Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Duhdy Files: "Stop treating duhds like idiots!" :rolleyes2

The Duhdy Files: Getting my ass kicked by fatherhood since April 2008

Duhdy whines
The reason I’m so bent out of shape about this is because it’s a small problem that’s indicative of a much larger and more serious issue.

The reason you're bent out of shape is because you're a pussy...fatherhood makes you more mature, my ass!

More whining
I’m not looking to pull the shirt from shelves or put anyone out of business (as if I had that clout). If there’s a market for it and it sells, so be it. And while I’m all in favor of witty, legitimately funny stuff that pokes fun at dads, I don’t think this fits the bill. I think because no one would dare make fun of mothers in this fashion, it’s harmful to attack dads. More than that, I just don’t understand it. If you want to help raise the level of active and involved fatherhood, why on Earth would you go out of your way to deride them with crap like this?

He's basically pissing and moaning about a onesie pic his wife sent him. Read the rest of the whine festival for some laughs. bouncing and laughing

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Well, maybe if they stop acting like idiots...
Me thinks the reason he's offended by this is because of his own insecurities.
Re: Duhdy Files: "Stop treating duhds like idiots!" :rolleyes2
May 13, 2013
kippies

Eh, I see his point. In commercials the dad's always look like complete tools. Heaven forbid if we had a commercial where the man WASN'T the idiot, but was teaching a woman sew, make dessert, etc. We've all put shirts on wards, pants on backward and shoes on the wrong feet. It doesn't mean we need a labeled shirt and labeled shoes to know which one goes where. Unless you're a ballet dancer and in that case, the shoes do matter if they're on the right feet because they mold/break in according to the shape of that foot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What is a home without children? Quiet. ~Henny Youngman

I don't want people who want to dance, I want people who have to dance. ~George Balanchine

"I took the batteries out of my biological clock and put them in my vibrator"
CF_Amy

Eh, I see his point. In commercials the dad's always look like complete tools. Heaven forbid if we had a commercial where the man WASN'T the idiot, but was teaching a woman sew, make dessert, etc.

Yup, exactly. This is not just limited to dads though. Many commercials AND tv shows or movies portray the man as the bumbling, somewhat feeble-minded, but well-intentioned fool. The woman (his partner) is always to the rescue...knowing the right laundry detergent to clear that stain or knowing where the movie tickets are left. It's pretty pathetic. I think the idea is that women are the consumers, and the media assumes women get off on this. It is dumb, stereotypical, role-reinforcing, and just plain off/wrong for many relationships (including mine). Unfortunately though, for others, like resentful moos, it justifies their resentment, "normalizes it", and gives them a bit of community bonding over the bitterness (wrapped up in "humour") they feel.

Just as bad though about things like this shirt, or those commercials, is it reinforces the cult of moohood, that moos are untouchable and like a whole new species who is nothing but compassionate, intelligent, loving, competent, empathetic, all-seeing, all-knowing. Because moo certainly would NEVER make a mistake and putting on a onesie is second nature for ANY woman. These are all natural talents that are able to shine during moohood, which is why moohood is so natural and all women want babies and will just know how to parent and blah blah...Mr. T: I pitty tha fools
I get what you guys are saying, but please remember; some duhs call 911 over their loaves getting stuck in their bath seats. It's true a lot of duhs are painted as idiots, but that twatcanoe definitely deserves the title.

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Commercials and TV in general are condescending to both men and women. Sure, they portray men as big, bumbling idiots but they also portray women as the happy homemaker who is always cleaning up after everyone. I don't particularly care for the idea that just because of my lady parts I'm expected to clean up every single mess that may occur in the house while a man or way-too-old kyd sits there watching. Paper towels and spray cleaner are not high tech. Anyone can use them. I do agree with the general principle of what he is saying, but he is still a whiny baby. This kind of stereotyping, for lack of a better word, can pretty much be applied to any demographic on any TV show or commercial. In addition, I know BNP duhs who act like idiots on purpose to get out of doing stuff. If he wants to get all bent out of shape he needs to yell at them as well because they feed the image.
CF_Amy
kippies

Eh, I see his point. In commercials the dad's always look like complete tools. Heaven forbid if we had a commercial where the man WASN'T the idiot, but was teaching a woman sew, make dessert, etc. We've all put shirts on wards, pants on backward and shoes on the wrong feet. It doesn't mean we need a labeled shirt and labeled shoes to know which one goes where. Unless you're a ballet dancer and in that case, the shoes do matter if they're on the right feet because they mold/break in according to the shape of that foot.

That's the really cunning part about these ads. They're sexist against women too.

The only type of commercials where women are made to look superior are commercials about baby care, cleaning, and kitchen stuff. When was the last time you saw a commercial where a woman looked superior at, say, a business meeting?

Yes, it is insulting to men, implying they're so totally inadequate at basic common sense things.

But at the same time, it's also insulting to women, because it implies that women's talents lie solely in being chained to the stove.

And the funny thing is that a lot of women don't even realize they're being condescended to. They feel smugly proud. And a lot of men don't take offense to it. Baby stuff is women's work anyway. Claiming they're inadequate at it is just another excuse to get out of doing it.

So the ad makes almost everyone happy, by insulting everyone simultaneously.

Sexism for everyone!
May 13, 2013
If duhs didn't act like morons they wouldn't be treated like it. Dickless Wonder, aka Daddy Files, gets his panties in a wad over a picture but he acts just as stupid as that onsie makes all duhs out to be. I found proof of that with some of his recent twats.

"Wait a second, wait a second. Just hold up here -- The Great Gatsby was a book??"

My GM just yelled: "Aaron, how do you feel about periods??"

There should be a warning on Cool Ranch Doritos that says: "Caution: no one will have sex with you after consumption."

There's more where that shit came from if anyone wants to look at Dickless's twatter feed. He proves his intelligence and maturity level all the time with crap like that and gets butthurt over a piece of baby clothing intended as a joke??? I think Dickless's only problem is with having his maturity and intelligence, or lack thereof, pointed out for him. Keep it classy, Dickless. You really make the internet smarter.
lilin_unite

Sexism for everyone!

Sure, why not. This way they can pass it off as "equality".
May 13, 2013
I read some thought lately, along the lines of - TV ads show Duhs as dumb and Moo as All Powerful and Saving the Day -
The analysis was of this that it was just more hijacking of 'female power' and directing toward cleaning the house.

Another offshoot of FemMoonism in a way.

And of course a backhanded attempt to get women back in the home - YOU MOO! Are STRONG! here!

You could see it from this angle too. Wherever I read this analysis / comments on such ads - I forget - but the gist of it, anyway - they do have a point.
May 13, 2013
Duhdy Files: "Stop treating duhds like idiots!"

If the straitjacket fits....

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login