Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bird of Prey decoys for loaves

Posted by Anonymous User 
Anonymous User
Bird of Prey decoys for loaves
August 02, 2013
Aparantely loaves are scared of mobiles. Or so it says here. I know it's facestalk and shouldn't be believed but it would still be fun to string a load of falcon and owl decoys over some loaf's cot or pushchair when moo is too busy trying to get past level 47 of Candy Crush on her iPhone.
Re: Bird of Prey decoys for loaves
August 02, 2013
I was expecting a loaf staring at a Klingon Bird of Prey decloaking or some such thing. Or a loaf being cloaked... As long as they can also cloak the stench.
August 03, 2013
mistress rotwang
I was expecting a loaf staring at a Klingon Bird of Prey decloaking or some such thing. Or a loaf being cloaked... As long as they can also cloak the stench.

waving hellolarious Those were my initial thoughts as well.

These people are so stupid as it's pretty obvious the loaf likes the shiny objects and movement and as long as they are mesmerized by something, they're less likely to wail.

------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
If YOU are the "exception" to what I am saying, then why does my commentary bother you so much?
I don't hate your kids, I HATE YOU!
August 03, 2013
Owl decoys! OMG - this brings back fond child hood memories! smiling smiley

I grew up in an exurban area, not really rural, but there were some small farms, and people with large gardens. These are meant to scare away pests, like a scarecrow.

I even had one, as a toy! Mine was a blow up (inflatable) one and I had it hanging from fishing line, from the ceiling, in my room.

Yeah, I was kind of a weird kid grinning smiley
August 03, 2013
I also thought it was going to be a Klingon ship!

~~~~~~~~~~~
I miss my little feather baby.
August 03, 2013
I thought people were selling decoys to distract birds of prey away from babies in strollers. I was wondering if we were having a new "problem" of hawks or eagles swooping down and having babby for dinner.
Anonymous User
August 04, 2013
Unfortunately I'm not a big follower of Star Trek, so I'm a bit lost with the Klingon references. Zzelda, your decoy sounds like the one we had at our old place to scare the seagulls, a big shiny beach ball type inflatable with scary owl eyes on it.

KookieCrisp - I seem to remember there was a video floating around last year that some film students made of a babby being picked up by a bird of prey. Naturally the breeders got their knickers in a knot over it before the two lads revealed it was a fake. Shame.
August 04, 2013
August 04, 2013
that is utter bullshit. I loved my mobile enough that years later, i saw one similar and knew which animals were different colored than the ones i had. i also always have loved "hated" predators, such as snakes, sharks, hawks, wolves and bats. you could have put a mobile over me as a kid with a hammerhead, a barn owl, a falcon and raven and a vampire bat and i would have loved the thing.
Anonymous User
August 05, 2013
Snark Shark
zatoth
i also always have loved "hated" predators, such as snakes, sharks, hawks, wolves and bats.

Me too! You used to be able to dive the shark tank in the local aquarium in return for cleaning the glass above the tunnel where the visitors would walk underneath. I think they stopped it because we used to take our masks off, roll our eyes up and just float there whenever we saw any irritating kids walk past and fool them into thinking we'd drowned in the tank. waving hellolarious
August 11, 2013
terrierist activity
Snark Shark
zatoth
i also always have loved "hated" predators, such as snakes, sharks, hawks, wolves and bats.

Me too! You used to be able to dive the shark tank in the local aquarium in return for cleaning the glass above the tunnel where the visitors would walk underneath. I think they stopped it because we used to take our masks off, roll our eyes up and just float there whenever we saw any irritating kids walk past and fool them into thinking we'd drowned in the tank. waving hellolarious

hysterical laughterz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login