run-on sentence written by the teacher! Anyway - he had muffins and juice, and he's FIVE. He was fine. I've been in the cafeteria when the grade school kids eat their lunches. Believe me, about 75% end up in the trash. When my cousin sits her kids down to lunch, it's half a sandwich, a handful of crackers, and maybe some grapes. Then they are full 'til dinner. This story is so unnewsworthy.
When I was in elementary school if you couldn't pay for lunch you got a frozen peanut butter sandwich if you were lucky. The kid isn't traumatized from not getting lunch. Whoever covered this "news story" is in serious need of a life. They should also be publicly beaten for inflicting this crap on the general public.
Whoever covered this "news story" is in serious need of a life.

Most likely one of those douches who is for prolific human breeding and very anti teacher, (or should I say, anti teacher getting good pay and benefits).
Well the article says they "forgot" to pay for the first few days. How many days exactly? And since they didn't pay for days, plural, and the kyd only missed one lunch, it seems they got a few freebies before the school hit the brakes and said if they don't pay, kyd doesn't eat.

Instead of people asking what kind of school doesn't continue to provide a free lunch, they should be asking what kind of irresponsible parunts can't be bothered to pay so that their chyld can eat. They're "too bizzy" to make sure junior has lunch every day? I wonder how often he misses a meal at home. I mean if the parunts are "too bizzy" to pay for someone else to provide their chyld lunch, then they must be "too bizzy!" to cook anything, right?

Or maybe it's a matter of seeing how many free lunches they could get away with before they were asked to pay up.
I remember the one time my mom forgot to give me a check to pay for my school lunches. I simply told the cafeteria worker what happened and was allowed to get my meal with the understanding that I had to bring a check the next day and would have one lunch automatically punched off my card.

There's no need to run to the media, and I'm sure the school made as many concessions as it could. But they can only give away so much free food before they have to make a stand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I walk the path of life to my own rhythm, my own beat-if you don't like it, step off and find your own damn song!
The school memo sent home with my step kid back in the 1990's at the beginning of the year basically said if your kid didn't pay for his lunch for three consecutive days, during which time he'd be given the regular lunch and a "reminder" note would be sent home each day, he'd be given a PB&J or a cheese sandwich, an apple or a pear and a carton of milk. However, if the parent didn't pay for his lunch after a week of the free sandwiches and they got no response from the parent after calls and letters went ignored, it was school policy to contact CPS and file a neglect complaint.

There is NO EXCUSE to habitually "forget" to send a kid to school with either lunch or lunch money. If they can't afford lunch they can fill out the paperwork and get the little bastard on the free lunch program. If they continue to ignore all their options they should be reported to CPS.angrily flogging with a whip

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
cfchevygirl
Well the article says they "forgot" to pay for the first few days. How many days exactly? And since they didn't pay for days, plural, and the kyd only missed one lunch, it seems they got a few freebies before the school hit the brakes and said if they don't pay, kyd doesn't eat.

Instead of people asking what kind of school doesn't continue to provide a free lunch, they should be asking what kind of irresponsible parunts can't be bothered to pay so that their chyld can eat. They're "too bizzy" to make sure junior has lunch every day? I wonder how often he misses a meal at home. I mean if the parunts are "too bizzy" to pay for someone else to provide their chyld lunch, then they must be "too bizzy!" to cook anything, right?

Or maybe it's a matter of seeing how many free lunches they could get away with before they were asked to pay up.

My thoughts exactly. I know two parents with special neeeds kids and there is no way either of them would forget to make sure the kids were fed.

If you're a parent isn't it a priority to make sure the kid eats? For fucks sake...what's wrong with breeders?
Snark Shark
"Well the article says they "forgot" to pay for the first few days. How many days exactly?"

To you or I, a few days is around 3. to breeders, it's probably around TWO WEEKS! bouncing and laughing

Yep.

There's only so much the school can let slide. If they continued to give out free meals while waiting for parents to 'remember' to pay, who would bother paying?
Once, when I was in sixth grade, I forgot my lunch money. I went to the office and told the principal. He told me to "borrow some money from your friends." By the time lunch rolled around, I had managed to scrape up the 40 cents (this was 1978) from a few of my buddies. I wrote down who had given me what (Dime from Cindy, Nickel from Jenny, etc.) and the next day, promptly paid them back. I guess today, I would go without lunch, go home and tell my mom how the school had made me starve, and then she would proceed to call the papers and post it on facebook!
When I forgot the luch money, I didn't eat, and it served me right for forgetting. When my mother forget, I didn't eat and told her.
It wasn't the end of the World.

Meeeeh Some people have to make dramas out of everything.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
I also feel like if I was careless enough to not make sure my child was eating, I wouldn't run to the media and anounce it. I might actually be embarassed at fucking up the basics of parenting.
Gotta love all the entitlement! My mom managed to make lunches everyday (not just for me but my sister and dad). If I behaved I'd get enough money to buy one of those huge chocolate chip cookies. I guess if I was a kid these days, I could complain that my mom forgot to give me cookie money and we could make a big stink about it via the media?
Where is the outrage at the parents for not caring enough about their awwtistique spayshul sneauxflaiyke to make sure it got fed? It's not the school's fault these pathetic excuses for parents didn't care if their kid ate lunch or not.
blueorchid
This kid ate muffins. It's not like he went without.

Death to breeders.

They don't pay for much of anything else.

Take some of your tattoo money and pay the fucking lunch money already
Well I used to bring my lunch and when I forgot it I'd either not eat or get some classmates to share some of their food. Little kids were raised differently, they felt bad and would offer to share their lunch. Then I would get home and get a lecture from my mother about forgetting lunch and I would have to make treats to bring in for the kids that shared their food.
I'm curious. What are these parents doing that's more important than remembering to give their kid lunch money?
electricfire
I'm curious. What are these parents doing that's more important than remembering to give their kid lunch money?

Anything else is more important than their kid.
satansbitch
electricfire

Anything else is more important than their kid.

Yes, like Moomies spend 6.1 hours on their smartphones
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login