Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Car Accident Insurance Question: Do You Have Child Safety Seats?

Posted by Anonymous User 
"Do you have child safety seats?"

My response, "No, I hate children." (insert grumpy cat picture)

The claims adjuster just paused.

I don't know why my insurance company cares. I was the only one in the car. I was rear ended today while stopping for a fire truck driving through an intersection. The dumb ass millennial behind me didn't think he was supposed to stop for a firetruck and still traffic. MORON!!!

Of course... being 22/23 he has no insurance and I had to bust my mobile phone out to get him to stop for his information and insurance info. The responding popo was not amused.

Now I have to figure out how to get to a chiropractor with no medical insurance with a whaked neck.
Sue the stupid little mother fucker. Also file a complaint with your state police. That can get his license taken away. I don't know what to tell you about a chiropractor. Are there any medical schools close to your area???
satansbitch
Sue the stupid little mother fucker. Also file a complaint with your state police. That can get his license taken away. I don't know what to tell you about a chiropractor. Are there any medical schools close to your area???

I'm all for suing. I felt the whiplash and now a problem disc in my neck that was thrown out in a crash eleven years ago is acting up. Having a disc slip like that is some pain...

Also, I don't understand these kids and "busy parents" that think driving without insurance is cool. I'm reading a few forums about the same type of accidents and so many teens, duhds, and buzzy mawms, are all giving each other the pass because insurance is SO EXPENSIVE!!!

No, no it is not. I pay $22 a month for basic coverage. Enjoy my insurance company's attorney, fool.
Is it not a legal thing in the USA?

In the UK it's illegal to drive without insurance. Insureance is also insanely expensive because it's a leagal requirement, so many people try to drive without it (especially those from other countries who come to work). The police are cracking down on non-insured drivers and prosecuting them.

The minimum requirement is third party, and most people go for third party, fire and theft.
chahu
Is it not a legal thing in the USA?

In the UK it's illegal to drive without insurance. Insureance is also insanely expensive because it's a leagal requirement, so many people try to drive without it (especially those from other countries who come to work). The police are cracking down on non-insured drivers and prosecuting them.

The minimum requirement is third party, and most people go for third party, fire and theft.

It is totally illegal to drive without insurance in the US. The minimum insurance is not expensive but you have to look for it. I found a broker 800 miles away in Los Angeles to get my coverage.

I just found out this bastard is losing his license for a minimum of six months plus a $1200 fine. The firetruck called the accident in just before I did. I didn't realize they stopped long enough to see I was okay then sped off on the emergency call. The police officer said he's 100% at fault for tailgating... another pet peeve of mine.
Re: Car Accident Insurance Question: Do You Have Child Safety Seats?
May 14, 2013
Car insurance is actually up to each state, and there is no national US standard. A very few states still permit drivers to drive without it (Wisconsin was one until fairly recently). Mine allows driving without it only if the car owner instead pays a $500 "uninsured motorist" fee each year instead. This does not buy insurance in any form, but simply allows the car to be legally registered and driven. Of course, as a person you would be a fool to do this, as you're automatically assuming all liability personally ("self-insurance", but some businesses legitimately do this as well). Only if someone is an extreme assigned risk and virtually insurable is that anything like an option, in my opinion.

In turn, car insurance companies in my state must include coverage for being hit by an uninsured driver with the basic insurance package.
kman
Car insurance is actually up to each state, and there is no national US standard. A very few states still permit drivers to drive without it (Wisconsin was one until fairly recently). Mine allows driving without it only if the car owner instead pays a $500 "uninsured motorist" fee each year instead. This does not buy insurance in any form, but simply allows the car to be legally registered and driven. Of course, as a person you would be a fool to do this, as you're automatically assuming all liability personally ("self-insurance", but some businesses legitimately do this as well). Only if someone is an extreme assigned risk and virtually insurable is that anything like an option, in my opinion.

In turn, car insurance companies in my state must include coverage for being hit by an uninsured driver with the basic insurance package.

For 500 George they might as well buy insurance.

jbs
My vehicle: Shoulder belts? Nada. Airbags? Nyet. Crumple zones? Non. Anti-lock brakes? Nein. Provisions for car seats? Legal circa date of production, not now.

I have liability on it, and short of the unibody being bent, a fire or total destruction I will continue driving it. Because of my age I get slightly bingoed about why I am driving a window van (I like the view, driving position and how vans can double as emergency housing), but don't want kids and have a very old one at that, they say I'll buy something with airbags and built-in child seats "when I change my mind" (never happening)
Diva, my car insurance paid for my chiro when I was hit by an uninsured who then took off. Po-po was not amused there either. I chased the guy to get his plate # and the popo snagged him.

You may want to look into that. They paid for chiro and massage until I was declared healed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
I'm sorry about your accident- I know how frustrating that situation is sad smiley

Are you in California? The insurance state law dictates that claims reps have to ask, no matter what. It's super stupid (former claims rep...ech). Even if the person was 90, we'd have to ask. "Maybe for the grandkids...?" So dumb, but since California has strict guidelines on compromised chyyyyyld seating.
Do you have child safety seats?
No. I have a dog crate and two cat crates.
Where do children ride safely inside your car?
The crates. :goggle
They are safer outside the car.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login