Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kids Need Classes in Gender Roles, Yep, Yep.

Posted by nathanomir 
Kids Need Classes in Gender Roles, Yep, Yep.
June 20, 2013
Georgia Congressman Phil Gingrey stated Tuesday that we need special classes in elementary school to teach boys and girls their proper gender roles; not as men and women, but fathers and mothers. Yep, not only is he advocating sexist approaches to life, but he completely bypasses any alternative other than parenthood. He wants to start them young, too, so by the time they graduate, they won't know anything but their prescribed Lifescript (TM) places. This guy is a leading candidate for U.S. Senate from Georgia, too.

"You know, maybe part of the problem is we need to go back into the schools at a very early age, maybe at the grade school level, and have a class for the young girls and have a class for the young boys and say, you know, this is what’s important," Gingrey said in a speech supporting the Defense of Marriage Act. "This is what a father does that is maybe a little different, maybe a little bit better than the talents that a mom has in a certain area. And the same thing for the young girls, that, you know, this is what a mom does, and this is what is important from the standpoint of that union which we call marriage."

The "union which we call marriage" only has mothers and fathers, not wives and husbands. Dammit, I hate it when they infer that marriage is only for increasing the surplus population!

A little background on Gingrey. He's Catholic, has four kids, and he's an OBGYN. Why did a cold tremor run through me when I typed that sentence? Of course, he defended both Todd Akin and Richard Mourdock.

My relatives wonder why I refuse to return to the South!

Full HuffPost Article Here.
Re: Kids Need Classes in Gender Roles, Yep, Yep.
June 20, 2013
Thankfully here in MA we recognise that marriages are also wives and wives, and husbands and husbands.
June 20, 2013
I sincerely hope this Gingrey douche dies in a horrible car crash. Normally, I wouldn’t wish such a thing on anyone, but this guy makes me positively ill. Kids need classes in gender roles? Give me a fucking break. I’ll bet you anything this asshat’s marriage isn’t all rainbows and leprechaun farts. Hell, wouldn’t surprise me if he’s got himself a mistress. If by chance he doesn’t snort a mountain of coke before getting behind the wheel of his car and smashing it through a guardrail, I hope some skanky single moo comes forward and pulls an Alana Joy on him. That would be so delicious.
Yes, that's what we need, more sexism and personal oppression. More stifling of the creative and gifted. And of course, more devaluation of women. Because I guarantee you his idea of a father's role is "spend as much time away from the rugrats as you can and justify it by calling yourself a "breadwinner," when in reality all you've done is isolate your wife from all outside contact and personal empowerment."

Where do they even find these people? smile rolling left righteyes2
June 20, 2013
Could it be that he just wants more business as an OBGYN? They do make more monies from babies after all. Maybe all the other OBGYNs he knows are pressuring him to do these classes so that they can buy a Mercedes.
June 20, 2013
cfinboston
Thankfully here in MA we recognise that marriages are also wives and wives, and husbands and husbands.
I don't think that's the issue. If he pushes that the main end point and purpose in one's life is to breed, then there will be an increase in les/gay couples feeling it applies to them too. They'd just end up having surrogates and donor insemination instead over normal insemination.
June 20, 2013
Mr Gingery would kindly butt off of OTHER PEOPLE LIVES. There is NO gender role to learn in school. I am all for teaching to all children skills like cooking or sewing (everybody should know how to attach a button) but aside from that? BS. Steaming pile of BS.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
June 20, 2013
That Leave it to Beaver lifestyle has been gone for over half a century and isn't likely to make a comeback, so it always puzzles me when these types keep attempting to reinvent it. I think it's because they are fearful they are losing power as a group and that makes them frightened, but that's only a guess. Most of these traditional famblee geezers have already raised their kids, so why they'd be concerned with how everyone else lives will remain a mystery. confused smiley

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
June 20, 2013
Holy Fuck, I suppose this dumbass hasn't realized that American kids are getting dumber every year and we're being lapped by the Chinese and the Third world? They are coming over here on student visas and filling up our Phd programs because our own students are too stupid, lazy and paying attention to their Ipads, their cell phones and Kim Kardashian and Beyonce's pregnancies?

But sure, instead of really doing something to address our bloated and inefficient education system, let's put feel-good Fundy non-education "valyooos based" topics into our skools.

Shit like this makes me think he has indeed noticed, and this is part of a plot to keep dumbing down the American people to keep them tractable. Let's encourage everyone to go back to "good 'merican valyooos" and breeding future consumers they can't afford on minimum wage jobs (the only thing left after they've exported everything to China) so they'll be corporate and cannon fodder and so busy supporting their brats that they won't notice:

Government and Big corporations = the same
Big Government is spying on them
Big Government is corrupt
the environment is being poisoned
we are all going to die due to overpopulation and greed
June 20, 2013
Don't forget keeping those pesky wimmenfolk from stealing good paying jobs from good famblee men. I mean, they have to compete with all those illegals from Mexico for jobs, competing with women also is just too much

We would not want to have them have to qualify for them now, would we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
June 20, 2013
Georgia?

Oh, so should I try to emulate the Honey Boo Boo Famblee? Ima slick myself up just like Mama June after a Wal Mart makeover!

Maybe then I'll make some racist cracks like Paula Deen.

Yes, this sure does sound like a great idea!

What could possibly go wrong?

Ima eat a stick of butter right now!
June 20, 2013
This guy is such a festering cunt that when he flapped his gums about women and rape, his Facebook page was trolled to death and then put on virtual lockdown.

It remains without a Posts By Others section to this day. So much for listening to We The People!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login