Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Don't you dare say these ten things to pregnant women.

Posted by Anonymous User 
http://shine.yahoo.com/parenting/10-things-pregnant-women-just-dont-want-hear-175600778.html

You'll get the look of doom and be a pariah if you do!

End sarcasm.
Re: Don't you dare say these ten things to pregnant women.
July 17, 2013
Ha ha ha! I commented on this article yesterday.

You know what occurred to me? People are assholes in all walks and facets of daily life. Just because you get inpig doesn't automatically mean that you get to be sheltered from assholes. You have to deal with it just like the rest of us. People can be assholes about your religion, race, place you live, place you are from, clothes, hairstyle, manner of speaking, and yes, pregnancy.

Deal with it. I have to deal with shit, so should the latest moo-to-be. Inpig doesn't shelter you from the world you live in.
July 17, 2013
"Listen: Some babies are surprises, some babies are hard-won, and unless you're the father or the physician, you probably don't get to know the whys or the hows."
Oh, we can guess the why.. Is either nonexistent or selfish. Second... We can't question their reproductive measure but they can ours? Hehehehe... REALLY. :satan

"the only thing she could really learn from a comment like this is how judgmental people can be."
Oh noes! Don't be judgemental towards a preggo! You save that for the Childfree and happy! smile rolling left righteyes2

"So while your postpartum friends want to commiserate about stretch marks and varicose veins and the fawn-soft paunch your kids like to squeeze to relieve stress, your pregnant friend wants to hear this and only this: "What a cute belly!" (After she is unmistakably showing, of course.)"
"Don't wake me.. Don't wake me.. band playing music

"Also unwelcome are any anecdotes, no matter how dramatic and amusing, about rare first-trimester diseases, notable mutations.."
"Don't wake me UUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuUuuuuuUuuuuup!" openmouthed shock

"This is likely one of the most exciting announcements of a person's life. Evince at least as much enthusiasm as you would if someone brought cupcakes to work."
... Fat, bloated, vomitous, cupcakes? With bad timing (this woman announced it the middle of a conversation about a presentation, its no wonder that she was passed over in the conversation. She's lucky she didn't get told what everyone was ACTUALLY thinking: "so we can expect you to be a useless sack of flesh in the near future!" "So how long will you be on maternity leave, I need to know so I can put my life on hold and shoulder your job and mine while you grunt out your piglet." "So how many employee benefits will you be sucking up THIS time?" I'm sure she would have been less than pleased to hear THAT. Maybe she shouldn't ask for words. Especially nowadays when people are acutely aware of their benes and pro-natalism is weakening at its hinges. mob with pitchforks chasing anothermob
July 17, 2013
Queen Piggo
This is likely one of the most exciting announcements of a person's life. Evince at least as much enthusiasm as you would if someone brought cupcakes to work.

Fuck off. You'll get a monotone "congratulations" delivered with a completely neutral facial expression and fucking LIKE IT.

And even that's only because I can't exactly get away with saying, "So fucking what?"

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

July 22, 2013
Snark Shark
1) Do you know you're waddling?

2) HOW BIG ARE YOU???

3) Are those your TITS, or are you smuggling Cruise Missles?

4) So, do you know yet if your kyd will be a TARD?

5) Do you need two chairs, one for each ass cheek?

6) I DO hope the babby won't have HIS ears. Or YOUR nose.

7) You know what a good name for a babby is? EL FATTY BLOBBO!

8) No, really, considering who you married, you REALLY should get the kyd checked for retardation.

9) You know we already HAVE enough people on the planet, right?

10) That's too bad. You USED to be interesting.

11. so, which one is the father? the convict or the guy living in his mom's basement?

12. how did the Jerry Springer taping go?

13. i guess this means no ho-ing until after the baby is born and the cooter shrinks into some semblence of normal size?

14. Holy crap! I know it's an ultrasound, but you're giving birth to a chupacabra!
15.) Aren't you a little old to be having a kid?

16.) Are you going to get a bigger welfare check, now?

17.) What sized black underwear did you want baked into that Kalamata olive-casserole?

18.) You do know that this place doesn't actually have pregnancy parking, and that space is for the handicapped, right?

19.) Why are you dancing at a club? Isn't your water about to break?

20.) Could you not sit there? I don't want your water breaking on the seat of a public bus. Health hazard, and all.

21.) Couldn't find a good abortion clinic, huh?

22.) Did you know that 90% of all childbirths are accompanied by an accidental dookie?

23.) Stumped by the condom again, eh? They're tricky bastards, aren't they?

24.) Oh, you're pregnant? That's nice. ...Hey, is there any cake left over from Janet's birthday party?
July 22, 2013
Like anyone cares what they want, and yes, it is just the hormones!
July 23, 2013
Are you giving birth to quintuplets, because it certainly looks like you've been eating for six.

So...did the babydaddy bolt the minute the stick turned pink?

I didn't know shoe sizes went up that high!

You must be so proud that the condom broke.

Look, sorry for staring, but I've never seen a man with side-boob before. (referring to baby-daddy)

Do you want to see my photo collection of cheeseburger crotch? grinning smiley
July 23, 2013
mumofsixbirds

Do you want to see my photo collection of cheeseburger crotch? grinning smiley

OHHH BLEAAAHHGH NASTY!!! What in hell is THAT??
Please don't tell me it's some putrefied variant of the blue waffle. two faces puking
July 23, 2013
IIRC "cheeseburger crotch" has something to do with bulging veins on swollen genitals caused by pregnancy. Truth be told I think "Grapes of Wrath crotch" might be a more accurate description of what I saw that one time I felt brave enough to look for pictures ::brbl
July 23, 2013
This is stupid and is just seeking attention. A colleague of mine was pregnant and she didn't make a fuss about it. Usually other people bothered her with questions about the sex and how she was feeling. I didn't even notice she was pregnant till someone said it to me and I noticed her growing belly. Nevertheless I treated her like a normal person and tried not to show my uncomfortable side.
I don't think anyone other than people close to the pregnant woman should be giving it full attention and care. It's really not a big deal. It concerns mostly (if not only) the parents.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
July 23, 2013
Don't worry piggos - I don't want to say jack shit to you and prefer to avoid you completely!
July 24, 2013
No worries, generally I try to avoid acknowledging their disgusting condition at all if I can help it, why give them more attention? Rake those fake nails over your bloated gut all you want, you'll find no curiosity or sympathy here.
July 24, 2013
I used to work in a clothing store and a preggo walked in. My manager actually said to her, "Are you pregnant, or just fat?" She proceeded to rub the preggo's belly which made the woman extremely uncomfortable. I just walked away shaking my head. I couldn't believe it.

I would sooner not acknowledge preggos at all than bother insulting them.
July 26, 2013
Don't make me laugh. I'll say whatever the heck I want. I am generally nice and polite to people I like and who are nice and polite to me, and therefore don't need a social primer on how to talk to the pregnant. I generally ignore people that I don't like or who are unpleasant, and if they are unpleasant in m face, I'll feel free to say whatever I want, whether they're preggo or not.
July 27, 2013
1. You don't need special parking.

2. Why should I be inconvenienced by your parasite???

3. Since you enjoyed getting fucked you don't get to complain about the end results.

4. I just don't give a good god damn how special you think you are.

5. Stand up or wait for the next bus just like everyone else.

6. I didn't choose to host a parasite. You did. I don't have to bend over backwards for you.

7. I'm keeping my kalamata olives to myself. They're too expensive to share. Feel free to buy your own.

8. You don't need welfare. Get a job and take care of your own sperm infection.

9. A fetus truly is a parasite in the purest form. Take a basic science class.

10. Unless said parasite can breathe on its own it is a parasite and if it chooses to take up residence in my body it will be sucked out very quickly. Unless it can stand up and talk it gets no say in what happens to it.
July 27, 2013
why do these cows think I would say any of these things to them? Personally, I find pregnant women extremely repulsive...creepy, gross, whatever. I avoid any interaction with them. the most they would get from me is a short 'great' or 'congrats'...I certainly will not waste my time being in proximity to them any longer by saying things on that list. they certainly think too highly of themselves.
July 27, 2013
A couple years ago one of my coworkers told me she was pregnant and I tilted my head and went "Oh." She then said to me "Aren't you gonna say congratulations?".

Well, I don't congratulate that kind of stuff, so I said "Well if you're happy then that's great." while trying not to sound severely pissed that she expected to be congratulated.
July 27, 2013
satansbitch

3. Since you enjoyed getting fucked you don't get to complain about the end results.

6. I didn't choose to host a parasite. You did. I don't have to bend over backwards for you.

7. I'm keeping my kalamata olives to myself. They're too expensive to share. Feel free to buy your own.

10. Unless said parasite can breathe on its own it is a parasite and if it chooses to take up residence in my body it will be sucked out very quickly. Unless it can stand up and talk it gets no say in what happens to it.

Do tell the kalamata olive thing...
July 27, 2013
zatoth
satansbitch

Do tell the kalamata olive thing...

If you look in epic threads there is a tory about a moo who wanted her friends and family to but her black cotton panties and Greek salads with kalamata olives. For some reason that comes to mind when I hear about pignasty.

I'm also eating a jar of them right now and they're pretty good.
July 27, 2013
satansbitch
If you look in epic threads there is a tory about a moo who wanted her friends and family to but her black cotton panties and Greek salads with kalamata olives. For some reason that comes to mind when I hear about pignasty.

I'm also eating a jar of them right now and they're pretty good.

Satansbitch,
You are denying some lazy, entitled preg-moo of those scrumptious olives.
Yay for you !!
July 28, 2013
Snark Shark
lurker-derp
A couple years ago one of my coworkers told me she was pregnant and I tilted my head and went "Oh." She then said to me "Aren't you gonna say congratulations?".

IS IT A REQUIREMENT NOW???? fucking moos!

My co-workers have been pretty cool about pestering others with this sort if stuff. And yes, we do get more excited over cupcakes where I work. Especially from a nearby bakery.
strange aeons
Queen Piggo
This is likely one of the most exciting announcements of a person's life. Evince at least as much enthusiasm as you would if someone brought cupcakes to work.

Fuck off. You'll get a monotone "congratulations" delivered with a completely neutral facial expression and fucking LIKE IT.

And even that's only because I can't exactly get away with saying, "So fucking what?"

I'd just mutter a deadpan "okay".

And unless those cupcakes are chocolate, chances are I won't want them. Most frosting on cupcakes doesn't taste too good.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login