Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ha ha, bed made lie...

Posted by surgicalvetnurse 
Ha ha, bed made lie...
February 04, 2013
Someone I know is pregnant with their second child. Their first pregnancy was hideous, as was the delivery. But, they've chosen to DO IT AGAIN.

She works in the CCU of a busy hospital. Today her FB post was about how she's pregnant, tired, carrying an extra 20 pounds and NO ONE is giving her ANY compassion.

:bedmadelie

Yeah, I'm like carrying an extra 100 pounds and I'm always tired, but I seem to be able to work the same 12-16 hour days like she does. And I manage to clean the house, cook, have hobbies and maintain a good sex life, unlike her.

We all have burdens to bear. Her choice was to have children. shrug
Re: Ha ha, bed made lie...
February 04, 2013
Hahahahahaha . . . whew, wow, not much compassion! I didn't get much of that when I was diagnosed with cancer and went through chemo six years ago. I'm telling you, people do. not. care. about it. True story. My faaaammily, the dna whose asses I was always told to lick, could not have been more apathetic. Hey, it's all about the blood when THEY had crises (and there have been many). Yeah, not so much when I showed up with the ONE crisis I've ever had. Sorry to hear about that, barbur. Bummer.

So, anyway, fuck her and her expectations for compassion for a condition that is completely voluntary. You wanted it, sunshine. Put on your giant preggo-girl panties and suck it up.
Anonymous User
February 04, 2013
barbur
Hahahahahaha . . . whew, wow, not much compassion! I didn't get much of that when I was diagnosed with cancer and went through chemo six years ago. I'm telling you, people do. not. care. about it. True story. My faaaammily, the dna whose asses I was always told to lick, could not have been more apathetic. Hey, it's all about the blood when THEY had crises (and there have been many). Yeah, not so much when I showed up with the ONE crisis I've ever had. Sorry to hear about that, barbur. Bummer.

So, anyway, fuck her and her expectations for compassion for a condition that is completely voluntary. You wanted it, sunshine. Put on your giant preggo-girl panties and suck it up.

Barbur,

I'm sorry to hear that you went through such a scary time without the love and support you deserved. I know it's the internet but the CF community here is very supportive. And they make me think as well as laugh. It's good that this forum exists.

Family, we can't chose them. I'm not going to lie, I have no feelings for some of my ghetto ass family members after learning of/ experiencing their attitudes, lies, stealing, non- stop drama, drugs and jail time.

These entitled fucks! They always want something for nothing and have the nerve to get devestated or enraged when they come across people who won't give in to their ludicrous demands.

Bitch needs to have her preggo panties jacked to a wedgie!
February 04, 2013
Barbur, for what it's worth, I'm sorry you had to go through that without family support. You can always lean on us.

It's so disheartening how people care less when you're an adult without kids. I actually care less about people with kids for this reason, because most everyone fawns over "mama" or "the family man"

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
February 04, 2013
Thank you for your kind words, beach bum and Miss Hannigan. I did have my husband, but he was just as frightened and depressed as I was and we went through that whole thing alone. I was really stunned and hurt.

Later on I was just angry that my mother had shoved the whole "Family is the most important thing evah! If you ain't got family you ain't got nothin'!" crap down my throat my whole life. That never did really line up with my observations, but it's something you want to believe, nonetheless.

And I agree with you, Miss Hannigan, about not giving a damn about people with kids. Some fellow breeder will always flutter around them in their time of need. For the children, of course.
February 04, 2013
Bitch needs to have her preggo panties jacked to a wedgie!

waving hellolarioussmile rolling left rightsmile
February 04, 2013
Barbur. I went through chemo and radiation ten years ago.friendly hug. My husband and my local group of AA were my sole and best support. My blood famblee? Not a word of encouragment from them other than my brother. If I had pushed out a loaf, they'd have been staying at my house for months. :bayybee.angry smiley
February 04, 2013
barren4ever and barbur - So sorry that you two went through such a hard time and didn't have the support of your families! I learned at an early age that "blood is thicker than water" is crap. I honestly feel more love toward my friends than most of my family and am indifferent to most of them. One relative, I actively dislike.

This woman sounds like she just wants to be a martyr. I can't stand martyrs! cutting a smiley with a chainsawfuck

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
February 04, 2013
Barren and Barbur,

I'm sorry that your family treated you like shit.

Chosen family beats blood family all of the time!!
February 04, 2013
Brown-eyed diamond, Thank you. Blood is not thicker than water. At the very least, I am lucky to have a family of the heart. Not bonded by blood, but by the love we share together. Not imposed by societal mores. True blue friends.
February 04, 2013
Virtual hugs to you, barren4ever. Looks like we've won the battle, if not the war!

Thanks, brown-eyed diamond and surgicalvetnurse. Wish I had had this board back then; it would have cheered me up immensely.
February 05, 2013
Hugs right back at you Barbur. We are the champions. Like-minded friends trump family, always.friendly hug
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login