Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FREEZE! POLICE TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE BELLY!

Posted by thom_c 
FREEZE! POLICE TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE BELLY!
October 28, 2013
waving hellolarious

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/28/21213350-pennsylvania-man-charged-with-harassment-for-rubbing-pregnant-womans-stomach-cops?lite

Pennsylvania man charged with harassment for rubbing pregnant woman's stomach: cops

Pennsylvania renews a warning to make it illegal to touch a pregnant woman's belly without her consent. WPXI's Katherine Amenta reports.
By Daniella Silva, NBC News

A Pennsylvania man was charged with harassment for allegedly hugging a pregnant woman and rubbing her stomach without her consent in what may be the first case of its kind, according to police and a legal expert.

Richard J. Beishline, 57, went to his pregnant neighbor's trailer popcorn and jerry springer signjerry at about 5 p.m. on Oct. 20 in Cumberland County, according to Trooper Robert Hicks, a public information officer for the Pennsylvania State Police.

While there, Beishline hugged the woman and touched her stomach against her wishes at which point she pushed him away, Hicks said. Beishline returned to his trailer, and the pregnant woman called police.

Beishline was later charged with harassment in connection with the incident, Hicks said.

In Pennsylvania, a person can be charged with harassment for an action they take that has an intent to harass, annoy or alarm another person.

But rarely if ever has the law been applied to unwanted belly-touching and other physical contact aimed at pregnant women.

"It’s extremely rare and uncommon," said Pittsburgh attorney Phil DiLucente. "I have never heard or saw this ever being found."

"This might be the first of its kind," he added.

rest with vid at link

Can't you charge a stranger with assault if they touch you, anyway? Or does it have to be on an erogenous zone?

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
Re: FREEZE! POLICE TAKE YOUR HAND OFF THE BELLY!
October 28, 2013
Miss_Hannigan
Can't you charge a stranger with assault if they touch you, anyway? Or does it have to be on an erogenous zone?[/quote
Yep & Nope. (it does have to be an "offensive touching," not just bumping someone in an elevator). They are just making a BFD about it because it is moo related but stomachs without parasites are equally off limits.
Anonymous User
October 28, 2013
I do kind of empathize with moo for once. I think I'd be driven completely batty if, for whatever reason, everyone in the universe felt entitled to touch or fondle any part of me. Maybe if my hair was just really interesting and for some unspeakable reason, everyone just HAD TO TOUCH IT. I'd probably stab a bitch eventually.
October 28, 2013
While I think she overreacted, I can also see her side of this. Pignancy does NOT give strangers, or hell, even acquaintances license to fondle women. Baybee is still inside, so you're just touching HER, FFS.
October 28, 2013
Look, look, look all you want at my sexy moo pictures. But do not touch the magical areas.:headbrick
Anonymous User
October 29, 2013
Ooookay.

Touching a pregnant woman's belly. Bad. Worthy of arrest and full charges.

Forcibly putting anything, including a few penises, into a vagina without consent. Good. Worthy of burning down the victim's house as punishment for being in that situation.

Where are all the people who feel compelled to blame the pregnant woman for not taking personal responsibility for existing in the first place? Don't they usually feel unable to resist doing that bullshit?

So you have to be pregnant in the first place in order for anyone to listen to you about unwanted attention?

Don't get me wrong. I totally get not wanting to be touched and I actually empathize with her. But the police activity among these things just seems excessively unevenly distributed. And I recognize that I am putting that lightly and that things have been this way for a long time.
October 29, 2013
Let me first emphasize that I do believe that NO ONE has the right to touch someone without their permission.

That being said, anytime Bratleigh gets called on her actions, Moo is running around hollering "Autism" or some other mental issue as to why Bratley can't be held responsible for her actions.

So, I'm going to pose the question of, "what if the neighbor is 'slow' or has some mental deficiencies and he didn't realize a hug/belly-touch was unwanted by the Moo?"

It just seems like there has to be a lot more to the story. It would be odd for a neighbor to just walk up and hug a person (belly rub to follow or not), if they never have in the past. So, were they close friends -- close enough to be on a hugging basis -- and Moo was pissy with neighbor for some reason and decided to get even with a police report?

This story just seems fishy for some reason. Not the least of which is that I read an article last week about this very proposition happening in PA; that they would now begin to charge people for "unwanted belly touches". Knowing how Moos are, I have to wonder if she read that article as well, and used it to her advantage against the neighbor, for whatever reason.

I can't find an information about what precipitated the actual event. So, I'm reserving judgment on the accused right now. Too much possibility that Moo could be a vindictive witch or a self-important nutter. Well, and, it just seems unlikely that a person would, for the very first time ever, walk up and randomly hug a neighbor, then rub its belly, for no reason.
October 30, 2013
I'm on the Moo's side for once.

I've heard too many women complaining about how anyone and everyone, including total strangers, feeling them up during pregnancy to doubt her story.
October 30, 2013
This seems kinda ironic to me. Looks to me like they'd love all of the look-at-me-I'm-knocked-up belly rubbing attention.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2013
I thought moos loved that kind of attention, but I gotta agree with moo for once. Touching someone without consent is a big N-O.
But calling the cops? Okay that's a bit too far.
October 30, 2013
I have to agree with the moos on this one.

Just because some moos like to attention-whore doesn't mean every pregnant woman does or even wants attention. The whole idea that a pregnant woman's uterus, or any woman's uterus, belongs to everyone is just creepy.
October 31, 2013
I gotta side with the mother. You do not just wander up to a stranger and touch their bellies or anything else, I don't care if you think she is a fertility fetish or some shit. And I think it depends on his actions as a whole-if you are following me, acting weird and insisting on pawing me, you will get fucking pummeled. But maybe the chick was intimidated or scared about how the oven toucher was acting and called the cops.
October 31, 2013
I have to side with the mother, too. It's like non-black people rolling up and touching black folks' hair without asking. It's my hair, not a goddamn petting zoo exhibit.

As an aside, why do people want to touch the closest thing we have to a xenomorph chest burster?

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
October 31, 2013
I agree that moo has every right to tell the idiot to keep his hands to himself but I do think she went overboard in pressing charges. I will also never figure out what is so wonderful about a piggo stomach.
October 31, 2013
You know, I sympathize with the Moo in a way - I do not like being touched b y strangers, either - actually, I do not like strangers climbing up/standing inside my ass either, which has happened here in not-so-lovely Florida - but our society is quite boundary-less - have no idea how that started. Maybe it's time we went back to being a society with boundaries. JMHO
October 31, 2013
Now if only you could get that kind of response whenever someone tries to concern himself with your uterus when you're trying to empty it/keep it empty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login