Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Parents fight for Disabled Daughter to have baby.

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Parents fight for Disabled Daughter to have baby.
November 05, 2012
http://t.news.msn.com/us/parents-fight-for-pregnant-disabled-daughter-to-have-baby

Tard wanders away from group home and now they discover she is pregnant. She has the mental capacity of a 6 yr old. Of course the Parents want her to continue with the pregnancy.

This statement kills me: There's no reason for this woman to be subjected to the danger and risk of an abortion because someone else thinks she's not worthy of having a child because of her mental condition.

And a pregnancy will be A-ok for a woman with the mental capacity of a 6 yr old, and who has epilepsy? So, what, they take her off the meds for the next few months and let her brain fry from the seizures?
And do you really think that the parents will adopt the baby out? They don't even know who impregnanted her, and how will they ever find out?

It is sickening that they want to put her through this.
Re: Parents fight for Disabled Daughter to have baby.
November 05, 2012
Disgusting. The state should take away their rights to make her medical decisions and appoint somebody who has her best interests at heart. Valid medical statistics show, time and again, that abortion is far safer than sluicing even among healthy women. Add in epilepsy and other medical conditions and I'm sure the risk of childbirth goes up. Since she is disabled, I am sure they could justify using general anesthesia to put her out for the procedure. What is a shame is that nobody thought of giving this poor woman a depo shot or some other form of birth control that would have both stopped her periods and totally prevented an unwanted pregnancy.
November 05, 2012
I bet this happens a lot more than we hear about in the media. angry smiley
badgersqueaks
There's no reason for this woman to be subjected to the danger and risk of an abortion.
What about the danger and risks of pignasty & childbirth? Women still die from childbirth.
November 05, 2012
Am I the only one disgusted because this child/woman had been, in all probability, raped?

The grandparents hope for a "normal" grandbabby. Simple. So they can put back the "mother" in the home (in all fairness, probably the best place for her) and raise a normal kid.
If their daughter has to die for that... so be it.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
November 05, 2012
An abortion is more dangerous than a full term pregnancy, birth, and post-partum recovery? smile rolling left righteyes2

The grandparunts must be desperate to have a 'normal' loaf to make up for their now-adult defecto one. Breeders are the most nonsensical, cruel, and immoral beasts. Sometimes I want to crack the heads of medical ethicists too angry smiley Almost all are disgusting breeders themselves who tout the 'almighty baybee at any cost' brand of ethics.
November 05, 2012
evilchildlessbitch
Disgusting. The state should take away their rights to make her medical decisions and appoint somebody who has her best interests at heart. Valid medical statistics show, time and again, that abortion is far safer than sluicing even among healthy women. Add in epilepsy and other medical conditions and I'm sure the risk of childbirth goes up. Since she is disabled, I am sure they could justify using general anesthesia to put her out for the procedure. What is a shame is that nobody thought of giving this poor woman a depo shot or some other form of birth control that would have both stopped her periods and totally prevented an unwanted pregnancy.

I can't possibly see how it was in the best interest of the daughter to have the child. Unfortunately, courts seem to make this decision often. I'm actually writing a legal comment on this very subject, and even though the law potentially provides mechanisms that would allow taking away her rights to such medical decisions, doing so often can cause a lot of societal and media backlash. There was a case in Massachusetts earlier this year where the trial judge's decision to order an abortion was very quickly turned over, which was a shame because the case had a very similar set of facts.

However, in many cases I have come across in my research, I've noticed that the parents are actually in favor of an abortion/sterilization/birth control because they realize that the responsibility to raise the child in question falls on them. Funny how these particular asshole breeders haven't realized this.
November 05, 2012
t.
Am I the only one disgusted because this child/woman had been, in all probability, raped?

The grandparents hope for a "normal" grandbabby. Simple. So they can put back the "mother" in the home (in all fairness, probably the best place for her) and raise a normal kid.
No, you aren't the only one. Rape was my first thought, and I was thinking, why would the parents want to force her to have a child of rape? angry smiley
November 05, 2012
If she was unable to give informed consent, then it is rape. The thing is, tying the "wanders away from group home" with the pregnancy could be misleading. Women with intellectual disabilities are amongst the most vulnerable -across all communities- and are at a high risk of sexual assault. And as for much violence, the perpetrators are very often found within the home and home-like environments.

I was unable to open the link, so my have missed this information, but I truly hope this woman has had an independent person assigned to her to advocate on HER behalf. Not the family, not the facility, not her GP, and NOT any group that wants to advance a pregnancy no matter what, but this woman.

I also hope they invest in some counselling that it tailored to her developmental level and her communication needs and abilities, for both the rape and the ongoing claims over HER body by others, including her parents.
November 05, 2012
nightfire
t.

No, you aren't the only one. Rape was my first thought, and I was thinking, why would the parents want to force her to have a child of rape? angry smiley

Considering she has the mental capacity of a chyld, it should be considered rape whether she consented to it or not. This is a travesty in every sense of the word. angry smiley
November 05, 2012
Sounds like grandbaybee rabies, for sure. I'm certain these subhumans are aware their daughter was probably raped, but that doesn't matter so long as they get a normal, untarded loaf out of this.
Of course, it's very likely this loaf could also be born a tard, and then what will they do?
November 05, 2012
t.

Many men are filthy disgusting pigs (and I'm a GUY). Some assholes are just so horny that they'd stick their dicks into anything with a hole. Forget the condition of the woman. All that matters is the piece of shit gets his rocks off. Motherfucking assclown needs to get his balls cut off with a rusty straight razor!

jbs
November 05, 2012
There is no way that this girl consented to sex - she doesn't have the capacity to. Fucking asshole parents deserve a slap upside the head and a swift kick in the ass. I hope someone intervenes on her behalf and gets this taken care of for her.
November 05, 2012
mumofsixbirds
nightfire
t.

Considering she has the mental capacity of a chyld, it should be considered rape whether she consented to it or not. This is a travesty in every sense of the word. angry smiley

That's a very good point. The article used the word 'consensual' which is technically incorrect; if the woman has the mentality of a 6 year old there is no way it could be consensual.

I was also thinking - how are situations like this allowed and yet the rest of us are forced to live with *so much* regulation? Just think of all the fail here ~ the tard wanders off. How did that happen? Gets raped. Gets pregnant. Her parents will most likely be allowed to make the worst choice for her. This will result in large medical bills undoubtedly at least somewhat foisted off on the taxpayer. The resultant loaf may be very sickly. And possibly unwanted. This case could have far reaching implications and create damage, heartache, and illness on others.

Meanwhile - Jane Chump like myself - I have to conform to all sorts of "rules". And woe betide those who do not. Down to piss ant crap like the color you can paint your house. Just think of all the laws and regulations we must adhere to. And all the fines and potential legal action if you do not. You got a pine cone laying in your yard and the next thing you know you're being dragged off to Alcatraz.

And yet all the complex and/or important things seem to be being decided by morons.

WHAT THE FUCK???

confused smiley
November 05, 2012
Sounds about like America. Everyone thinks that having kids is some kind of a right, and mixed with all the bleeding hearts bitching about rights for tards....well, you've got a retard whose handlers are more than ready to make her give birth. If she goes off her meds during the pignancy, it could cause major issues for her. If she continues taking them, she could birth another tard. And who is going to be the one to explain to her why she's in so much pain when she goes into labor and a dozen people are holding her down? WTF were the jackoffs at the group home doing when she escaped? Isn't it their job to make sure that, y'know, DOESN'T happen?

No teenager needs a baby, and a retarded one sure as fuck doesn't need one either. Abortion is the safer and smarter solution no matter how you look at it - the girl can be knocked out for a few minutes so she doesn't have to be awake during the abortion. But hey, who cares what the poor girl has to endure because now it's all about the baaaaaybee. Her parents most likely see this situation as being sort of the single flower that rises out of the ashes of a burned forest - a light of "hope" in the sense that hey, maybe a normal kid will come out of the tard girl, so they can just "forget" their daughter at the home while taking home a shiny new and healthy infant (which others have suggested, I know).

Parents who can look their mentally challenged daughter in the eyes and tell her she has to be sick, get fat, and endure tremendous pain and bleeding for something they themselves want are people who have absolutely no souls. Part of me thinks maybe they see it as a way to punish their daughter for being born messed up. How dare she not be the perfect little girl they dreamed of? Making her give birth will learn her real good!
coco_uk
badgersqueaks
There's no reason for this woman to be subjected to the danger and risk of an abortion.
What about the danger and risks of pignasty & childbirth? Women still die from childbirth.

The way you snipped the quote makes it look like those are my words, just so it's clear, that is a quote from the linked article.
November 06, 2012
Yes, she isn't able to give consent, so it was rape. Not only that, but it is unlikely she is able to understand what being pregnant means. It is very possible that the gruesome reality of it, away from the cutesy lie that are told around, could be terrible for her.

But hey, who cares? BAYBIEEEEEEEEE!

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login