Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work Rantangry smiley:cen

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Work Rantangry smiley:cen
June 28, 2013
Warning: Really long rant about work!ranting I may have went overboard with the crazy here, but I'm super pissed, and needed to vent really bad. Sorry about the length! Also, not sure if this is the right spot for this, so sorry if I posted in the wrong place.

Every time someone decides to quit at my work, I get put on mandatory 10-12 hour shifts, with no fucking notice what so ever! This bullshit will probably continue until they find the 2 replacement servers for 2nd shift. I told my boss multiple times that I no longer wanted to work from 9 in the fucking morning until anywhere from 7 to 10 at night. Yes.... the end of my shift might be 7pm, but if we get busy I get to stay until we slow down, so if my schedule says that I am only working for 10 hours, I will probably work anywhere from 10 to 13 hours, and will be lucky if I am able to even get a 30 minute lunch break during the entire shift.

There are some days that I work 12 hours, and I am too busy to even pee. I'm not exaggerating at all. I have worked so many 12 hours shifts, and had to hold my fucking bladder for the full 12 hours, that I am surprised I haven't battled multiple fucking infections because of this shit. What really pisses me off though, is that, no body even goddamn asks me if I can work these fucking hours! They just put me down, because, you know I am the only chick on 1st shift who is under 30, and REFUSES to shit out a fucking brat loaf!

I really want to volunteer at my local Humane Society, but guess what? I fucking can't! I never know when I will be available! I even asked my boss a month ago if they could work around the possible 2 days (at max) that I could even volunteer, and he pretty much told me no! I wanted to be able to do this after I got off work, rather than on my days off, because it would be easier for me. He told me that I basically had no choice but to do it on my days off, and implied that I would lose my full-time spot if I tried to re-arrange my availability (said in a really roundabout, hinting manner).

Really, the reason I'm so goddamn pissed right now, is that I really needed to get to the bank at the beginning of next week. I won't be able to do that until next Friday, and that's only if the fucks don't put me down to work. They have me working 7 days straight, and the last 3 of them are 10 (more like ?) hour shifts. He was going to work me 8 days straight, and more than likely four 10 (?mark again) hour shifts in a row, with the last one beginning on the morning of 4th of July. For me, shifts like this are way to brutal on my body, and mental state. Serving for that many hours straight really fucks with my head, and I always come home depressed as fuck, and exhausted. I'm extremely introverted, and I just can't mentally handle dealing with people for that many hours in a row, with little to no "quiet break time" without wanting to shank someone with a rusty Hep C infected fork! Shit, even the old bitty's that I work with said that many hours on the floor at our Den of Hell is too many, and would cause any one of them to go crazy too.

Even when they aren't working my fucked up split shifts, I still can't get a break and get a set, decent schedule with normal hours. I never work at the same time. If I work at 8 one day, I will be in at 7, 9, 10, or 11 any day after, for the rest of the week. It fucks with my sleep schedule, and I don't know what time I'm supposed to be there on most days, and that's with a written, memorized schedule!

I've been here for almost 8 years, and I'm sick and tired of getting shit on all of the fucking time! I can't quit right now though, because I will never be able to find a 1st shift job anywhere, and the BF isn't making enough to sustain both of us until I could find something else decent. I feel like I am in a revolving door of hell....

Everyday that I go to work, I envision myself taking off my apron, dropping it on the floor, and telling management to go fuck themselves, right in the middle of my shift. Dear god, I hate waiting tables at my place of unenjoyment, and I swear as soon as I can quit this shit hole of an excuse for a restaurant, I will NEVER do this job again!angry flipping off

Sorry for the craziness, I'm just super pissed off, and ready to murder people. I needed to vent!
Re: Work Rantangry smiley:cen
June 28, 2013
Go to that article about CF women wanting work and life balance, sign up to comment, and tell the breeder commenters how much you hate them. There are several places on the internet where you could do the same thing. Not that I advocate trolling or anything.

The only piece of serious advice I can give you is to look for another job and make an anonymous complaint to your state's labor board. That shit is illegal. I hope things get better for you. friendly hugfriendly hug friendly hug
June 29, 2013
That sounds physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting and I hope you are in a much better spot very soon. Rant away: it is needed at times and you have damn good reason for it now. Take care (especially when travelling home when so tired).
Anonymous User
June 29, 2013
I don't know how you can cope with standing up for that long every day, it makes my back hurt just thinking about. Whilst I also work 7 days a week, at least I'm sitting down.
June 29, 2013
I know exactly how you feel. I'm extremely introverted, too, and work sucks the life out of me.

Save your pay stubs showing the inhumane amount of hours you're expected to work and call your unemployment office. Sometimes unemployment will grant you benefits if the work environment you're quitting is that hostile. Or, talk to a pro bono lawyer and see what he/she has to recommend.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2013
Thanks for everyone's support. I've already told BF that as soon as we can afford it, I think I'm quitting whether I've found another job beforehand or not. I told him when I woke up earlier that if I come home and say I quit, well...oops on me. Believe me I totally understand the meaning of the phrase "gone postal".

Another girl and I have even tried to contact upper management (the one that runs several of our stores) about some of the shit that goes on at ours. Nothing ever gets done, and if people find out that you are the one who talked, hours get cut, and hell is caught for it.

The idea about a lawyer is pretty good, I'd just have to figure out where to find a pro bono around here. Unfortunately, I live in a town of about 15,000 in a rural sort of area, and pretty much everything is limited here. I don't really know how lawyers work as far as location, and shit like that goes though.

I just wish I could commit felony arson and get away with it. That bitch would be up in flames in an hour!devil with smile

Either way, thanks for listening everyone. It felt good to get all that out.friendly hug
June 29, 2013
If you can't afford a lawyer, perhaps you should inquire with your state's department of labor and see whether that's legal or not. I really don't think it is.

I am also a server, and we had a similar issue at work. Nobody except my boss has kids, so this was a little bit different. One of my coworkers would go to Mexico every year around December/January for two weeks. It was agreed that we would cover his shifts for that time, and I wound up working 10-12 hour days every year for that time period. I was fine with that, as I could have used the extra money.

The coworker decided that only one trip a year to Mexico wasn't good enough, and starting last year, he is now making TWO trips a year. I got stuck covering him last July for two weeks, and missed out on nice beach weather and basically fucked up my whole summer. That was the last straw, and I made up a fake part-time job (tutoring), and I always seem to have a client when someone asks me to cover for them. So I put a stop to that shit right away.

I recommend either pretending to sign up for some classes, or making up another job if you have no legal recourse.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2013
I've seriously racked my brain about trying to come up with "fake" things to do on my days off and after work, but knowing my luck someone would easily find out that I was lying and I'd catch hell for it. This is another negative of living in a small ass town. Everybody knows everybody else's business.

Maybe I should just lie and say I'm in school again. Tell them I still need my full-time, but can't work jacked up split shifts and shit. The thing that sucks, is that I am terrible at lying, even about stupid crap like that. I end up carrying unnecessary guilt all over the place, and worrying myself to damn near death. It's completely irrational to feel that way, but my emotions are a bunch of assholes, lol.
Anonymous User
June 29, 2013
It's nobody's business why you need a set or more reasonable schedule, or the odd day off. I'm not sure it's even legal for them to ask why you won't be in, should you have occasion to call in.

Also, if it's your scheduled day off, do not answer the phone. They'll try to guilt trip you for not being available, but stand firm, and tell them you're not under any obligation to even LOOK at a phone when it rings on your day off, and you will not justify what you do with your free time.

Lol, there were a few occasions toward the end of my previous job during which my supervisor called me on my day off to cover some lazy breeder bitch, and I didn't answer. She then called my roommate. Then she called me, again. That was the first time she had to suffer the consequences of not firing a shitty employee that I was expected to cover for, all the time. Even her supervisor expected me to drop everything on a weekly/bi-weekly basis (not an exagerration) when this gray-toothed bitch didn't feel like working.

Anyway, the guilt trips didn't work, as I had only missed a half-day in 20 months at that shit hole.
June 30, 2013
simplyshortz
I've seriously racked my brain about trying to come up with "fake" things to do on my days off and after work, but knowing my luck someone would easily find out that I was lying and I'd catch hell for it. This is another negative of living in a small ass town. Everybody knows everybody else's business.

Maybe I should just lie and say I'm in school again. Tell them I still need my full-time, but can't work jacked up split shifts and shit. The thing that sucks, is that I am terrible at lying, even about stupid crap like that. I end up carrying unnecessary guilt all over the place, and worrying myself to damn near death. It's completely irrational to feel that way, but my emotions are a bunch of assholes, lol.

You have got the right idea about lying to get a better schedule. No one will be able to prove you aren't in school if you are vague enough about your schedule and classes and I doubt they will call you out on it. I wouldn't feel guilty about it in the least because they don't seem to feel any guilt over fucking you over and you have got to stand up for yourself in a way that won't get you fired.The way I see it they haven't left you a choice. Besides, you could always sign up for some online classes in something or perhaps take maybe 5 hours a semester and that way you wouldn't be lying.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
Anonymous User
June 30, 2013
Fade, they know I won't come in on my day off, lol. That's just about the one time I can't get fully fucked over. People will bitch and moan at me when I don't answer my phone, but I tell them ,"I come in early, I stay late, I work fucked up hours, so last thing I wanna do is RUIN my two days off, by being here for one of them!" Thank jeebus for caller ID.

Kim, I was thinking net classes also. I was doing all my classes over the net through my local CC college 2 years ago, and I cut down a day. I've seriously though about lying about it just to get some normalcy in my schedule. It just drives me fucking batshit because I never know my hours until, literally sunday morning. Good luck making any appointments, or planning to do anything by that Monday. It's impossible, and retarded.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login