Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feminists should support daycare? Bite me. :cen

Posted by aliceblue 
Feminists should support daycare? Bite me. :cen
April 16, 2013
This idiot is trying to tell me, and other feminists, what we SHOULD be doing - supporting daycare for moos (because the wallets can't be expected to help).
Re: Feminists should support daycare? Bite me. :cen
April 16, 2013
I couldn't read the article from my phone. The page kept refreshing.

What do they mean we should support daycare? Uh, in pretty sure daycares are business, which should be paid by the cusomers. If you don't like the price or quality, don't use the service. No one HAS to breed.

I really wish people would stop claiming feminism when their real agenda is pro-natalism.
April 16, 2013
I naively thought feminism was about gender equality. Men do not have to birth and care for kyds. Therefore women should be free to not birth and care for them. This is what all of us here have chosen. It is a choice, with consequences. Don't wanna do it? Just say no.:headbrick
April 17, 2013
I support the esistence of a daycare business, like I support every other kind of business (lawful and ethical, of course).

More than that? No. You haven't the money for daycare? Don't breed.

The article does say some interesting thing... that daycare workers should be pay honestly and should have the correct training. So perhaps the US daycare system is now a milking cow machine, and it goes against the consumers right to have what they pay for. This I agree with, if all the backeries in my city would start selling me shitty bread and making me pay a lot of money for that, I would be royally pissed, too. But that is a different point.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Do you know how many half-wits work at daycares, or how many people of even FEWER mental faculties run them? I could tell breeders things that would scare the SHIT out of them.

It DOES happen to be shitty service for a high price, but nobody held a gun to the average breeder's head, demanding they fuck without birth control or money in the bank.

I do find it hilarious that SAHMoos "deserve" six-figure salaries, but want to pay someone else an unlivable wage to do the SAME FUCKING THING.

Where is all the money going, if not towards the employees and the cost of running the place? I realize that all businesses under our system exist to generate profit, but I wonder where the huge gap is... unless it goes to cover breeders' maternity leave, and to pay half-witted replacements. I think that's what's going on. Daycare workers are just SAHMoos with paychecks (even if they're shitty ones), so for every employee that's working, they're also paying for one that's not.
April 17, 2013
I noticed some MRA people chimed in. I feel like they are following me.

Childcare isn't a "feminist" issue because true feminists aren't wrapped up in "mother's rights". That's a different offshoot - feMOOnism, that doesn't give a shit about gender equality of the treatment of women in society. It's focus is on all things Moo.

Maybe there needs to be some more oversight of "daycare" facilities beyond a SAHM opening up one in her home, or a corporate one that hires criminals because it pays them $7/hr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login