Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Was This Dear Abby From Somebody Here?

Posted by johnnybsterile 
Was This Dear Abby From Somebody Here?
July 30, 2013
This sounds like it came from somebody here. If I'm not mistaken, somebody who frequents here works at an establishment like this (Can't remember who though).

DEAR ABBY: I work in the print center of an office supply store. Often when parents of small children come in to get copies made, they'll sit their babies/toddlers on the counter while we discuss their needs. Sometimes these children have dirty diapers.

While I am not a parent, I do understand that small children have a tendency to run off or otherwise misbehave if they are left standing. But sitting children on the counter strikes me as unsanitary and unsafe.

Would it be appropriate to ask these parents to remove their children from the counter? Because my workplace is geared toward satisfying the customer, I worry about offending a customer and displeasing management. I haven't said anything so far, but this is really getting to me. -- DISGUSTED IN OHIO

DEAR DISGUSTED: After reading your letter, I confess that my first impulse was to gag. The idea of a child in a soiled diaper sitting on a counter in a place of business is, indeed, disgusting. You would be doing your employer a favor to suggest that if a child should fall off the counter, there could be liability involved.

Tell the customer that for the child's safety to please remove him/her from the counter. And if the child has a dirty diaper, make sure you have a large supply of sanitary wipes on hand so staff and customers will be protected from the bacteria.

I'd hand moopig the sanitary wipe and tell HER to clean it the fuck up! jbs

Breeder bitches even make Dear Abby gag!
IMHO-this person also should consider what the OTHER customers think about a babby's stinky ass on a counter they will probably be using. Breeders aren't the only customers. If I was at a business and saw a breeder with a kyd on a counter, I'd be offended about that too, and I'd mention it to management.

jbs
Anonymous User
Re: Was This Dear Abby From Somebody Here?
July 30, 2013
I wish I'd written that letter to Dear Abby. I did post on this forum years ago about a white trash family who put their baby on top of a counter near the Xerox machine (I worked at a public library at the time), and were proceeding to change said baby's extremely dirty diaper.

Before I almost passed out from the fumes, I politely informed the dumbasses that there were restrooms (both men and women's) that had baby changing tables.

I still don't know why those morons came to the library (especially the second floor - reference/genealogy sections) - it's not as if they were going to check out any books.

One can only hope that all those yahoos reading "Dear Abby" will learn something, but I doubt it.

Annie
July 31, 2013
Michaela?
July 31, 2013
shylurker- I also thought it was Michaela.

I haven't seen her around here in awhile. I hope she's doing ok.

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login