Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"I'm 50 and didn't think I could get pregnant":rolleyes2

Posted by drake 
"I'm 50 and didn't think I could get pregnant":rolleyes2
December 10, 2012
The QVC forums are Moo central, and I frequent there for entertainment purposes. I saw this and couldn't believe the sanctiMoo attitude. She already has 2 grown children! Also, all the other Moos are giving her plenty of udder rubs.

What a fucking idiot to think that she couldn't get inpig. The stupidity....

http://community.qvc.com/forums/wellness+health/topic/343971/50-and-unexpectedly-pregnant-one-year-later.aspx

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Re: "I'm 50 and didn't think I could get pregnant":rolleyes2
December 10, 2012
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. This culture has you thinking that women cannot sluice past the age of 35 without 100 rounds of IVF. Anyhoo, it still sucks. I cannot imagine dealing with a screaming sack of shit at age 50!
December 10, 2012
GAWD.

And I was excited about soon being 37 smile rolling left righteyes2

But, at least I am single and have no present worries. I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

You think you're 'getting too old' though. Gah.
December 11, 2012
If a woman still has a monthly cycle she is still capable of getting pregnant. That is basic biology even I am capable of understanding. Too bad most people can't.
December 11, 2012
peace-n-quiet
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. This culture has you thinking that women cannot sluice past the age of 35 without 100 rounds of IVF.

Same here....before IVF became the thing to do, women were told their eggs were useless raisins by 40. The largest group of accidental pregnancies came from the 16-21 crowd. The second is the over 40s because we are told we can’t get pregnant anymore.

Fact is that if you are having periods (no matter how irregular) you can still get pregnant. It helps to remember that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 11, 2012
Women have talked about "change of life" babies since forever--I remember hearing the term from some of my older female relatives probably 35-40 years ago. Like other posters have said, until you're COMPLETELY through menopause, the rules of basic biology still apply.
December 11, 2012
Tiquer
Women have talked about "change of life" babies since forever--I remember hearing the term from some of my older female relatives probably 35-40 years ago. Like other posters have said, until you're COMPLETELY through menopause, the rules of basic biology still apply.

Absolutely. I have two cousins who were change of life baybees. No ivf back then. It's very very stupid to think one cannot get pregnant if one is still menstruating. It may be more difficult to get preggo than before but still very possible.
December 11, 2012
Let's be fair, it IS the QVC forum.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
December 11, 2012
Becoming inpig at age 50 would be a nightmare of epic proportions for me and SHOULD be upsetting to anyone, including moos. Do they NOT know the obvious repercussions of such a thing? In addition to the glaring problems like they will be nearly 70 when it graduates from high school, the well known dangers to a woman's health who gets knocked up at that age, among other things, sluicing a loaf at age 50 with a bunch of half rotten eggs and no doubt fledgling sperm is Loaf-Tard-Central, personified. So, in addition to all the other problems associated with late life loafing, they will very likely end up with a vacant eyed, twisted, jerking, and otherwise worthless shitsack born with a spittle cup in it's mouth. NO THANKS!thumbs updown

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
December 11, 2012
Miss_Hannigan
Let's be fair, it IS the QVC forum.

waving hellolarious

Remember the Beany Baby craze in the 90s?!
These are the idiots who maxed out their credit cards to the tune of $20,000 for a useless stuffed animal that McDonalds was giving away with a Happy Meal only a few years before.

No wonder they don't know that pignancy is still possible at 50.

.....or was that the Home Shopping Network?

jbs
peace-n-quiet
I'll give her the benefit of the doubt. This culture has you thinking that women cannot sluice past the age of 35 without 100 rounds of IVF.

And I suspect that simply has to do with saving women who WANT babies from a lot of financial and emotional misery when they push their luck by not trying until they ARE 35. But, of course, there's still the problem of how not to make oneself useless to the workforce by having a baby before, say, age 25.
And, regarding menopause's discomforts:

http://catalog.fborfw.com/indexid.php?q=5927&Submit=Search
December 11, 2012
Ya know, geezer moo, there's a cure for that. It's called A-B-O-R-T-I-O-N! Git yew sum!

It's your hell; you rot in it!
December 11, 2012
There is a reason women are advised to keep using birth control one year after the last period. smile rolling left righteyes2
December 11, 2012
I was an end of menopause baby. Let me tell you, it sux to have parents that are old enough to be your grandparents. These geezer breeders and hoary moos should NOT be breeding the next batch of so-called cancer curers because it's selfish to the kid to have to deal with senile parents when their own life as an adult is just beginning.
December 11, 2012
Just to be clear on my earlier thoughts - I *do know* that I can get pregnant as long as I have periods.

I was so hoping that the Menopause was coming soon though, since I'm supposedly 'getting old'. So they say. I do agree that this is largely Breeding Propaganda and IVF marketing tactics.

I was so hoping that I was 'getting old' though. I had high hopes for this Peri Menopause biz also, much like an eager teen awaiting the first period. When? WHEN?

Oh I heard plenty of talk about these "Change of Life" babies too! We were often shoved off on Grand Ma for babysitting, which entailed scooting us off to one end of her house while she Kaffee Klatched with her Bubby friends. We would creep down the hall and eavesdrop on them.

I knew all about this by the time I was 8 or 10. That, and they complained an awful lot about their kids, husbands, and grandkids. And their various guts that were falling out which they attributed to birfin kids. It's not like that heavy old world EU food would cause you an issues or anything LOL. We did hear plenty though, about all kinds of things - "Back Labor", "Milk Leg", "Change of Life Babies", those gone nutty from Menopause, drunken husbands, all kinds of things ~

Yes, I got quite a good 'education' via eavesdropping grinning smiley

(And these were the types where such things ABSOLUTELY SHOULD NOT! be discussed around children!)

Thanks, Nana!

(If you were caught spying you'd get your ass beat good though.)
December 11, 2012
My mother told me about "change o' life" brats too lol! This stuff has been going on for ages...
December 12, 2012
I dated a couple of change of life kids; they still wanted kids well into their 40s.

I heard much about the ballyhooed change of life which should commence around your mid 40s. I had a year of hot flashes, 2 skipped months (and was cheering) then back to regularly scheduled cycles. I am closer to 50 than 40...enough of this shit already.

Even if I came down with thunderclap baby rabies there is no way in hell I would ever subject a biokid to a geezer parent.

From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
December 13, 2012
navi8orgirl
I heard much about the ballyhooed change of life which should commence around your mid 40s. I had a year of hot flashes, 2 skipped months (and was cheering) then back to regularly scheduled cycles. I am closer to 50 than 40...enough of this shit already.

Highly variable; I believe the best predictor is said to be when your mother went through menopause. It's also the best predictor of how long your eggs stay good (which is relatively useless knowledge unless you're being annoyed by an infertile and want revenge).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login