Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Famblee friendly new rules at my condo

Posted by surgicalvetnurse 
Famblee friendly new rules at my condo
June 25, 2013
My condo allows residents to bring guests to our pool. In the past, everyone got 2 guest passes. Various Meemaws and Peepaws complained up the chain, and now everyone gets 5 passes, which is so way over the top.

The pool is large, as is the seating area around the pool, and it can accommodate quite a few people. However, the Meemaws and Peepaws aren't bringing their old friends to the pool, they bring their fucking grandbrats.

Today I was off and went out and did errands. By 1:00, it was about 93 degrees and super humid, so I headed to the pool with my neighbor. The pool was completely overrun with brats. The shallow end had at least 15 kids in it, and some of them were swimming into the deep end (where they aren't supposed to be). They were screaming, yelling, playing Marco Polo and I swear to God, every one of them from 2 years to 10 years had on either swimmies or a life vest and goggles. Don't fucking kids learn how to swim anymore? Jesus Christ.

When I wanted to get out of the pool, I had to shoo away groups of Moos and Meemaws who congregated on the steps with toddlers - who were wearing those fucking swim diaper things.

I have absolutely fucking enraged, so I called the super. Basically, his hands are tied because the decisions come from higher up. I called the HOA board president and left a message, and then I decided - fuck it - I am calling the management company. I got some bored middle management asshole on the phone who told me that I had to wait until NEXT YEAR to attempt to overrule the new guest pass rule. They wouldn't even listen to reason - that there are too many kids for the ONE lifeguard to watch, children in diapers SHOULD NOT be in a PUBLIC pool and the increased influx of people has lead to a MESS being left in the pool area - water bottles, snack bags, ground up crackers, etc. Every chair and table that the famblees used were filthy when they left. The miserable looking lifeguard got the pleasure of scrubbing everything down with Soft Scrub and a brush. What a fucking load of bullshit.

The kids were also running in and out of the clubhouse and gym in their wet bathing suits, which isn't allowed - but who is going to listen to a 19 year old lifeguard?

I am so fucking aggravated. I LOVE the pool here, and it's literally 5 feet from my apartment. Now I get to share it with a bunch of pissing and shitting little brats, and I get the pleasure of listening to them scream while I sit on my patio.

Fuck.
Anonymous User
Re: Famblee friendly new rules at my condo
June 25, 2013
This kind of stuff is essentially what caused us to put our old condo on the market when we did. Couldn't enjoy the pool/hottub area without being subjected to screaming and hollering, huge messes, etc. Also, a clown car full of people moved in next door (I swear that there were at least 10 people living in a 1k square foot unit).

I know there are a few condo complexes in my city that don't allow residents under 30, of course, I don't know how that pans out for residents with younger visitors.

Thankfully, real estate is cheap where I live and my private pool is strictly no screamers allowed. Unless that screamer is me.
June 25, 2013
They may not be able repeal this seasons passes BUT they CAN add new rules, particularly if it is a safety issue. Perhaps it can me made so unappealing (for kids or grandmoos) that they'll go off in a huff. The HOA could also set "adult swim" times. I've included some rule ideas below.

Any child between the ages of 0 through 10 years of age must be supervised by a
person at least 18 years of age, with proper swim attire and must remain with that
child or children at all times. (I really lie this because the loaf keepers have to be in the pool and can't sit on the edge or stand on the stairs with other keepers. Either the kids will be out of the pool a lot or the "day" at the pool will shorten to an hour because I doubt many of the grandmoos will want to stay standing much longer

• Children who are not toilet trained or children who are recently toilet trained MUST wear a swimming diaper AND rubber swim pants that fit snuggly at the waist and legs with their bathing suit.
• Coast Guard approved life vests are the only acceptable flotation device during open swim.
• Strollers are not allowed on the pool decks or in pool vestibule.
• Toys, aquatic exercise equipment and floats are not permitted in either pool during open swim times.
June 25, 2013
I'm totally not trusting those "Lil Swimmers".

Husband and I had a hot tub at a house we lived in. This was when his daughter, her husband, and their two toddlers moved in. They wanted to get the toddlers in the hot tub, and it was SUCH a hassle. First off, the argument over the insistence of wearing the Lil Swimmers. Second, having to cut the temp WAY down because the water would be too hot for the diddums. Third, anyone who knows about hot tubs knows that you can't get ANY type of fiber in the water. Well, the Lil Swimmers let off some fibers, and we had to clean the filters out after that. So, if the fibers can get out, then why not "other things"? Thankfully, it freaked the toddlers out and never happened again.

I heard them tell me that this land of dreams was now
I told them I had ridden shooting stars and said I'd show them how
- Ozzy Osbourne -
June 25, 2013
Should have turned the temp up and made toadler soup.devil with smile
June 25, 2013
I'm really pissed that my condo is basically being used as a camp and free babysitting for a bunch of unruly brats.

I am going to add Aliceblue's list to my own, and then email the management company and the HOA.

I'm usually a live and let live type of person, but I really refuse to deal with this. Tonight there were kids running around the tennis courts, making a fucking lot of noise. They were finally chased back to the pool by people who regularly play tennis. Where is fucking Meemaw and Peepaw when this is going on? Sitting by the pool, chatting and ignoring the kids. Of course, when something bad happens (and it always does), these same Meemaws will be lining up to demand that the pool, gym, tennis courts and sidewalks be closed permanently so another child doesn't get hurt.

My condo USED to be adults only when it first opened, but the old timers started to die off, and the units were left to family members who moved in. Lately we have gotten A LOT of younger people with families moving in, and it seems like every Meemaw in the complex has a minimum of 6 grandbrats.

It's going to be another hot day tomorrow, and if the pool is filled with kids, I swear I am going to drown them.
June 25, 2013
You can at least shut down the pool by pouring Liquid Ass into it.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2013
This sucks.

Glad I live in a place with strict enforcement on their (rather small) spa and surrounding areas.
Anonymous User
June 26, 2013
I can't help but laugh out loud at "meemaw" and "peepaw".
June 26, 2013
satansbitch
You can at least shut down the pool by pouring Liquid Ass into it.

No no...everybody including svn suffers...

I think a box of soap flakes the night before a scorcher should do the trick...with a nice big Baby Ruth. Because if svn can't have fun, neither can they!! devil with smile
June 26, 2013
This is why I hate children - they ruin everything for everyone else in the world.

Can't relax by the pool (which you pay for through your rent) - kids want to scream, act like apes and splash like tards.

Can't relax at the coffee shop - Moo brought her brood with her and they're barking and squealing.

Can't go to the movies - you know some toadler is going to be there commenting with his shrieky little voice through the whole film.

Can't go to a simple, casual restaurant - moo and duh think that if it isn't Chez Expensive than it's a "Fambly Restaurant" and let their brats climb the fucking walls.

They're rude, narcissistic, inconsiderate little cretins, and so are their parents.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login