Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FIRST VICTORY!:tu thumbs upwink

Posted by t. 
FIRST VICTORY!:tu thumbs upwink
April 13, 2013
Some time ago I told here that I would try to make the housing plan around my city less breederific if possible.

Some background for those who don't know: I work in a business that makes houses. Since we can make very cheap but VERY GOOD houses, we often work to make house for ERP (what you would call section 8, I guess) or "social housing". This second is for people who aren't so poor to need ERP but aren't rich enough to buy at market place (which is crazy high). Those kind of building are called "167" (from the number of the law that created them).
Since the 167 buildings don't, as far as I know, come with ANY agevolation depending on the number of loaves, I would say that there are some good opportunity for CF people to buy a house... but only if there are appropriate flats.

I succeed, with some nudging, to ensure that in the next complex we will make, a 167, has a certain number of "studio apartment" (this is what my dictionary on line call the one-room flat, with a nice kitchen and a bathroom) and "two room-apartament". Neither is particularly good for a people who have loaves or plan to have them, but both are quite nice for a CF single or couple grinning smiley
The other blueprints didn't contemplate flats with less than three rooms (which are useless for a CF person who can enter the 167 rules...)

Sorry, it may seem a stupid thing, but I am very happy of it!

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Re: FIRST VICTORY!:tu thumbs upwink
April 13, 2013
Breeders will still try to stuff their loaves into studio apartments.

My breeders did.
Anonymous User
April 13, 2013
I think it's a great way to try and keep neighbourhoods decent. You're less likely to end up with ghettovilles, if you keep the breeder riff-raff out.
April 13, 2013
law
Breeders will still try to stuff their loaves into studio apartments.

My breeders did.

They may try, but a good CF couple has more money to buy this smiling smiley people are asking for smaller appartment because there are less children around, so all good grinning smiley

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login