Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

asshole vandal brats

Posted by thom_c 
asshole vandal brats
June 30, 2013
http://www.cairns.com.au/article/2013/06/28/244495_local-news.html

Lego building expert says he's sad for the children after helicopter destroyed at Cairns Central

UPDATE: AN extraordinary body of Lego which took six weeks to build has been trashed in an act of vandalism at Cairns Central but the builder says it won't stop him from returning.

The callous act saw a carefully constructed $25,000 Lego brick helicopter smashed into pieces at Cairns Central on Thursday night.

It took Melbourne-based Lego certified professional Ryan "The Brickman'' McNaught six weeks to create the 100,000 piece "Elvis the Helicopter'' which was on display atop a table near Centre Court in the complex.

Police said an elderly male tourist saw the incident unfold around 9.40pm on Thursday night and it is believed a group of juveniles approached the display, pushed it over causing it to smash and then fled.

A Cairns police spokesperson said the witness contacted police after the incident and they were looking at CCTV footage of the incident yesterday to attempt to identify the youths.

Despite the setback, Mr McNaught continued taking workshops with kids at the shopping centre yesterday and will be there until Saturday as he continues his attempt to build the world's largest Lego Daintree Rainforest.

Mr McNaught said his work had never been damaged before but it wouldn't deter him from coming back to Cairns.

"I was disappointed that my six weeks' worth of work was not going to be able to be appreciated by the community but more so I was upset for the kids,'' he said.

"The people of Cairns are lovely and the children have enjoyed the workshop. I hope to come back again soon and showcase another great Lego display.''

Mr McNaught's wife Melinda took to Twitter on Thursday night to vent about the incident, posting a snapshot of the damage.

"Ryan McNaught, Aussie #LEGO Certified Professional at Cairns Central this week - vandalism tonight,'' she wrote.

Photos of work and rest at link:

actual hlicopter in action

Elvis Wiki

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley

The thread on here about the kid pissing into the sink, that happened at an Art Gallery. It made me think of some plans some friends and I had to open a gallery, I was shopping for the RE and would do the biz end, they do the Art.

The stumbling block for all of us is - what about kids?

We don't want them in and don't know how to keep them out.

There are many good deals to be had right now too; Affordable commercial RE as well as municipal biz incentives, such as waving property taxes for x amount of years, and even free money in the form of grants.

However, if delicate and expensive artwork might be ruined ~

THIS is the hangup. Sure there's insurance, but - that's expensive too, might not cover certain things, and what about all the hard work that goes into various creations?

KIDS. This is what's hanging us up. I think it could be a money maker too, and so do various locales trying to attract such businesses with generous incentives ~

We just can't figure out HOW to keep the kids OUT!

Gah.

This incident precisely illustrates these fears.

ASSHOLES! angry smiley

I hope they catch them! And prosecute them! If I were the Judge in the case I would sentence them to community service for exactly the amount of time it took to make this creation. If not more, because they wasted others' time and money too. And it would be HARD LABOR. Like scrubbing the toilets in a drunk tank or homeless shelter.

angry smiley angry smiley angry smiley
Re: asshole vandal brats
June 30, 2013
If the morons who call themselves parents today would instill a bit of values into these hellspawn idiots they bring into the world, less of this kind of thing would happen. But, alas, responsible people have to always be concerned about vandalism by destructive little pigs who just don't care about anybody or anything but their own selfish entertainment. The world is their playground and the people are their pawns and if you dare threaten them that's when the pigshit parunts come out of their holes and suddenly want to be there to "protect" their mistakes. When these little bastards grow up to become the irresponsible adults they're sure to be, the world will become even worse than it is today, if that's possible.

jbs
June 30, 2013
It breaks my heart to see that kind of hard work destroyed. The brats who did it need to be dragged into the town square, have their pants dropped, and get their bare asses beaten.
Anonymous User
July 01, 2013
This makes me so angry I hope they catch the little shits who did it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login