Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"It’s time to take the sexy out of Halloween and return the holiday to kids"

Posted by Anonymous User 
link

Screw that. Not every holiday has to be about the stupid kyds, you know. These people (the "sexy" costume designers) are just taking advantage of the market. (I have to admit the sexy watermelon one sounds a bit weird, though.)
How about returning the holiday to ME!!! [That is, me and all the rest of the pagans.] I will share my evil satan candy with all of you.

The sexy pirate wriggled her way between a phalanx of Stormtroopers, linked arms with them and stuck a bare leg out — red carpet style — for a photo.

Oh heavens! A woman showing a bare leg?!?! How scandalous. smile rolling left righteyes2
cfchevygirl

The sexy pirate wriggled her way between a phalanx of Stormtroopers, linked arms with them and stuck a bare leg out — red carpet style — for a photo.

Oh heavens! A woman showing a bare leg?!?! How scandalous. smile rolling left righteyes2

Quick! Decapitate the evil temptress! She's tainting the children's soul with her satanic charm!

Surprise, surprise! It was a woman writing. I'm sorry if I sound a bit misogynist but some of most "articles" posted here that somehow try to slut shame women is written by other women. And it's always for the sake of the children. Like a 6 year old is able to understand why someone showing too much skin is a "slut". I think it's about time they stop hiding behind the "for the children" wall and come out saying "I don't like when other women tempt my partner or show how they are better/prettier than me or how they can do things I no longer can." Let's face it - if a teen male doesn't see some sexy skin on Halloween, he's going to see some not clothed skin online. And the children? They couldn't care less.
Just be honest: it bothers you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
ihateshriekers
link

Screw that. Not every holiday has to be about the stupid kyds, you know. These people (the "sexy" costume designers) are just taking advantage of the market. (I have to admit the sexy watermelon one sounds a bit weird, though.)

There is room for brats and sexy cats. Moos, go fuck right off!

+++++++++++++

Passive Aggressive
Master Of Anti-brat
Excuses!
milenascarlet
cfchevygirl

Quick! Decapitate the evil temptress! She's tainting the children's soul with her satanic charm!

Surprise, surprise! It was a woman writing. I'm sorry if I sound a bit misogynist but some of most "articles" posted here that somehow try to slut shame women is written by other women. And it's always for the sake of the children. Like a 6 year old is able to understand why someone showing too much skin is a "slut". I think it's about time they stop hiding behind the "for the children" wall and come out saying "I don't like when other women tempt my partner or show how they are better/prettier than me or how they can do things I no longer can." Let's face it - if a teen male doesn't see some sexy skin on Halloween, he's going to see some not clothed skin online. And the children? They couldn't care less.
Just be honest: it bothers you.

Agree. And, I think this Moo is just WAY over the top, and I wonder how much she is making a mountain out of a mole hill. Afterall, she actually thinks this Oscar the Grouch costume is inappropriate

http://www.partycity.com/product/tween+sesame+street+oscar+the+grouch+costume.do?navSet=116260

Now seriously, can anyone tell me how that outfit is "sexy" or inappropriate for teens/tweens? From the waist up, everything is covered except the arms. From the waist down, it's NOT a short dress. It's not a mini-skirt. It's paired with fuzzy legwarmers, not fishnet stockings (or whatever other hosiery Moos feel is inappropriate). Neither the dress, nor the theme of it (Oscar the Grouch) is sexy.
Return the holiday to the kids?

Step 1. Appropriate existing holiday. Change it to be what you want.
Step 2. Pretend it was always that way and other other people are the ones trying to change it.

She's probably just jealous of people who get to be sexy.
Oh look, it's the breeders fighting to make the world stop being for adults while they raise their savage replicas smile rolling left righteyes2
Most Halloween costumes are more ridiculous than sexy. But of course, to these crazy moos, anything that might tempt their sex-starved duh-wallets away from the barnyard is a big red flag.

As others have said that's what this is all about really isn't it - make the world moo-centric so that moos don't have to feel bad about their unwashed hair, saggy bellies and pignasty wounds.

Come to think of it, maybe I'll dress up as a moo this Halloween - after reading that thread about post-pignasty body woes, I reckon it'd be a pretty scary sight. Sadly I don't think even the costume shops would sell anything that nasty though. Think of the chyldrun!
yummynotmummy
Most Halloween costumes are more ridiculous than sexy. But of course, to these crazy moos, anything that might tempt their sex-starved duh-wallets away from the barnyard is a big red flag.

Then hide your poor carved jack o lanterns....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From a bottle cap message on a Magic Hat #9 beer: Condoms Prevent Minivans
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I want to pick up a bus full of unruly kids and feed them gummi bears and crack, then turn them loose in Hobby Lobby to ransack the place. They will all be wearing T shirts that say "You Could Have Prevented This."
Well moo and duh can no longer enjoy halloween (and moo can no longer fit into those sexy costumes), so you shouldn't either! :bedmadelie
Well, then mommy can enforce what her daughter wears for a costume and avoid the ones she deems not okay.

And she'd better avoid the Halloween parties I attend, because the costumes there would make her head explode. Moms can't stand it when people have fun wrong.
Know what? Not everything, even (especially) holidays, belong solely to the children.

If I want to dress up like Sexy Grimace, I'll be Sexy Grimace, god dammit. Treat or sexy trick, motherfuckers.
Her entire premise is wrong.

I collect vintage Halloween, including many, many historical photographs.

Halloween did not become primarily a children's holiday until the 1950's. Most of the photographs I have from before 1950 show all adults. No sexy costumes, of course, but all adults. One of the traditions used to be to look into a mirror to find one's future love.

The kids got the holiday from around the mid fifties the the early eighties, which was cool since my childhood was the 1970's.

War on Christmas? War on Halloween? How about this author mind her own fucking holidays?
God forbid anyone want to dress sexy for Halloween! It'll scar the chyldren! Traumatize them! That image of all that skin will stick to their minds for life....for LIIIIFE! THINK ABOUT THE CHYLDREN!! THE CHYLDREN!!!
Sure it sucks that half of the costumes in the Halloween catalougue for women are "sexy", but damnit some women wouldn't mind so you shouldn't ruin the fun for them!
audiophile
How about returning the holiday to ME!!! [That is, me and all the rest of the pagans.] I will share my evil satan candy with all of you.

I'll raise a big mug of mead or ale to that!:chug Blessed Be and Happy Samhain!
cfchevygirl

In olden days a glimpse of stocking
Was looked on as something shocking,
But now, God knows,
Anything Goes.

waving hellolarious
juliewashere88
Step 1. Appropriate existing holiday. Change it to be what you want.
Step 2. Pretend it was always that way and other other people are the ones trying to change it.

Step 3: PROFIT!
Snark Shark
I think it's time to return "Xmas" to the PAGANS and we'll have to give it a different name, of course! grinning smiley

I call it Yule and celebrate it as such. Not only do I drive family insane by calling it something different but there also isn't any Hallmark moments either.
Sounds like someone is angry she got stuck playing the UPS delivery person at her bedroom costume party for two again!
satansbitch
Snark Shark
I think it's time to return "Xmas" to the PAGANS and we'll have to give it a different name, of course! grinning smiley

I call it Yule and celebrate it as such. Not only do I drive family insane by calling it something different but there also isn't any Hallmark moments either.

It's Jul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login