Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Asshole Dud goes back on adoption deal

Posted by bell_flower 
Asshole Dud goes back on adoption deal
August 15, 2013
Has anyone else been following this story lately?

The short version is this: Girl gets pregnant. She gets Dud to sign away adoption rights, then the child is adopted by another couple in SC. Dud finds out later, has a freak-out. Says he didn't really understand what he signed and that he thought the Moo was going to raise the child. (Does anyone else see the hypocrisy here? He's fine with never seeing the kid again and sticking Moo with the cuntwork, but Gawd forbid the kid be raised by two parents.)

Dud hires a lawyer and sues, claiming the kid is half Cherokee and there are laws preventing her placement into a non-Cherokee home. Dud is successful at the SC state level. The kid, who was with the adoptive parents for 27 months, is taken from that house and given to Dud, who lives in OK.

In June the SCOTUS made the right decision and ruled the Indian Child Welfare Act, which would favor the girl's father, didn't apply in the case, because until this case happened, Dud was uninvolved in anything related to with his Cherokee heritage. (It was basically a cheap lawyer stunt to get the kid.) A South Carolina court awarded the adoptive couple custody on July 31.

Despite this, Dud still won't give up the kid.

I don't care about kids, but I think this Dud is an asshole to yank the kid out of a loving home just because he wants to be Papa Bear. Hey, you signed away your rights when you thought Moo was going to raise the child. And I hate it when people play the race card when it does not apply, just to get what they want.

story here
Re: Asshole Dud goes back on adoption deal
August 15, 2013
A hypocrite to the max. He didn't give one iota about the kid when he thought the birth mother would raise it, but heaven forbid she doesn't want his dickwerks prize, and his ego gets all bent out of shape. That's the only reason he's doing this, his ego is all butthurt that the bio-moo doesn't want his fuck trophy.

Notice that she isn't mentioned in any of this. She didn't want it, and did the right thing by giving it away, rather than try to go on welfare and collect benefits. She tried to do right by the loaf,and the Og gets all bent out of shape.

edited to add: I'm wondering that when this is all set and done, if Og manages to keep his fuck prize, will he sue the bio-moo for child support? She did give it away, but he could try to sue her for $$$$$. I wouldn't put it past him, as revenge for her giving up "his" kid.
August 15, 2013
Do we see a future kidnapping in the works? If I were the adoptive parents I would be scared to death.
Anonymous User
August 15, 2013
I think that actually happened already. Didn't he get arrested?
August 15, 2013
This article has more information.

This kid is basically being used as a pawn by her asshole of a father. Her adoptive parent seem to care about her, but her dad just has an ego problem. Her mother isn't Cherokee, so I guess her opinion doesn't count. smile rolling left righteyes2

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
Anonymous User
August 15, 2013
"Veronica's biological mother is not Native American. Brown had never met his daughter, but when he discovered that Veronica was going to be adopted, he objected and said the ICWA favored the girl living with him and growing up learning tribal traditions."

Couldn't even be bothered to MEET the child, much less teach her tribal traditions, until the bio-mom gave the child a chance at a better life.
August 15, 2013
And this is one more argument for international adoption. At least if they had adopted a child from a 3rd world country, it is not very likely that the parent would change their mind and sue for custody.

And this is one more reason that domestic adoptions should be CLOSED. How terrible for the adoptive parents to be going through this because of this asshole duh.
August 16, 2013
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou
And this is one more argument for international adoption. At least if they had adopted a child from a 3rd world country, it is not very likely that the parent would change their mind and sue for custody.

Exactly. People squawk about "taking care of our own first" but the truth of the matter is a child is a child. We are all human beings whether we are born in West Virginia or Fiji. Domestic adoption is a gigantic headache.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
August 16, 2013
peace-n-quiet
nobodylikesyourkidbutyou

Exactly. People squawk about "taking care of our own first" but the truth of the matter is a child is a child. We are all human beings whether we are born in West Virginia or Fiji. Domestic adoption is a gigantic headache.

I don't like fuckholes who adopt an international kid because it looks all "exotic" and shit and gets them extra questions and attention and assrubbings. But other than that, I don't really care who or from where you adopt, you still get some props for me for doing it for decent reasons (ie, not the ones listed above).

---
"Yes, fellow readers, nothing says 'devoted father of a special needs kid' quite like drinking, snorting cocaine, and then taking the boat out for a spin."
- Tiquer
August 16, 2013
When people go ape shit at folks who opt to adopt internationally, talking about all the poor crack babies in withdrawal right here in our own country who need homes...THIS is a huge reason people do not adopt in this country. The kyd can be yanked at any moment on egg/sperm donors whim; making everyone's life a living hell in the process, especially the kyd.

Totally fucked up. So glad the right decision was made in this case. Duh who caused this should be fined enough to pay for the kid's therapy later on to get her over being jerked out of the only home she's ever known like that.
August 16, 2013
I remember Dr. Phil doing a show on this. It's on Youtube if anyone is interested (search "Baby Veronica")
August 16, 2013
Fantastic duh. Let others do the "dirty" work. Then claim the toilet trained, out of infancy toddler. He didn't want anything to do with her at first, but when he found out others wanted and loved her, OMG butthurt !!! Selfish Og-dickwerks. angry flipping off Where does that little girl have a better chance at a decent life? With the only parents she has known. Not an indian reservation :headbrick
Anonymous User
August 16, 2013
This whole situation is fucking infuriating.

The dude SIGNED HIS RIGHTS AWAY. That is pretty goddamn simple. IF he didn't understand the ramifications, then that's TOO DAMN BAD. So, even though he signed his goddamn rights away, he STILL has say in the choices mom makes? FUCK THAT SHIT.

Also, I feel absolutely horrible for the adoptive parents. They made the best choice (in my opinion) on becoming a parent by adopting one that wasn't wanted. They started to raise her, they bonded with her, they ARE her parents, and the attitude surrounding this case just reinforces that adoptive parent's aren't REALLY parents, which I find outrageously offensive.
August 16, 2013
I think this is an update: Link

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
August 16, 2013
I hope in the end that the adoptive parents can just have her. Period. I remember watching a show on TV a few years back about a very similar situation. This Indian tribe was DEMANDING that a baby that was to be given up for adoption as soon as it was born be turned over to them, because they were dying out and basically needed "new blood." The pregnant mother-to-be, who was from the tribe but who hadn't been raised on the res, decided to keep an open mind and visited the reservation. She saw abject poverty, and told the tribe, "Thanks but no thanks." They then got a court order, demanding that she turn her baby over to them as soon as it was born so that one of their tribal members could adopt the baby. Well, the girl outsmarted them: she took the baby to Canada, and gave it up for adoption to a lovely Canadian couple. Then she returned home. The tribe members were fuming, but had to give up.
Anonymous User
August 16, 2013
gymrat
I hope in the end that the adoptive parents can just have her. Period. I remember watching a show on TV a few years back about a very similar situation. This Indian tribe was DEMANDING that a baby that was to be given up for adoption as soon as it was born be turned over to them, because they were dying out and basically needed "new blood." The pregnant mother-to-be, who was from the tribe but who hadn't been raised on the res, decided to keep an open mind and visited the reservation. She saw abject poverty, and told the tribe, "Thanks but no thanks." They then got a court order, demanding that she turn her baby over to them as soon as it was born so that one of their tribal members could adopt the baby. Well, the girl outsmarted them: she took the baby to Canada, and gave it up for adoption to a lovely Canadian couple. Then she returned home. The tribe members were fuming, but had to give up.

Awesome! grinning smiley
August 16, 2013
I didn't realize he hadn't even met the kid. Pathetic.

And he is married now and his wife is watching the kid, presumably while he's in the military.

I guess as long as he can stick a woman with the cunt work, he's good.
August 17, 2013
I wonder if asshole duhd cares how this might be affecting his daughter? Oh, never mind. Veronica is nothing more than proof that his pencil dick works. If he gets custody of her and I seriously hope he does not, he won’t be teaching his daughter about tribal traditions like he claims. He’ll leave that to other relatives while he goes out and does whatever the fuck he wants.
The adoptive parents deserve to have her since unlike Sir Pencil Dick, they actually care about her well-being.
October 10, 2013
I'm bumping this thread because the Dud in the case decided to give up and drop the custody case.

This link has a video of Duddy crying and telling his daughter he'll always luuuuv her.

Yeah right, he loved her so much he couldn't bother seeing her before he signed away his parental rights.
October 10, 2013
I did read about this story - all I could think of was, so many Americans buy into the status quo of social labels (Moo, Duh, whatever) without really thinking about it. As a rule, our society does not train us to do our own thinking - learning to think completely for oneself is too hard, apparently, for some people, but those who do, have a true, genuine sense of self. They aren't just going to follow society's dictates. I feel sorry for that Cherokee kid - Duh needs to find some other way to occupy his time, preferably, do some soul searching instead of trying to become a Duh. People who ruin a child's life just to meet their own selfish desires of social labels get no respect from me.
October 11, 2013
I've been trying to make several respectful comments pointing out the facts of the case, but not one has made it through.

The father never saw the kid before he signed away his parental rights

The father was okay with the mom raising the kid alone without his financial support until he found out the mother was going to give the kid a better life, then he lawyered up.

The Supreme Court correctly ruled he never had custody because he signed away his rights, and also ruled that the American Indian thing was a ruse--he may have been part Indian, but until this situation came up, Dud was never involved with his heritage.

What about what the mom wanted?

The New York Daily News is as bad as Shauna.

:
October 11, 2013
I read an account of this case where the Duhd admitted that the reason he didn't pay support was to force his ex-girlfriend to return to him because he knew she was impoverished. The whole custody suit really comes across as spite and outrage that he lost control of the woman.
October 11, 2013
Snark Shark
bell_flower
The New York Daily News is as bad as Shauna.

It's fat, stupid, and farts a lot?

And back tits, don't forget the back tits.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shrieking babbies are the most effective birth control on earth.
October 11, 2013
One of my college professors went through something similar to this years ago. He and his wife adopted a little girl whose birth mother was drug addicted, and had started prostituting herself to support her drug habit. A year later, the drug addict came back, demanding that they give the daughter back. My professor and his wife had to fight it out in court, otherwise the little girl would have gone back to the crack house her mother lived in, and would likely have been abused by the men her mother brought home. It was a situation where no one in their right mind would have given this woman custody, but it still entailed a long legal battle to ensure that she wouldn't get the kid back.

JoJo
I read an account of this case where the Duhd admitted that the reason he didn't pay support was to force his ex-girlfriend to return to him because he knew she was impoverished. The whole custody suit really comes across as spite and outrage that he lost control of the woman.

This doesn't surprise me. He was just fine with never seeing the kid and not supporting her, since it irrevocably tied the mother to him, but the moment the mother was free he went batshit. This little girl was nothing more than a weapon to him, one that he could wield against her mother. He was pissed that that weapon had been taken from him (or rather, that he signed it away).
October 12, 2013
Alana's story is exactly why people are going to Zambia to adopt. People can bitch and moan about "taking care of our own first" but unless things change in favor of the adopted parents, you cannot blame them (well at least I don't!).

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login