Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"DINKS" series on Vimeo

Posted by spinstar 
"DINKS" series on Vimeo
October 08, 2013
I guess these people are supposed to be "cute" and "quirky." But I just find them some combination of annoying, pathetic and stupid. I appreciate how much work they put into making the show, but I don't know who the target audience is. It almost feels like they were purposely trying to portray the couple as overgrown children who really just don't know what to do with themselves. If I didn't know better I'd think it was created by someone who hates the idea of people not having kids and wants to make a CF couple look almost mentally unstable.

Or maybe I'm just old and don't get this kind of humor.

DINKS-Ep 1-The Accountant from DINKS on Vimeo.

DINKS
Re: "DINKS" series on Vimeo
October 09, 2013
I'd say .. it's insulting to the CF or DINKS. Makes us look like total idiots. We DO have lives... respectable and productive.. without KYDS! You don' t have to have kyds to be an adult... and be a responsible member of society. Perhaps NOT having kids IS being a more responsible member of society.... huh?
October 09, 2013
I think they are fresh out of ideas with TV. One of the few shows I did watch, Happy Endings (not a kid in sight), was cancelled so network TV is pretty much scratched in my house.

I do note that the breeder brigade is not faring well; tripe such as "Up All Night" and "Guys with Kids" were cancelled after one season.

Now if only they will get rid of the played out Two and a half Men...although it makes a great date screen question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Anonymous User
October 09, 2013
I you ask me what "dink" brings to mind, I would say, "Oh, wow! A show about a couple who are both well-educated and who have professional jobs! They got a lot of money, books, and cats. They have fascinating friends. They can be shown doing intellectual things. Oh, this show is a fantasy, because they can be shown visiting a lot of educational exhibits with no bratlings around. They can be shown going to an animal shelter, taking time off from work to visit wilderness areas free from brats. and participating in panels and lectures. Honarary, rare episodes can show them actually encountering breeders and putting them in their place. They can be shown counseling two young people to get a vasectomy before they get married. Date night, book club, writer's workshop, environmental volunteering...and the darling episode that wins all the awards: the one where they get everyone sterilized!"

Isn't that this show?

(I did base the above on me, except we are SINKS. I don't have a job.)
Anonymous User
October 10, 2013
Normal people doing normal productive things isn't good tv (or good webseries). Without the drama and constant unheavel the chyldren bring there's nothing all that exciting and no one wants to watch functional adults be functional.

I'm somewhat the target audience (husband and I are 26 yr old DINKS) and it's just not funny. It's trying to hard and quite frankly I'm sick of all the shit that's insulting to my generation. I and plenty of my friends work, go to school, pay our bills ourselves, don't think it's cute to be in debt, don't depend on our parunts to foot the bill. Gen Y and Millennials are not all (or even mostly) lazy and dumb. We got stuck with a shitty economy and skyrocketing higher education costs. It sucks but most people make the best of it and function like adults.
Anonymous User
October 11, 2013
That was beyond insulting and heavily implied that the childfree are incapable of doing any research regarding tax laws and personal finances. Also, after watching that the couple seems more like the idiotic desperate breeders and the accountant seems like the rational childfree person to me.

But I guess that's how breeders view us - always free of worry with tons of disposable income to spend for keeping the good times rollin. Except, you know, that's our money that we busted our asses after working long hours (sometimes dealing with the irrational general public and an even more irrational insane boss) to earn and ours to spend on whatever shennigans we desire and the thought of that boils their blood because how dare we not throw away our money to fund more iPhones for their special sneauxflakes.

Too bad we can't dub in dialogue to make it more accurate.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login