Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Axe the school!

Posted by thom_c 
Axe the school!
November 01, 2013
Axe is a terrorist chemical weapon!

Students to hospital after Axe body spray released at Medgar Evers College Preparatory School
“EMS transported eight students to the hospital, and parents of two students took them to their own doctors,” according to the Department of Education.
By Ben Chapman AND Tina Moore / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/axe-body-spray-students-ill-brooklyn-high-school-article-1.1502109#ixzz2jPOMtizh

Medgar Evers Middle and High School in Crown Heights was the scene of an Axe spraying that made some students ill.

Emergency crews went to a Brooklyn school to investigate a report of a hazardous smell — only to learn that someone released Axe body spray in a classroom.

The Department of Education said in a statement that Axe was sprayed around 1 p.m. on Wednesday in a room full of sixth-graders at Medgar Evers College Preparatory School.

rest at:

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/axe-body-spray-students-ill-brooklyn-high-school-article-1.1502109#ixzz2jPOatmmp

Collective hysteria, the mind is a powerful thing. And today's special snowflakes swoon like Victorian women at the smell of mediocre perfume.
Re: Axe the school!
November 01, 2013
To be fair, Axe reeks, and the in the quantities that teenagers tend to use it, it could well cause suffocation.
November 01, 2013
CFinPenthouse
Collective hysteria, the mind is a powerful thing. And today's special snowflakes swoon like Victorian women at the smell of mediocre perfume.

http://www.historylink.org/index.cfm?DisplayPage=output.cfm&File_Id=5136

Seattle Window Pitting Epidemic.

Windshield pitting incidents in Washington reach fever pitch on April 15, 1954.

HistoryLink.org Essay 5136 : Printer-Friendly Format

On April 15, 1954, Bellingham, Seattle and other Washington communities are in the grip of a strange phenomenon -- tiny holes, pits, and dings have seemingly appeared in the windshields of cars at an unprecedented rate. Initially thought to be the work of vandals, the pitting rate grows so quickly that panicked residents soon suspect everything from cosmic rays to sand-flea eggs to fallout from H-bomb tests. By the next day, pleas are sent to government officials asking for help in solving what would become known as the Seattle Windshield Pitting Epidemic.

It Begins in Bellingham

The tiny windshield holes were first noticed in the northwestern Washington community of Bellingham in late March 1954. The small size of the pits led Bellingham police officers to believe that the damage was the work of vandals using buckshot or BBs. Within a week, a few residents in Sedro Woolley and Mount Vernon, 25 miles south of Bellingham, also began reporting damage to their windshields. By the second week of April the “vandals” attacked farther south, in the town of Anacortes on Fidalgo Island.

The Anacortes outbreak began early in the morning on April 13, 1954, when car owners noticed the heretofore-unseen pits in their windshields. Losing no time, all available law enforcement officers in the area sped to town in the hope of apprehending the culprits. Roadblocks were set up south of town at Deception Pass Bridge, and all cars leaving and entering the city were given a detailed once-over, as were their drivers and passengers.

To no avail. Farther south, cars at the Whidbey Island Naval Air Station at Oak Harbor were discovered to have the same mysterious dings. Nearly 75 marines made an intensive five-hour search of the station. They came up empty. By the end of the day, more than 2,000 cars from Bellingham to Oak Harbor were reported as having been damaged. Two things became abundantly clear: This could not be the work of roving hooligans; and whatever was causing windshield pits and dings was rapidly approaching Seattle.

Seattle Under Siege

News of the windshield ding-phenomenon reached Seattle ahead of the menace. On the morning of April 14, 1954, Seattle newspaper subscribers read frontpage reports of the events that had transpired to the north. The afternoon papers carried similar stories. At 6 p.m. a report came in to Seattle police that three cars had been damaged in a lot at 6th Avenue and John Street. At 9 p.m., a motorist reported that his windshield had been hit at N 82nd Street and Greenwood Avenue. Then the floodgates opened.

Motorists began stopping police cars on the street to report windshield damage. Parking lots and auto sales lots north of downtown were hit, as well as parked cars as far west as Ballard. Even police cars parked in front of precinct stations suffered damage. Extra clerks were brought into the stations to answer the flurry of calls from angry and perplexed car owners. By the next morning, windshield pitting had reached epidemic levels.

Glass Menagerie

The sheer number of damaged windshields ruled out hoodlums, and experts were at a loss as to the cause of these strange pits and holes appearing out of nowhere. On Whidbey Island, Sheriff Tom Clark postulated that radioactivity released by recent H-bomb tests in the South Pacific was peppering windshields.

rest of story at link

yurble
To be fair, Axe reeks, and the in the quantities that teenagers tend to use it, it could well cause suffocation.

Not to mention breathing difficulties in people with asthma. I developed asthma as an adult in 2008 after having the flu during a particularly bad allergy season. It doesn't bother me on a daily basis as long as I take my meds, but someone wearing a lot of scent - or someone smoking - can send me right into an asthma attack. The worst one I ever had was one day in a computer class. The woman sitting next to me took out some highly-perfumed hand lotion an slathered it all over her hands and arms; I was choking on the floor in less than a minute.
November 02, 2013
skyeyes
yurble

Not to mention breathing difficulties in people with asthma. I developed asthma as an adult in 2008 after having the flu during a particularly bad allergy season. It doesn't bother me on a daily basis as long as I take my meds, but someone wearing a lot of scent - or someone smoking - can send me right into an asthma attack. The worst one I ever had was one day in a computer class. The woman sitting next to me took out some highly-perfumed hand lotion an slathered it all over her hands and arms; I was choking on the floor in less than a minute.

Yes, I have asthma too. I remember high school as being in a constant fog of strong scents which triggered breathing problems. I'm so glad that this is rarely a problem in offices because most adults don't wear so much scent. I get pretty annoyed with women who feel the need to put on their hairspray in public transport, though. No, I did not want a face-full of your chemicals.
November 02, 2013
November 02, 2013
Kids sprayed mace at my school several times, and I distinctly remember coughing and tearing up in classrooms. No hazmat situations, no hospital trips involved. Bunch of pussies.

--------------------
"[GFG's pregnancy is] kind of like at the stables where that one dumb, ugly-ass mare broke out of her corral one day and got herself screwed by the equally fugly colt that was due to be gelded the same afternoon."- Shiny
November 02, 2013
In 1992, I was eating with some friends in a restaurant in Paris. Three arab teens ran in and emptied their cans of mace. We coughed, got outside and were fine. The poor owner of the place apologising profusely. I've read it is much worse now, as immigrants from northern African former french colonies get radical.

As for the school. Liquid-axe the :fmblangry flipping off
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login