Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm back!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
I'm back!
October 25, 2006
I'm back! Sorry about not posting in months, partial laziness, partial moving insanity, and partial school. I've escaped breeder-boom Calgary, Alberta (it's called cowtown for a reason) to Halifax, Nova Scotia. I swear, I've been here for two months and I've seen a total of about 10 kids. It's a wonderful thing, everyone here seems to be university age or older. There's no SUVs, strollers, no brats acting up in a public place, no entitlemoos breastfeeding in a store. Halifax is this awesome combination of a university town and a maritime city, and it's big enough that it still has all the positive aspects of a big city.

The only problem is the few moos I've seen have been awfully young. Eep.
Anonymous User
Re: I'm back!
October 25, 2006
Welcome back, Lady Cooper! It sure is nice to have you back!
Anonymous User
October 26, 2006
:sw

Welcome back, Lady Cooper!

I always heard Calgary was very much MooLand...and very conservative. A call center I worked for had centers in Canada -- one in Halifax. I often had to talk to agents in Halifax when my department could not handle a matter for the customer and I had to transfer a call. Halifax does sound like a cool and non-breeder place.

I am glad you got out of Sp*rm Valley, a term we San Franciscans (but I live in Florida now) use for certain parts of the Bay Area that are very breederific: Novato, Concord, Millbrae, San Bruno, San Mateo, Petaluma, Santa Rosa, etc, etc, etc... tongue sticking out smiley Speaking of young moos, Florida is full of them! I can understand my mom's era as contraception and abortion was not that available and usually illegal back then. But, now???

Don't feel bad for being gone so long. Life happens to us. I have been dealing with stuff lately so I was sort-of gone for almost a week...
Anonymous User
October 26, 2006
Aw, thanks guys!

Yes, Calgary was very conservative. Very strongly 'Big C' Conservative, meaning they voted for the Conservative party (centre-right wing), and somewhat 'small c' conservative, mostly economically, but there were lots of people against same-sex marriage when it was legalized. It's mostly oil companies getting people rich quick and me-me-me attitute, which is perfect for breeders.
October 27, 2006
Welcome back LC! I hear Nova Scotia is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You're lucky to live there. SO and I hope to visit one of these years!
October 27, 2006
Hey Lady Cooper! Welcome back!

And say hello to the "Trailer Park Boys" for me if you see them! (I think they're still shooting in Nova Scotia, right?)
Anonymous User
October 27, 2006
Welcome back!

Catdaddy and I visited Nova Scotia several years ago, and we spent some time in Halifax. We saw very few brats there. We went to this cool bar/restaurant (I forget the name of it now) that was across the street from the Alexander Keith brewery, and not one breeder in sight. There were a bunch of guys in there watchng a hockey game on the TV, and they were yelling and cussing when their team wasn't doing well.

In breeder-land, you often can't cuss in a bar any more, because Little Snottums might hear! Fuck that shit...brats don't belong in bars, anyway.

We loved Halifax and want to go back one day...glad it hasn't turned into breeder hell since we were there!
CFScorpio
October 27, 2006
Welcome back! Congrats on your move!
October 30, 2006
Congradulations on your move! I'm glad you got out of fuckbratville!

lab mom
CF VTer
November 01, 2006
OOooooh, are there good pubs in NS? smiling smiley DW and I keep threatening to head up there. Not sure if we would drive directly or go to Maine for the ferry.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2006
CF VTer, I'm guessing you're not too familliar with Canadian democraphics. tongue sticking out smiley East Coast = pubs (proper ones, although there are a few clubs too) every second shop. And since it's Canada, children aren't allowed in and in Nova Scotia there's no smoking in bars! grinning smiley Come on to NS! It's fun! Take the ferry, if you drove you'd have to go through New Brunswick which is longer and..well...it's New Brunswick. Ick.

There's some great brewpubs and microbreweries here in Halifax. If you're ever up here, try some Garrison, Propeller, or go to Ginger's Tavern / Brewpub. There's a lot better beer than just Keith's here.
Anonymous User
November 01, 2006
CT VTer...the Scotia Prince is no more...it used to go out of Portland, and that's how we went. I didn't much care for it, and I'm glad it's gone.

But now you can take the Cat out of Portland, which is really cool for us, as we don't have to go all the way up the Bah Hahbah to catch it. You can take your car on it, and it only takes a few hours.

More time seeing stuff and less time on some rather skeevy, boring ship is fine with me! When we go back, we will spend most of our time in Halifax, with a few side trips.
CF VTer
November 02, 2006
catmommy9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But now you can take the Cat out of Portland

Okay my ears just went up like the dog when I ask, "Do you wanna go for a ride?" That's the one reason we haven't really tried to get to NS yet. The Cat was in Bah Hahbah smiling smiley and even from Vermont that's a long way.

Well Nova Scotia means "New Scotland", so I would hope for good pubs. I just wanted to make sure. :beer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login