Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random Observations from a Trip to Chili's

Posted by loavesstillsuck 
Random Observations from a Trip to Chili's
April 06, 2013
The hon and I have our own businesses, and because we kind of work all the time, we like to take a quick break and enjoy a weekly dinner out someplace nice; (think: spending $70 per person, not $25.) When you dine at places like that in our area, you'll never find children there. Parunts have no money and love shitty, over-salted, overly-seasoned food masquerading as something that "tastes good" -- so they avoid these places. Many of the restaurants in our area have famous chefs and even the chefs at the smaller places are quite creative, sophisticated, and surprising (always coming up with wonderful new flavor combinations, working with new ingredients, etc) with their cooking.

Anyhoo....we needed to do our grocery shopping in the evening, which we rarely do, because of committments this weekend. (We usually shop on the weekend; don't know why, it's such a fucking breederific nightmare). So we went to a Chili's beforehand for a quick meal before heading to the nearby grocery store.

We go to Chili's just a few times a year; what a piece of crap that place is.

Random observations from this visit:

1) Food sidenote; the next day my tastebuds and body are always screaming from the excess amounts of salt, fat, and seasoning in the food -- always used at the chain restaurants so they can get away with essentially serving "face meat" quality beef -- add enough flavors and the average breeder will think "It tastes good!" No, you're just addicted to additives, fat, sugar, and excess salt. Bleah.

2) It's breeder central in that time frame of 5pm - 7pm. The men were all BALD; and many of them were very, very young; all of these men and their breeder companions had two to four children in tow;

3) Loads of REALLY OLD LOOKING WOMEN with kids; tired looking 55 year olds with very small children, and I don't think these kids were their grandkids; I forget how so many infertile 40-something women pull all that ferility treatment crap and eventually pop out a defective at 48 or whatever; ugh; all the kids looked like they had malformed heads and were SPECIAL;

4) THE DIN! When you can't hear your partner and you're conversing at a relatively loud tone of voice, you're in the wrong fucking restaurant, for sure; we're used to intimate, dinner by candlelight or the equivalent, types of places, where the service is impeccable, quiet, and subtle, not interrupting your conversations;

5) I forget how the servers in these places are about 20 and every one of them does that "No problem!" thing. As in, "I'd like some water, please" and it's "No problem!" Of course it's no problem. I didn't ask you to do fuck-all; I'm just reminding you to do your fucking job at its most basic level; these "kids" act like they're doing you a favor just to do the bare minimum amount of work; they're also very intrusive because everything is ALWAYS about them; they can't wait for thirty seconds to let you complete a conversation, they have to budge right in rudely and make everything about them --- "HERE'S YOUR MEAL! HERE'S YOUR BEVERAGE! AREN'T I DOING A GREAT JOB!" etc. Fine dining service is SO different.

6) Breeder families look so fucking exhausted and drink like FISH! Just to drown out the annoying hyper energy of their rugrats and have a little "adult" time with their dining companions -- which is impossible, of course, because it's not like you have privacy or can really connect with your spouse or friends; everything has to be all about the kids.

7) Separate grocery shopping note; I always learn more than I want to about breeders there; this Friday night was all moms with a kid or two or duds with a kid explaining to their little shits about how they'd be sent off to the other parent's place at such and such a time, all this shuttling service going on, with the kids never knowing where they were going to spend the next night; how sad that kids are growing up this way without any fixed address, and parents think it's going to be great after they get divorced, but since it's almost always shared custody, nobody gets a real break from the kids anymore. I mean, can you IMAGINE having to deal with a yucky ex all the time and his new wife or her new boyfriend and constantly negotiate shuttling the kid(s) around? No fucking way.
Re: Random Observations from a Trip to Chili's
April 06, 2013
loavesstillsuck
Breeder families look so fucking exhausted and drink like FISH! Just to drown out the annoying hyper energy of their rugrats and have a little "adult" time with their dining companions -- which is impossible, of course, because it's not like you have privacy or can really connect with your spouse or friends; everything has to be all about the kids.

I've noticed a growing trend of restaurants in my area that offer playgrounds, and they're always full of breeders getting their drink on and letting their brats run free range. And forget any place that has a patio - even if the drinks are ten bucks a pop and the entrees upwards of twenty bucks, breeders LOVE places like that so that their DNA contributions can run around while they get sauced. It SUCKS.
April 06, 2013
And all this right here is why I prefer chowing down at ethnic restaurants (mmm... last Saturday night at my favorite quiet Thai joint... ah, the memories!). If they ain't serving chicken fingers, breeders ain't taking their brats there.

My tits and ass with soul, baby!
April 06, 2013
3) Loads of REALLY OLD LOOKING WOMEN with kids; tired looking 55 year olds with very small children, and I don't think these kids were their grandkids; I forget how so many infertile 40-something women pull all that ferility treatment crap and eventually pop out a defective at 48 or whatever; ugh; all the kids looked like they had malformed heads and were SPECIAL;

The rest of us: "Who's going to take care of you when you're old?"

55 year old Moo, pointing to 10 year old Shifferbrayns "Bubba", Junior: "He will."

The rest of us: "But who's going to take care of him!?"

55 year old Moo, rubbing belly: "Druelella, who was conceived at the lab this morning."

The rest of us: "We're eating at Gordon Ramsey's from now on!"
April 07, 2013
I know waitstaff has to be able to ask the people at their table if everything is fine for them, but I've always been annoyed by how a lot of servers at these kitschy places will flat-out interrupt you mid-sentence. I know they're probably trained to do it, but I think it's way rude! In their place I'd just wait until the person was done finishing their sentence and then ask if they needed refills or whatever. I don't see why they couldn't be trained to do it that way. Places like Chili's and the like are super breederific and I try to avoid them when I can as well. I also tend to see more geezer breeders than young breeders these days. We'll have a whole generation of spayshul loaves who never grow up.
April 07, 2013
cosmictraveler
I know waitstaff has to be able to ask the people at their table if everything is fine for them, but I've always been annoyed by how a lot of servers at these kitschy places will flat-out interrupt you mid-sentence. I know they're probably trained to do it, but I think it's way rude! In their place I'd just wait until the person was done finishing their sentence and then ask if they needed refills or whatever. I don't see why they couldn't be trained to do it that way. Places like Chili's and the like are super breederific and I try to avoid them when I can as well. I also tend to see more geezer breeders than young breeders these days. We'll have a whole generation of spayshul loaves who never grow up.

I do blame the main offices more than the servers. I think that with a few a-hole exceptions they either 1. don't know any better and are not trained properly or 2. do know but are forced to do and say annoying things or get fired (I can't imagine having to say "and would you like our super value McBiggie Flapper-Slapper Bovine Burger?" once in my life much less all night.)
I too avoid the Chilis/Bennigans/TGIF places. As a good friend once said, "I refuse to eat any place where I have to worry about sticking to the seats.' Good advice!
April 07, 2013
Ugh, I'm glad to be away from the food service industry (and I hope I don't ever have to go back), and not working for a corporate chain restaurant. The people up top who come up with the policies are completely disconnected from the actual experience of working in such a place, and come up with really impractical and bullshit procedures for the workers to follow.

I hated "up-selling" with the fire of 1,000 supernovas. For one thing, fast food workers don't get paid enough to also be salespeople. There is no incentive given to the person who gets the most up-sells other than a little pat on the back from supervisors, which means fuck-all to most people. Most of the time it didn't actually get anyone to buy extra things. I got yelled at by most customers who thought it was obnoxious.

Every boss I ever had in a corporate chain restaurant actually believed that it was a surefire way to boost sales, most likely brainwashed from the bigwigs on high. My observation was that it annoyed more people, and out of every ten customers, maybe one or two would say, "sure" to an up-sell offer, and it boosted the sale by maybe a dollar or so. Whooptee-fucking-doo! grinning smiley If people want a bigger size or an additional side item, they'll order it themselves, and the majority of customers actually found it annoying. But an employee of such a place can get in serious trouble if they don't try and up-sell. smile rolling left righteyes2
April 07, 2013
agatha trunchbull
And all this right here is why I prefer chowing down at ethnic restaurants (mmm... last Saturday night at my favorite quiet Thai joint... ah, the memories!). If they ain't serving chicken fingers, breeders ain't taking their brats there.

You wouldn't have been safe from me! When I was ten I LOVED ethnic food.

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login