Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Jeebus, WHY do people with genetic diseases NEVER CONSIDER not breeding? :wtf

Posted by bell_flower 
Okay so I was looking up muscle disorders and I came across some pages about ALS, aka Lou Gehrig's disease. It's a progressive, muscle-wasting disease that is 100% fatal and kills people anywhere from age 30 on up.

One type of the disease has a genetic component.

So a woman who had the disease, who died in 2005, was named Dee Ch1pl0ck. (characters inserted to defeat search engines.) A story about her can be found here.

Chiplock's mother died at age 35 of ALS. According to various articles, between TWENTY ONE AND TWENTY-FIVE of her family members died of the disease. And yes, Chiplock had two sons. She had the genetic test and found out she had the gene when she was seven month's pregnant with her second son.

There is a somewhat interesting article here, about a distant cousin of hers who decided to get tested after three of her sisters and her father died of the disease.

I don't care if there is a genetic test or not. If you saw members of your family dying of a disease, wouldn't you consider NOT BREEDING? Why do people NEVER consider not loafing?

I. JUST. DON'T. GET. IT.
It is not often that I think of people as DNA bots. Even the expression is a fairly recent one I've contemplated.

BUT....people who breed knowing bloody well that they carry genes for deadly and debilitating diseases make me think of the term. It's like they simply replicate because they have to/can. No thought, no contemplation, no reflection, no insight, no foresight, not even compassion for their spawn. A DNA cell does that. It replicates and then splits into two. Breeders display astounding evidence of non-sentience sometimes.

I'd like to think that someone would look at what ALS does and still breed because of selfishness, evil tendencies, etc. But I think I would be giving those breeders too much credit. There is simply nothing behind the decision to condemn another soul to this crushing disease. Just fucking and breeding. I am beginning to believe that's all there is to it.
I was estranged from a former sister-in-law pretty much over this issue. My ex's family has a history of serious schizophrenia on his mother's side. When I found out about the crazy great-granny in the family attic, my MIL's shenanigans, and my wildly schizophrenic BIL, it gave me yet another reason not to breed. Unfortunately, my ex's older sister - a breeder, naturally - couldn't fathom that not passing on the schizophrenia gene was a good idea. "But that doesn't mean you shouldn't have a baybeeeeeeee!" she shrieked at me. "Yes, it does," I replied. "That's exactly what it does mean."

Needless to say, she wasn't exactly sad when her brother and I broke up.
The idiot parunts of the 10 year old transplant patient who was just released from the hospital would probably throw in your face how much they LOVE their child. Love Love Love.
These assholes don't know what love is. If you love somebody you don't bring them into a life where they will do nothing but suffer, and suffer physically, emotionally and, if she lives to be an adult, possibly financially. This kid will have no quality of life. She will know no peace as long as she is in this world.

If the idiots who bred her KNEW that they were carrying the CF gene but bred her anyway, they don't have any idea what real love is. In fact, bringing a child into the world to face these circumstances is probably the most selfish and hateful things a person can do. Breeders only EVER think of themselves.

jbs
"Yes, it does," I replied. "That's exactly what it does mean.""

Breeders don't understand logic.
In this world, you are considered garbage unless you breed or "give life". smile rolling left righteyes2

I remember I used to live in an apartment complex when these dumb teenagers were bothering this woman who was about 30. I forgot why they were mad at her. The grandmoo of the teens told them that they should not bother this woman because she was a mother and that they should respect mothers. If they don't bow down to this breeder, the Bible says that their days would be shortened. So, to avoid death, they had to worship this mooother. smile rolling left righteyes2

I am not excusing irresponsible breeding. I am just letting you know how deep disrespect of childless and childfree people run in this culture. That is why people breed at all costs. No one wants to be disrespected or thought of as less than because they did not breed.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
One of the reasons I don't breed. Bad genetic.

And "love" is being hyped past beyond any meaning. Love is not only what you feel, it is also how you express it. Paedophiles love their victims. The feeling is the same. Doesn't make it ok.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login