Advanced

Michigan Anti Abortion Bill passed

Posted by t. 
Michigan Anti Abortion Bill passed
December 13, 2013
No word.

Michigan, oh Michigan

I weep for the US.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
Re: Michigan Anti Abortion Bill passed
December 13, 2013
That's one giant step back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Don't you know how to deal with children?!"
"I don't like animals who act on instinct."
I think you're on to something Akihiko.
December 13, 2013
The right-to-"life" crowd is its own worst enemy. This will backfire, especially on all the idiots who voted for it the second time around: look for a big turnover in the state legislature in the next election cycle.

The proper alternative to this stupidity would have been simply to allow people to opt out of abortion coverage if they didn't want to pay for it. The irony is that's already in Obamacare.

Note that even the Republican governor opposed the bill and vetoed it. You just don't think of Michigan as being a big anti-choice enclave, but there it is.
December 13, 2013
And MI wonders why all their educated and talented young people moved to Chicago.

Or NY. Or Toronto. Or other spots in Canada. There's plenty of excellent places to go - right near by!

They're going to have to wall the borders. I don't know if this is true or not, or the particulars, but I have heard that in WI certain roads are closed by large gates at certain times. It may be weather related, keep people off the roads. Like I say, I really don't know.

MI could maybe try something like that - wall the place in.

Yes, I came from MI and now live in Chi. I even live on the W. Side. What a Typical Hipster grinning smiley

Hey, I was thinking of moving. Including - back to MI. Not now of course.

Speaking of Chi - SWLMI (= South West Lower Michigan) could be considered the 'exurbs' of Chi. You could commute. Be kind of a long commute (apx. 80 or more miles) - however - people do do this. It's especially attractive to those who do not need to go into an office every day, people looking for better RE deals - which is why I mention that.

If the economy were better and MI wasn't full of FLAMING FUCKING ASSHOLES! angry smiley now - there could be lucrative RE there. In fact, if you look at the lower counties - there are innumerable housing projects started - and stalled.

Other things that make it attractive: the possibilities of farming and industry. MI lies entirely within the Great Lakes Water Basin - which means - they can have ALL the water they want!

But who wants to relocate or start a biz there? It went down hill and keeps going down hill.

MI could be a great place. Oh and I can't imagine the tourist money they're losing over all this BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan
From the above -

Michigan's tourists spend $17.2 billion per year in the state, supporting 193,000 tourism jobs

Yes, tourism is big and they're ruining that too!
smile rolling left righteyes2

MI is a very nice place where many people would like to live and, or engage in biz or investment. It has a great deal to offer, water wise, existent infra structure, proximity to other areas, weather, tourism, etc. HOWEVER - look at all this crazy bull shit now! WHY are they doing this???? Hello - DETROIT? Also notice - how so many people are leaving?

Why do they insist on making things WORSE???

~ A Chicagoan
December 13, 2013
Zzelda
And MI wonders why all their educated and talented young people moved to Chicago.

Or NY. Or Toronto. Or other spots in Canada. There's plenty of excellent places to go - right near by!

They're going to have to wall the borders. I don't know if this is true or not, or the particulars, but I have heard that in WI certain roads are closed by large gates at certain times. It may be weather related, keep people off the roads. Like I say, I really don't know.

MI could maybe try something like that - wall the place in.

Yes, I came from MI and now live in Chi. I even live on the W. Side. What a Typical Hipster grinning smiley

Hey, I was thinking of moving. Including - back to MI. Not now of course.

Speaking of Chi - SWLMI (= South West Lower Michigan) could be considered the 'exurbs' of Chi. You could commute. Be kind of a long commute (apx. 80 or more miles) - however - people do do this. It's especially attractive to those who do not need to go into an office every day, people looking for better RE deals - which is why I mention that.

If the economy were better and MI wasn't full of FLAMING FUCKING ASSHOLES! angry smiley now - there could be lucrative RE there. In fact, if you look at the lower counties - there are innumerable housing projects started - and stalled.

Other things that make it attractive: the possibilities of farming and industry. MI lies entirely within the Great Lakes Water Basin - which means - they can have ALL the water they want!

But who wants to relocate or start a biz there? It went down hill and keeps going down hill.

MI could be a great place. Oh and I can't imagine the tourist money they're losing over all this BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michigan
From the above -

Michigan's tourists spend $17.2 billion per year in the state, supporting 193,000 tourism jobs

Yes, tourism is big and they're ruining that too!
smile rolling left righteyes2

MI is a very nice place where many people would like to live and, or engage in biz or investment. It has a great deal to offer, water wise, existent infra structure, proximity to other areas, weather, tourism, etc. HOWEVER - look at all this crazy bull shit now! WHY are they doing this???? Hello - DETROIT? Also notice - how so many people are leaving?

Why do they insist on making things WORSE???

~ A Chicagoan

Because God.
(Not at all because they are afraid of women having sex without having to pay in pignasty and chilbirth and babbies, of course, what are you thinking of?)

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
December 13, 2013
How awful.

You can count my estranged brother and his famblee in as one of the assholes. He's the most narrow-minded, bellowing blowhard I've ever known, after beginning so well, and he most certainly WOULD have voted for this. He actually moved his clan away from Chicago to live in Grand Rapids. Who knows, maybe part of the problem is with unpleasant transplants. It's a shame, I always liked Michigan, and wished I had spent more time exploring it when I lived out that way.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login