Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Halloween

Posted by Theresa 
Theresa
Halloween
October 25, 2006
With halloween upon us, I was considering what to do about the little beggars that come to my door at halloween. Normally, I would just turn off the porch light, and pretend I'm not home. However, this year I will participate.

Each child that comes to my door will receive a nice shiny # 2 yellow pencil. I will tell them they can enjoy it while doing math homework.

Not only will I get rid of the box of pencils I found lying around, I will piss off each kid that comes to my door as they piss me off each and every day of the year.

I was going to give out expired canned goods, but thought the pissed off little brats might throw them back through the windows.
Mrs. Ogre
Re: Halloween
October 25, 2006
Good one! I saw a Burger King advertisement where some guy watches answers the door to a trick-or-treater and steals her bucket of candy because he's still hungry. That's another possibility.
CFScorpio
October 25, 2006
Personally I like Halloween and I like trick-or-treaters. I don't get why so many CF have a problem with it. Lord knows I took enough candy from strangers in my youth: I trick-or-treated every year from age 3 to age 17. The least I can do is hand out some candy: if I even get any ToTers this year.
Theresa
October 25, 2006
I don't have a problem with trick or treaters per se, I just hate the kids in my neighborhood. They run amock, are loud, obnoxious, and throw eggs and stones at random houses all year. I am not going to give these damn brats candy. If I lived in a neighborhood with nice normal kids, then yes I would give out good candy. I also enjoyed halloween as a kid, but was not a terror in the neighborhood.

There are a few very nice kids on my street however. I will make a special effort to give them something nice for halloween.
Anonymous User
October 25, 2006
I always loved Halloween. Even as a kid, I like it better than Christmas. It was fun to dress up as monsters and be out late at night getting candy. I think most of the complaints from the childfree is what Theresa mentioned. My mom and stepdad felt they HAD to give out candy so their cars would not be egged. The garage had been converted into a laundry room so it is not as if the vehicles could be hidden for the night. I also notice how Today's Sprogs are so rude and demanding when they come to the door. In my old place in the San Francisco Bay Area in the late 80's, some older sprogs banged on my condo door screaming how I better open up and give them candy. I was a timid sort back then so I just hid upstairs.
October 25, 2006
I love Halloween too. My home-owning friend and I usually decorate her front yard all spookey-like and take alternating turns handing out candy and hiding to spook the little beggars. A couple years ago some older kids came around, and I got the chance to really scare them good. Basically, I jumped out from behind a car, covered in blood, wielding a plastic cleaver. As they ran away, I overheard one of the kids say "Wow! That was the best house yet!"
:sam

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 25, 2006
I used to have no problem handing out candy to the neighborhood kids on Halloween, but with the increase in home invasion robberies in my area, I'll be skipping the festivities this year. The little kids come early, so maybe I'll give them something, but the light goes off as soon as it's dark. Plus, a big majority of the brats in the area are on the dole, so I'm reluctant to give them anything, seeing how I "treat" them every day of the Goddamn year.
October 25, 2006
in the UK we dont generally have trick or treat, but it is slowly changing.

i just say go ... and point and when a 6 foot tall man says it they go

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 26, 2006
LOL!! Me too Teresa! SO's ex-wife was a dental hygienst and while cleaning out his house in preparation for his move into my house, we found a brand new box of 250 spools of Glide dental floss. Guess what we'll be giving out!!!!! LOL!!

We're also giving out candy, but each kid will get a nice spool of floss to use after eating said candy so their teeth won't rot out of their little heads.

And SO and I will get to look like the "chyld-friendly-caring-folk" who just loooove chyldrun and are concerned for their dental welfare. BLECH
October 26, 2006
Glide?! Damn, that's the good stuff...
those kids don't know how good they've got it in your neighborhood.

"It truly is the one commonality that every designation of humans you can think of has, there's at least one asshole."
--Me
Anonymous User
October 28, 2006
I like Halloween - I don't mind handing out candy. But this Halloween is my last evening Spanish class until January term and I'm not missing it to hand out candy.
October 28, 2006
My cousin and I got conned into handing out candy at my grandma's house for a few years, and every year we would only get four or five kids. My aunt would also buy about ten pounds of candy, so I guess you could say I enjoyed Halloween because my cousin and I binged on the leftover sweets. smiling smiley

When I went trick-or-treating, I had to grab the candy I really wanted and hide it somewhere because my mother would eat most of my candy. I guess she felt it was her reward for walking around with me. Whatever.
Anonymous User
October 29, 2006
I have the same problem as Theresa...I live in a neighborhood full of rotten brats, most of whom have been spawned from Welfare Moos and their FOTW's. Normally we just go out to dinner, but I'm just getting over the flu now, and I don't think I'll be up to going out anyplace.

The problem is that some years, the landladies upstairs give out candy...don't know if they have recently, though. They live upstairs and the switch to the porch light is in their unit, so we have no control as to whether it goes on or off.

Add to that the fact that constant knocking at the door DRIVES ME THE FUCK NUTS. I'm serious...I think it sets off something in my brain that makes me want to KILL. The other day, the damned political assholes were going door-to-door around here, and I was too sick to get up and tell them to get lost. They'd keep knocking and knocking, eventually give up, and then come back on their way back and knock some more. I know that they were political people, because when Catdaddy came home from work later on, he found a slew of their flyers and shit all over the porch. Anyway, a "No Soliciting" sign is going up.

But I doubt that the little shit brats around here know such a big word, so I was thinking of putting up a "No Candy" sign. People did it when I was a kid, and no one ever knocked at those doors.

I had been Googling for ways to avoid trick or treaters, and I came upon something interesting: in the UK, many police departments are issuing special posters that say "No Trick or Treat - Do Not Disturb". Anyone who doesn't want to be bothered can get a poster to display in a front door or window. The police then ask parents and kids to please respect these signs and avoid any house that displays one.

Merc...do they do this where you are, and if so, how well does it work? I wish the police departments HERE would do something like this.

So I will try putting up signs on my own, and hope that it at least reduces the amount of knocking. But I am afraid that they will knock MORE, just to annoy me.

I only wish there was a fool-proof way to avoid the knocking altogether.

I hate Halloween.
Sherz
October 29, 2006
I am actually lucky to have a dental appointment on Halloween! I figure by the time I'm done there, I'll meet DH at his office and go out to a very leisurly dinner, totally missing the candy grab . I really don't want to treat the obnoxious brats in my neighborhood either.

I've already had one shitty experience with an early trick-or-treater. I was getting my hair cut on Thursday, and as I was standing at the counter paying, this little brat shoved into me and screamed "trick-or treat" to my stylist. She informed her/it that the mall shops were giving out candy that evening from 5-7 pm for Halloween. The kid ran off and came back a minute later saying that her mother was going to call the police on my stylist if she didn't give her some candy. My stylist, who is a PNB with one very well behaved child, gave her a nice little lecture on speaking respectfully to adults and not interrupting. Damned obnoxious brat!
cfhistorian
October 29, 2006
My hubby and I just moved to this area in May, and I don't know if we'll get any kids or not...I live on the main street downtown in a small city. I haven't seen kids on this street, but I know that the famblees with brats live in the McMansions over by the Squall-Mart on the other side of town. Our apartment is the top floor of an old house, and the bottom floor is our landlady's day spa/hair salon, so even if there are kids going door to door here, they may pass us by because our door doesn't stand out as being separate from the business (it's an unmarked nondescript door right next to the salon door). I hope we don't get anyone...I have class Halloween night from 5:00-6:15 (I'm a grad student at the University in town), and the last thing I'll want to do is run up and down my stairs to answer the door, especially if my husband isn't home (he's a chef and works in the evening).
October 29, 2006
You don't have to hand out to trick or treaters. You could also go out for the evening, as the restaurrants may actually be empty of the lil' f*ckers.

lab mom
CheeseLouise
October 29, 2006
Theresa Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't have a problem with trick or treaters per
> se, I just hate the kids in my neighborhood. They
> run amock, are loud, obnoxious, and throw eggs and
> stones at random houses all year. I am not going
> to give these damn brats candy. If I lived in a
> neighborhood with nice normal kids, then yes I
> would give out good candy. I also enjoyed
> halloween as a kid, but was not a terror in the
> neighborhood.

EXACTLY. *That's* the problem I have with handing out candy. The shits annoy the hell out of me all year long. The next-door-neighbors' brats especially run through my yard and treat it like a mere extension of theirs, and now that it's Halloween I'm supposed to give them free candy? Fuck that shit. They should be giving ME candy for putting up with their rude, entitled little asses!

I'm turning off all the lights and hiding in a back room and pretending I'm not home. Fuck the greedy little bastards.
DrDanCorelli
October 29, 2006
A grandmoo in our condo building is having a shitfit after the homeowner's association board told her they would not open up the building for trick or treat on Tuesday. She thought it would be "nice" if we had neighborhood brats in beg for candy from floor to floor, tying up the elevators for hours. It's a highrise building, for fuck's sake, and we only have three elevators, and the stupid bitch knows there are only a four to six units on each floor!

Now she thinks we are not family friendly. Ya think, bitch? Most of the owners here are young professionals, older couples and CF/EN of various ages. There are only a few brats in the building, and none of them live here full-time.

Anyone have that clue-by-four?
CheeseLouise
October 29, 2006
DrDan, if grandmoo is so hellbent on participating in ToT, she should sit her ass in the lobby/entrance and hand out candy to the vermin, instead of disrupting the normal routine of the entire BUILDING. A condo building by nature isn't family-friendly, so what is her fucking problem? Sounds like she should move to a breeder-infested apartment complex, if you ask me. MOOOO!!
October 30, 2006
they dont really do it first of, maybe south, but up north where i am,we only had 2 in the last 5 years, and they ran off.. after seeing me lurk out

*********************************************************************************************************************************
I just post the stories, for interest.. for everyone

Lord, what fools these mortals be!
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Act III, Scene ii

Voltaire said: "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."

H.L.Mencken wrote:"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.”

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. Albert Einstein
October 30, 2006
Well, I must admit, the dental floss went over quite well on Friday night!! LOL We handed out a pack of floss and a mini candy bar.

A few of the kids saw it go into their bags, plucked it out and said, "Oh cool! Dental floss!" and ran off. One kid asked if I was a dentist. One said he never flossed before but really should start. Where the hell is HIS mother?

The kids were actually nice, friendly and polite. Nearly all of them said "thank you." There may be hope for the children of my area yet!
Anonymous User
October 30, 2006
WaterLily Wrote:
> You don't have to hand out to trick or treaters.
> You could also go out for the evening, as the
> restaurrants may actually be empty of the lil'
> f*ckers.

I know, that is what we usually do. But the problem is that I am still sick with a cold and lingering flu, and am not up go going out anyplace. I want to just sit in bed and watch DVDs and not have to hear any dog-damned knocking.

WHY WHY WHY is it legal to harass people in this way?
October 30, 2006
Just unscrew the porch light.

--Me
October 30, 2006
Feh Wrote:
> Just unscrew the porch light.

Exactly!!!!

lab mom
JoJo
October 30, 2006

I know, that is what we usually do. But the problem is that I am still sick with a cold and lingering flu, and am not up go going out anyplace. I want to just sit in bed and watch DVDs and not have to hear any dog-damned knocking.

Think of it as a golden opportunity to practice germ warfare on the neighborhood brats!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login