Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Why I love being CF Sick Day edition

Posted by hana 
Why I love being CF Sick Day edition
December 09, 2013
Husband has some sort of viral thing so he called in sick. I work from home so I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup, and trying to be as quiet as possible. He is a do not bother me when I'm sick kind of guy, so I closed the bedroom door and will get him tea and medications when he asks for them.

Right now he's so glad we don't have a sqawking brat demanding attention since he's home from work. I'm so glad I don't have to spend every second trying to keep a brat quiet so DH can sleep.
Re: Why I love being CF Sick Day edition
December 09, 2013
Ah, the bennies of CF living. They do not come from the government, but from sane decision making. Hope he gets well soon. friendly hug I'll take my cats comforting with purrs any day over bratlings. They will not take care of me when I get old. Yet I know sprogs aren't likely to do it either. But I received lots of unconditional love to fill my heart. Hana, hope you do not catch what he has. Take care. friendly hug
December 09, 2013
This is a highly underrated benefit to being CF. Being able to lie in bed and just be sick without screaming shitlings jumping on the bed, making demands, etc.

When I'm sick, the last thing I want to be is disturbed. I just want to lie there in misery until I feel better. Mooos and duhs always get sick too, because their brats are contagious beasts. They bring home every single virus a person can think of.

The last time I got sick, it was because I was standing behind a mooo and a coughing brat in a lineup at the pharmacy. I was out for three weeks with viral bronchitis. I just wanted to snuggle in bed, cough my brains out and sleep.

NOTHING would be worse than being trapped in the house, sick, with brats around!

Hana, sending well-wishes to your husband. I hope he gets better soon!
December 09, 2013
Thanks barren4ever and mumofsixbirds for the well wishes. Husband woke up an hour ago, and ate some soup and drank some blackberry flavored brandy. I told him he was not going to work tomorrow, and he agreed. If he was feeling better he would've argued about it. Now he's napping on the couch.

He caught it from his single moo cow-irker, who can only be properly sick at work. She has subsidized brat care so she must have the shitlings with her if she isn't working.

Been drinking tea and had some blackberry flavored brandy as well. Debating whether or not to sleep in the spare bedroom tonight. Guess I'll find out later this week if I'm in the clear.
December 10, 2013
I also want to be left the hell alone when I'm really sick. I just want to curl up under an electric blanket and sleep all day. I couldn't imagine having to listen to a little bastard screaming and slapping the door because they can't go half a second without MommyMommyMommy! Not to mention you probably would catch it from the kid itself, meaning you have to deal with their shit and them snotting and coughing all over everything. Plus kids get this funk about them when they're sick. I mean on top of the sour milk and urine stench, there's this odor that just plain smells like illness and it smells wet and sticky. It just makes you feel even worse to have to inhale their germ vapors.

Everyone where I live is getting sick with some particularly nasty shit, complete with runny nose, coughing and then laryngitis a few days in. I have no clue WTF it is. I had it a few weeks ago and felt like stomped shit. My mother has it now and even though I already had it, I've been feeling a little icky lately too. Not really bad, but I've been coughing a little and my throat is a little scratchy, so I've been taking shitloads of vitamin C and using medicated nasal spray in an attempt to ward off an encore. I don't know why I'm getting it AGAIN when I just had this exact same damn thing. My immune system is not that bad.
December 10, 2013
Cambion
I also want to be left the hell alone when I'm really sick. I just want to curl up under an electric blanket and sleep all day. I couldn't imagine having to listen to a little bastard screaming and slapping the door because they can't go half a second without MommyMommyMommy! Not to mention you probably would catch it from the kid itself, meaning you have to deal with their shit and them snotting and coughing all over everything. Plus kids get this funk about them when they're sick. I mean on top of the sour milk and urine stench, there's this odor that just plain smells like illness and it smells wet and sticky. It just makes you feel even worse to have to inhale their germ vapors.

Everyone where I live is getting sick with some particularly nasty shit, complete with runny nose, coughing and then laryngitis a few days in. I have no clue WTF it is. I had it a few weeks ago and felt like stomped shit. My mother has it now and even though I already had it, I've been feeling a little icky lately too. Not really bad, but I've been coughing a little and my throat is a little scratchy, so I've been taking shitloads of vitamin C and using medicated nasal spray in an attempt to ward off an encore. I don't know why I'm getting it AGAIN when I just had this exact same damn thing. My immune system is not that bad.

My wife has been battling a similar bug. One of her coworkers brought it to work and not only is she sick, so are some of the others. I'm not feeling so hot now myself, mostly sore throat and feeling run down, nothing serious yet. Hope it stays that way.

I agree with this being another advantage of being CF. I can basically sleep in and either watch TV, play online, or ham radio without some little brat annoying me. I just enjoy peace and quiet.
December 10, 2013
If I'm sick enough to not go into work, all I want to do is drink tea and sleep. A day or two of nothing but sleep and tea makes me right as rain. I really would not want to have to take care of somebody else or neglect my own health to coddle a child.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
December 10, 2013
Mainstream items about the benefits of CF/CL living always talk about money, sex, parties, and such. They never talk about the fact that you can actually stay home and recover when sick. Parents don't really get sick days.

If I'm sick enough to stay home, I just want to lay in bed and drink liquids, or maybe get up long enough to have a hot bath. I can't imagine having to schlep kids to/from school, or deal with preschool-aged kids/babies. Hell. On. Earth.
December 10, 2013
A friend of mine has a weakened immune system and gets sick frequently. I remember she once showed me a picture of herself and she was very pale from having been sick for the past few days. Having to chase after a kid would wipe her out.

If I'm sick enough to stay home from school or work, chances are I'll be sleeping most of the day. The last thing anyone who's sick needs is to deal with kids, but parents are SOL with that one.

----------
"Be yourself, no matter what. Some will adore you, and some will hate everything about you, but who cares?

It's your life. Make the most out of it."
December 10, 2013
It gets even better.

Husband is mucking about on facebook, and one of his breeder friends posts an update. Brief summary is stuck in car with sick loaf [the $100,000 IVF golden penis] and angry wife. Jealous? His response was, "peaceful sick day with absent wife unless I ask for something".
December 10, 2013
Works for "snow days" too!

I can't complain - I'm in the 'hot zone' or 'urban heat island' - it's warmer here, and less snow. Please allow me to mock people in "the snow belt" ~

Breeders gotta move out to hard core Burbia for The Schools, the McMansion, or more affordable housing, shopping, and the whole Famblee Values Atmosphere. Hope you like snow! grinning smiley And driving longer distances in - moar snow!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

This is why it's more expensive in my area too. Location. It's interesting to look at RE prices around here - they directly correlate to the weather patterns. If you'd make a map of avg. prices it would look just like 'the snow belt'.
(Not a boast, I live in kind of a dump, I mean it's loaded with Vintage Charm grinning smiley But I would rather have this than something bigger, better, or more land, in the snowy hinterlands.)

Anyway. It is too early for this (no snow since Feb), but we here did not get that much. Not even a full inch, I don't think. But - more is coming ~

When you're CF you don't have to worry about shlepping kids around in messy and dangerous weather, nor do you have to worry about being stuck in the house with them.

And, you can take any of your free time to prepare - go to the store, etc. I have the added benefit of a reasonably flexible work schedule and can do most of it at home - so I was able to go this afternoon and get errands and shopping done ahead of time. I can hole up here for a week, if need be.

How would you like to drag your ass out in messy weather to attend Bratleigh's Christmas Play?
~ shudders ~

Or, I could do something fun ~ I noticed that all the ski resorts farther N decided to have an advertising blitz, I've seen several ads on TV already, and I was thinking - hey, that looks kinda fun! Maybe I'll go do that smiling smiley

Hope everyone feels better soon friendly hug
December 12, 2013
That's one of the things I love about you, Snark Shark: You've got your priorities well in order. grinning smiley

-------------------------
"They will say that you are on the wrong road, if it is your own." ~Antonio Porchia
December 13, 2013
Cambion

The Wolf and I live out in CO and she just got over a bout of the very thing you describe. The doctor at school didn't know what it was...it took her almost 6 weeks to throw it. Bad news all round. Whatever it is I hope I don't catch it. I suspect she caught it from some shitling.
December 13, 2013
Having multiple disabilities, which cause frequent misery in their own way, they also make me susceptible to additional other illnesses (ie infections, colds, influenza, etc).

Much of my time, the pain and other symptoms are all that I can cope with.

If I had a needy child to add to those burdens, there would be a death in my home for sure.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login