Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vegitina update

Posted by starlady 
Vegitina update
September 25, 2012
Okay.. many remember my friend who's GD was born and had a stroke which was linked to her mother wanting everything be naaatuuuural.
Anyhow.. the loaf is 6 months old now. Still hooked up. Still in the hospital and on rehab. Saw the grandmoo last night at a meeting I was at. I overheard her talking to someone who asked how 'vegitina' was. She said 'oh it's working!! ' They are all happy because the loaf drank about a thimble full of water on her own. Still can't see, move, and is still on a breathing machine.
OH.. and I heard her also tell someone that 'the community has come together on this and they are taking up collections to pay expences'
Okay, I must be heartless. I could see if this loaf had any chance of a normal life, but she clearly does not. Only change in 6 months is her drinking a few drops of water on her own??? No... rehab is NOT WORKING.
Re: Vegitina update
September 25, 2012
If this were an animal it would be put to sleep.What the fuck is wrong with people keeping this child alive with no hope of recovery? But the fucking Moo will get her way yet again, and keep the child hooked up because it's all about her 'having a baybee'. And it was because of this selfish cunt getting her way, the child was born a veggie. When the hell will this shit stop?

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
September 25, 2012
That is so sad to me. Is the child in pain? Do they even care? It seems as though it would be more merciful to let it pass naturally rather than FORCE it into an artificial life.

..........................................................................................................................................................
Established tiling methods are for unlambent nonbreathers filled with tiny rage.--CrabCake
September 25, 2012
Progress for the poor girl would be lifting her head or sitting up. Not drinking a tiny sip of water.

I hope the "parents" are comfortable lying to themselves and to everyone else.
September 25, 2012
It makes me angry every time I hear that grandmoo telling someone that 'rehab is working' with a big smile on her face. I want to jump up and say 'pull the plug' but... I have to be nice. I do hope that devine intervention will put the poor thing out of her mysery. If that makes me mean.. then fine. I can't imagine the 'ooohhh that's soooo saaaad' comments that will be floating around when it happens. I will have to hold my toung. Would like to say "It's for the best" but I'd be shot down.
September 25, 2012
Did she get the water from a speech therapist or did the family dump some in there and it lingered there passively till absorbed by the tounge?

If they did it on their own and it triggers a gag there will be hell to pay.

I'm guessing the thing did not actually drink anything - they just poured it in her mouth and it happened to not leak back out. Can normal babies drink without suckling at six months? I seriously doubt a veggie baby could. I don't think it's the greatest idea to be pouring water down a vegetable's throat to begin with.

Six months of rehab that results in this loaf "drinking" three drops of water is not proof of said rehab working. As our saying here goes, this child's being kept alive so Mommy doesn't have to cry. Rather than let this obviously doomed baby pass away, her family will just keep her alive with machines forever and beam about her "progress." She'll still be "drinking" a few drops of water in 20 years and the family will still be calling it "progress."

But that's America for you - there is zero interest in quality of life. There's only an interest in keeping someone alive as long as possible.
September 26, 2012
The best thing that could happen for this poor thing is to have her life support pulled. Maybe someone will fall asleep on duty or otherwise forget her. Sometimes death is better and I think this case proves that.
September 26, 2012
I truly and deeply pity this child. Poor thing, it is not her fault her parents are MORONS.

Now, being able to drink on her own has a pro and a con. The pro is that some innate reflects are activating. The con is that it will never probably go past the "breathing by herself" thing if she come to that.

It is not the rehab, mind you. It would have happened anyway.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
September 26, 2012
I just have to wonder what kind of rehab they are doing. I mean.. how can you teach something that really doesn't have the capability to do what is being taught? These people are so delusional.
September 26, 2012
starlady
I just have to wonder what kind of rehab they are doing. I mean.. how can you teach something that really doesn't have the capability to do what is being taught? These people are so delusional.

And who is 6 months old. I mean, you can't teach much at that age to begin with.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
September 26, 2012
That's no kind of life. And no kind of progress.

If my cat were in that condition, I'd tell them to pull the plug. Brainstem activity -only is not a good life. And that's for my cat, who (and I say this with great love and affection) has a smooth brain the size of a walnut, with no prefrontal cortex. So it goes without saying that I'd make the same decision for my own mother, husband, or other loved one.

And I'd face my grief afterward, sure. I'd be effed up by it for a good long time. But I'm not about to keep them in this world just so I don't have to deal with loss.

Those parents are so damn selfish.
September 26, 2012
I let one of my poodles go a little over a year ago. She got sick suddenly and, from research and vet info, I knew it was going to be chronic. She went blind and had some kind of immune problem. Vets could have treated the symptoms for years, but she was constantly sick. No quality of life. Sure I was devistated as she was not that old... but I made the decision and delt with it.. and that was that.
Okay.. so a dog or cat are not human. Well this little vegitina has much less life than my dog did. I have also made the decision with a loved one... my father. He wanted no further treatments for his cancer. He just wanted to be 'let go'. So I had to let him drift into a state where he'd need life support... and then.. refused it.
I just don't get it.
Big gripe is how things like this are sending up everybody's insurance rates. Can you imagine how much round the clock care and freekin rehab on a vegitable is??? Crap!
September 26, 2012
When my mother was dying, her doctor told both of us that he advised against life support, given that he couldn't do anything about her returned liver cancer and an assortment of other abdominal tumors. Both of us agreed not to prolong things. It never occurred to me to kick up a fuss about it.
It would be a different matter if she could be lucid; my father and I wouldn't say a word about taking care of her if she remained bed-ridden from then on, as long as she could have some quality of life.

Sure, my mother died sooner, but it was great comfort to me that they were diligently dosing her with pain medication and that they didn't prolong her suffering. When you love someone, you don't torture them so that you don't have to cry.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" ... what's one more once you've already got two shedding on the couch?"
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login