Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Polygamy USA

Posted by gymrat 
Polygamy USA
June 12, 2013
Has anyone else seen this show yet? It is on the National Geographic channel. (God knows why!) Why, lately, is TV pushing polygamy on to the general public and trying to make it seem acceptable? One of the families on the show has so many kids that the dad is buying and putting up storage pods in the back yard for the older kids to sleep in. His goal is 7 wives and 50 kids. So far, he is at 3 wives and 21 kids!
Re: Polygamy USA
June 12, 2013
I wasn't aware that polygamists typically have a "goal"... How utilitarian. sarcastic clapping
June 12, 2013
Oh, sheesh! So, National Geographic is sinking, too? Why can't we CF get a reality show? Oh, that's right. We don't have any drama. Well, other than "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!"

June 12, 2013
Disgusting. I have wondered about why polygamy is being pushed on the public so much. One thing I have seen is that when bad press comes out about young teenagers getting raped into these religious fanatic harem's, outcry in the messages after the articles is attacked by people supporting "live and let live" and saying these people aren't criminals and such (I think these cultists have some kind of organized support that tries to counteract bad press). Bull Shit, they rape women into submission as brood mares when they are still children themselves, kick out unwanted boys onto society to care for when they are still kids (gotta get rid of age appropriate boyfriends for the girls so the old guys can keep their pedophile fantasies going). And the women and girls don't even know they have rights as citizens. Add to that these guys have their female brood slaves on welfare to support the constant crotch droppings they are forced to produce, often disabled from in-breeding.

Very destabilizing to society, they are beyond counter productive, they suck from our tax money and snarl at the idea of human rights. I think I hate these people more than most.
June 12, 2013
Damn, I SO wish to make a polyandry show now...

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
June 12, 2013
Yeah...how come none of these freaks believe in Polyandry? I actually can't imagine trying to be the spouse of several - either way. Wouldn't it get downright exhausting? Cody from "Sister Wives" is expected to have sex every single night! Even for a young, horny guy, that is asking a lot. And Cody ain't young. In the show I was watching the first wife came out and admitted that since she was the only legal wife, that she didn't work for "tax purposes." It is her job to stay home with nine preschoolers every day while hubby and the other two wives hold down jobs. I used to thank God that I was born in this country, and not some awful place like Iran or Iraq. Now I see, more and more, how fortunate I was to be born into a family that isn't in a cult. Hell, these people make the Duggar girls look fortunate!
Anonymous User
June 12, 2013
I was channel-surfing yesterday and landed on this show for the first time. I watched long enough to see a woman explain that since polygamy is illegal in the U.S. that she is the first and legitimate wife of Mr. Whoever, but she also has two sister wives who work (more advantageous for tax reasons for her not to be the working one). I don't know how many kids they have between the three of them, but she was mentioning in the scene that all of the adults had gone off to work and all of the school-aged kids had gone off to school, and she was home with the under-5 set. You know how many there were? NINE. NINE KIDS under the age of FIVE, She was trying to work around the house and the chaos, dear Jesus. There were babies crawling and grabbing her pants as she stood at the kitchen sink, and elsewhere in the house as she changed a diaper there was fighting, howling and general misbehavior that she couldn't address because, well, she was a bit outnumbered. She said something to the effect of that even for her, it was too much, and that her brain was on permanent overload.

I turned the TV off, walked across my perfectly quiet and clean apartment into my room to read. I mentioned to FH that I would actually rather die than live her life. And I love life, but I meant it.
June 12, 2013
nathanomir
Oh, sheesh! So, National Geographic is sinking, too? Why can't we CF get a reality show? Oh, that's right. We don't have any drama. Well, other than "Get off my lawn, you damn kids!"

June 12, 2013
I'd be all for it if I was allowed to have a selection of husbands (all CF of course) to tend to my every need!
June 12, 2013
Making the kids sleep in storage pods???

What is this world coming too?

Because I just saw 'Behind The Couchers' mentioned elsewhere - we could have, for these ilk - Behind The Podders.

Tis true that these types like to thump the Bible - which is probably their own version of it that they wrote with crayons on the back of old hog feed bags.

The movie Children of the Corn just popped into my head. He Who Walks Between The Pods favors ME! ME! I get ALL the women! The rest of you boys - you are banished to the Land Beyond The Pods!
June 12, 2013
I would find sister wives helpful for housework and all-female orgies.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2013
surgicalvetnurse
I would find sister wives helpful for housework and all-female orgies.

That's just called having really awesome friends.
Anonymous User
June 12, 2013
I watched about 20 minutes of it.

If they wanna clean my house, cool. If not, no thanks.
June 13, 2013
Wait! It gets worse.

Many of these polygamist women, at the urging of superduh who can't afford to support all of his wives and raise all of his sprog, go on welfare fraudulently by claiming not to know who the kyds' duh is. This has been going on for years in the Mor(m)on polygamist fringe.

Warren Jeffs was one of the ringleaders of this fraud, but I'm sure it continues in back corners of certain western states. And you and I get to pay for Studley's lifestyle this way.
June 13, 2013
So...if you can't/won't supply a name for your sperm donor, he is just off the hook, and you get welfare? What a scam!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login