Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

9-Year-Old Girl Kills Herself Because She Didn't Want a Younger Sibling

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://www.mommyish.com/2013/04/09/9-year-old-hangs-self-baby-brother/

New York Daily News reports that 31-year-old Tamiqua Torres, who kept a personal mommy blog, had given birth to a baby boy eight months ago. She married Justice’s stepfather in 2011. When the little girl learned that she was going to be a big sister, she reportedly told relatives that she “wanted to die.”

Justice was taken to a therapist for her troubles, and her family believed that the issue had been resolved. On her mother’s personal parenting blog, which has now been taken down, Tamiqua even wrote that Big Sister was adjusting. The little girl’s grandfather also noted that there didn’t seem to be any “conflict” between the kids.

But Justice nevertheless committed suicide.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if her mother had another child knowing full well that her daughter wouldn't like it.
Justice? I know a law student who used that name for her beagle but for a person??
aliceblue
Justice? I know a law student who used that name for her beagle but for a person??

I'm sorry to say that it's a trendy name for girl sprogs and has been for at least five years now. One of the names I often hear a moo screeching in public is Justice. Maybe the fucked up name is part of why she killed herself.
Poor lass. Who knows what was going on in her life and in her mind that she would think to hang herself.

There's definitely more to this story than just "Justice suddenly didn't want to be a big sister" and what would have happened if she had killed the baby instead of herself?

Something just doesn't smell right about this...
Parents like to bleat about how they know what's best for their kyds. They do not realize that their quest for the latest shinier brand new blob might not make the already there happy. My brother was born when I was seven, and I was not a happy camper. Had I known about suicide, things might have turned out differently. Perhaps Justice's role in the household shifted from child to mommy assistant. I had the good luck to have aunts and older cousins engage me and love me.sad smiley
This makes me so sad. It's not unheard of in today's world for kids this young to be killing themselves, unfortunately. While this is extreme, I can understand how the little girl might have felt. Might have, as I never had step-parents. My actual PARENTS having another loaf would have freaked me out badly enough, but they had grandchildren by the time I was 9, and that was bad enough, as my oldest nephew was with my Mom more than his actual parents. Having a younger sibling at that age would have turned my whole world upside down, and not in a good way.

I know that kids aren't the bosses, but I do think it's important to consider the feelings of the child that is ALREADY THERE when thinking about sprogging yet again. Although in this case I bet the girl's problems stemmed from more than just the baybee, but we all know she probably got pushed behind the couch when goldendick arrived.
Where does a nine year old learn to tie a noose and hang herself??? That isn't common knowledge.
satansbitch
Where does a nine year old learn to tie a noose and hang herself??? That isn't common knowledge.

My thoughts exactly. I wonder if something else was going on.

Maybe she anticipated more than just becoming a behind-the-coucher.
Hmmm...

It's not just the baby. It's the fact that the poor kid kept getting pushed out of attention by the moo. First by marrying the stepduh, then the blog (because that takes time away from raising your kid), and now the baby. And that's all probably just the tip of the iceberg. sad smiley
Don’t worry folks, Moo Moo will be working on a replacement loaf in no time.
In all seriousness, I feel horrible for that poor kid. I can sort of understand why she did it too. When new babby comes along, the other kid gets tossed aside and forgotten about because Moomie can’t attention whore the older kid.
Hell, I felt shunted aside and on the verge of replacement when it was just a stepduh I had to deal with. I remember crying at the thought of how replaceable I'd feel if my mom ever decided to sprog with the guy.

This poor girl.
As terrible as this is, I feel as if I can relate to the kind of feelings that this girl experienced. As soon as I learned where babies come from, as a child I was terrified that my mom would one day announce a pregnancy. I strongly disliked babies/toddlers even as a kid, and I was very introverted and my favorite things to do were read and play quietly by myself. I hated noise, mess, etc. I remember telling myself that if my parents had another kid, I would "run away."

There's definitely more to this story than just "Justice suddenly didn't want to be a big sister" and what would have happened if she had killed the baby instead of herself?

This.

I would be looking at the stepfather pretty hard right now. Maybe he was having sex with the mom and the girl.

The poor kid. Mommy had her at age 17, which is disturbing.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login