Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Breeders lives are not more valuable

Posted by krausyaoj 
Breeders lives are not more valuable
March 23, 2014
Story at Merck Expands Cancer Drug Access But Too Late for Denver Dad claiming that denying early access to an experimental drug resulted in death.

But how is the fact that the cancer patient a father with three kids even relevant? Being a father does not mean your life is more valuable.

"Not everyone has as short a window as I," Nick Auden continued. "Why can't they supply me now rather than me missing by a couple of months? Imagine Amy explaining that to the kids."
Re: Breeders lives are not more valuable
March 23, 2014
Boo fuckin' hoo. Both of my parents have had cancer; my father died of it. That makes all of their kids good candidates for cancer. If I die of it, I'll likely leave pets behind. That doesn't entitle me to anything more nor anything less than what's available to other people. If you're that worried about leaving kids behind, don't have kids. You can bet that when I'm older, or if I develop a terminal disease, I'll stop getting pets for exactly that reason-- I don't want to leave any behind, especially if it's to an uncertain fate.

:bedmadelie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login