Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Duddick" claims Time's childfree cover proves US a narcissistic country:rolleyes2

Posted by aliceblue 
Dud-dick has his drawers in a wad over the Time cover. http://www.codyenterprise.com/news/opinion/article_e0cff89e-039d-11e3-a5fe-001a4bcf887a.html?_dc=676422746153.5483&_dc=53326002554.968
He claims this proves that America is a narcissistic country and then trots out all the "pre-recorded" comments about "most rewarding," loaves are "blessings," and "all the childfree had parents who chose to have children." (This last one is so illogical it makes me want to grad defectodick and screams WTF does that have to do with anything??!!!!
Annndddd yet one more douche canoe who is "inspired" by the Time cover to tell everyone that the CF are selfish and will regret their choices when they are old. Someone stuff and crotchdropping down
http://www.lifenews.com/2013/08/09/time-magazine-asks-who-needs-kids-anyway-extols-the-child-free-life/ her throat and shut her up.
Life News is a pro-life (read: anti-abortion or anti-choice) site. It's not surprising they'd be against childfreedom.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
The U.S. is a narcissistic country...the problem is, breeders aren't owing up to the narcissism!

Why live in a fishbowl, when you could be swimming in the ocean?

"She, and all other rabid breeders, are like crabs in a bucket headed to Red Lobster. When they see a smarter crab escaping, they try to pull it back in." - Miss Hannigan

"Yeah, that's what family is about - guilt tripping people into cleaning up someone else's mess." - mrs. chinaski

(Shameless blog promotion: http://popcornculturejunkie.wordpress.com/)

(Cornucopia of visual rantage: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD78oSD27mzAlVzsB0q2ibA)
Logic has never been a part of breeder theocratic dreams.
what is this person smoking?
Perhaps they don’t like children, nor have the patience for them. Maybe they view children as an inconvenience, or they just don’t want that responsibility.

He says those reasons AREN'T good reasons not to have children! saying 'wtf'

sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
indecision may or may not be my problem
Why is it so important to breeders that complete strangers have kyds? What's their fucking problem? I swear, some of them would force us if they could!

--------------

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it."
George Bernard Shaw

"An oyster can play catch if u only give it the oprotunity"
Some random YouTube commenter

"hate comments will be deleted!! fuckers!"
Some random YouTube uploader

lisbeth
what is this person smoking?
Perhaps they don’t like children, nor have the patience for them. Maybe they view children as an inconvenience, or they just don’t want that responsibility.

He says those reasons AREN'T good reasons not to have children! saying 'wtf'
I will flip it around and use it against them, as these are good reason to not have children..

"Perhaps they love children too much, and these have become an idol. Maybe they view children as the entirety of their life, and project that extreme obsession onto other people."

brown-eyed diamond
Life News is a pro-life (read: anti-abortion or anti-choice) site. It's not surprising they'd be against childfreedom.
I wonder if they would support making it easier for people to get sterilized then? It would be an extremely pro-life position and would remove a lot of their worry about people getting abortions.
No conception possible= no abortion
At least the tripe lead to one small treasure:

Why Not Having Kids Is Admirable, Not Selfish

Dang. I'm going to bookmark that link, or copy it.

I don't like articles in the vein that Time magazine published. They are meant to be incendiary and set off the trolls.

The Alternet article is measured and for real. No detailing that the purpose of a CF life is to be hedonistic and loathing of responsibility. Rather:

Contrary to popular media narratives and the critiques of those concerned about the continued supremacy of the white race, women who don't have children are not selfish, emotionally stunted or inadequately grown-up. In fact, they're the opposite: they're women with the self-knowledge and maturity to buck enormous social pressure and choose a life that's right for them.

The writer points out the repressive effects of the narrow definition of "family" and how expanding that definition can be helpful to all people. They go on to say that such a narrow sounding of the word is hypocritical.

The person who wrote the Alternet article speaks for me, as a CF person, not the Time writer (who is a moo, anyway).
popcornculturejunkie
The U.S. is a narcissistic country...the problem is, breeders aren't owing up to the narcissism!

I agree with you there. There's too much "It's all about me" these days.

JD
What an idiot!
I was taught by my parents who did want and plan for kids that having a child was a huge decision. It was not one to be made lightly and it was important to make sure before marrying that your partner was on the same page as you. You should never, ever make a baby you can't pay for, love and raise properly. Also, if you don't want kids, don't feel like you can raise any more kids than you currently have or can't afford a kid or any more kids then you make dang sure you don't have them.
Then again, mine were PNBs and I never get Bingoed. That is one of the reasons we have a great relationship.
Oh look, a breeder who thinks his silly little opinion is fact! He must feel so original!
I got my copy of thie TIME issue a few days ago in the mail - and that picture spread on pages 38-39 speak not a thousand words, but a decillion words.

When parunts have to tote around a ton of shit to keep their fuck trophies busy - in this case, all those goddamned beach toys - in hopes of having "alone" time with each other at the beach, it just isn't going to fucking work.

Meanwhile, the childfree couple toasting each other under that cozy beach umbrella - absolute paradise. (that could be Mr S and me since we live so close to the beach. grinning smiley)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login