Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Adults Only Movie Theaters (No, Not What You Think!)

Posted by Anonymous User 
Hello Everyone:

According to the National Post here in Canada, some Toronto-area theaters are experimenting with "adults-only" cinemas, where noisy kids are not allowed. They allow moviegoers to buy beer/wine, so minors can't get in at all. Chris Knight, the author of the piece says "The no-kid factor and the promise of alcoholic beverages are definite pluses for the new cinemas"....I'll definitely check that out!

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2012/10/16/cineplex-to-introduce-adults-only-theatres-no-not-that-kind/

Arielle
Re: Adults Only Movie Theaters (No, Not What You Think!)
October 16, 2012
They have existed for several years in the US, where people are tired of paying $25 to go see an R-rated movie at 10 PM only to listen to screaming infants and rowdy toddlers who probably got in for free. Mostly, you have to be in major city to find one. They cost a bit more but are, in my opinion, worth it. Even so, breeders will scream "ageism" because their pwesious is banned all the while demanding that same pwesious be admitted to an age-inappropriate movie for free.
October 16, 2012
what a great idea! YES PLEASE!
I love animated movies...you know, the kind of movies breeders think they can bring their noisy crotch-fruits to watch as family activity. because animated movies=children movies!

I want to watch movies in the cinema without having to listen to parents explaining what's going on in the movie to their children with barely there intelligence level. or having to listen to screaming babies in the cinema.

it would be a long wait though, considering as how anything labeled 'for adult' is perceived as 'perverted' in my country.
October 16, 2012
I have a PNB friend from Canada that I know online.This is the only kind of theater she'll go to and she says it's totally worth the distance she has to drive and the extra money. I wish we could get these in the US! It WOULD be nice to see a 'kid' movie without any actual kyds present.
October 16, 2012
There is one of these about an hour from where I live... Saw the Star Trek remake with Chris Pine in it there. Great experience, and not a shitling in sight.
October 17, 2012
Alamo Drafthouse does this. NO KIDS UNDER 16 (or 18? I look older, maybe that's how I got in last October, but I was with an adult...whatever)...NO EXCEPTIONS. Not even with adults. They do host children's events, but other movies do not allow kids.

----------
michaela

"A child will make two dishes at an entertainment for friends, and when the family dines alone, the fore or hind quarter will make a reasonable dish, and seasoned with a little pepper or salt, will be very good boiled on the fourth day, especially in winter." -Jonathan Swift, A Modest Proposal
They have these in Chicago but I think w/ the economy , they started letting the whole family in. I'm not entirely sure but I thought I saw that over the years. Hopefully, they go back to the old way b/c now you probably have to pay for hearing bratty wiggling kids and their TIPSY parents NOT dealing w/o it all the more.eating popcorn:beer
October 18, 2012
Glad to hear that other places are starting to realize that not everyone wants the kiddie scene in their face when they're out trying to enjoy a film. There are several of these near where I live. Lots of them aren't 100 percent adult all the time...but they'll have certain showings that are over-18 only. Some of them serve alcohol, so those showings are 21 and over only. Definitely worth it. One that my spouse and I especially like has comfy couches, tables, and excellent pizza. Wonderful stuff.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login