Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home Wanted! Breederific justifications to get rid of a pet - Reversed!

Posted by Anonymous User 
Attached to this post you'll find a picture that an old friend of mine posted on his FB wall. Breeders who get rid of pets due to a kyd: I hope that someday someone yanks everything you've ever known in your life away from you; once where there were familiar faces, voices, and smells, there is nothing you recognize anymore, and you don't know why, or where the life you knew went. All you can do is cower in a corner because everything comforting you once knew is gone and the people you depended on are gone too. Get rid of a pet due to a fucking kid? You nasty, cruel, self-centered, fucking pathetic sacks of human-like matter.

In any case, the picture is in Swedish, so allow me to translate.

HOME WANTED: 2-year-old child. The reason for this is that I've bought a puppy, and I no longer have time to devote to the child. The child has become a source of allergens. Am also afraid that the child will bite the puppy. The child is potty-trained and has all vaccinations. Needs a new home starting tomorrow, otherwise it will be euthanized. All replies will be considered!

YOU WOULD NEVER DO THIS TO A CHILD! WHY IS IT SO ACCEPTABLE TO DO IT TO A DOG OR A CAT? If you cannot invest 15 years in the life of your dog or cat, do not get one!

People like this make me furious! The day I had my last dog euthanized, after she was in so much distress she was unconscious from lack of oxygen off and on due to heart failure I puked all over the parking lot. We spent several thousand dollars the last year of her life but in the end there was nothing left we could do.

Fuck you, horrible, unfeeling, inhumane asshole breeders. My dog deserved to live every fucking year you will get to. :hardcore

She got 12 years and these horrid assholes will get 80. I just can't even begin to understand breeder logic.
Unfortunately my dad is of the opinion that you should not keep pets in the house if you have chyldren. He doesn't like dogs anyway, and when he met his now wife, she had a miniature Schnauzer. When she got pregnant with my sister, he insisted she re-home it. Fortunately her parents took the dog in and she had a great life with them. They loved her so much, and she became a therapy dog for the elderly when she was older, she was super gentle and with the right supervision, there was no reason why she couldn't have lived with children. They still have Schnauzers now, two of them.

Dad once told me that he would disown me if I had children and kept my dog because it's dangerous, particularly a dog of the breed I have (Rottie/Lab mix). I just said, it's a good job I intend on having dogs and not kids then isn't it smile rolling left rightsmile

I totally agree with this statement:

If you cannot invest 15 years in the life of your dog or cat, do not get one!

Breeders in waiting - this means you - if you know you want to have children and have any doubts about your ability to handle a pet AND kids, do not get a pet.
Boyfriend's mom became allergic to cats during her young adult years and she still kept her cat until it got so sick that it needed to be euthanized. I don't understand breeders who don't even attempt medicating their allergic child before they rehome their pet(s). The ones that really make me see red are the ones that supposedly "don't have time" for the pet after having a child. If your lives are so busy that you can't even give some food, water, exercise and affection to your pet, then you're too busy to breed!

I don't have low self-esteem. That's a mistake. I have low esteem for everyone else.
-Daria
they don't seem to have a problem medicating their chyld for other things... why not pet allergies. (and I don't know where all these allergies are suddenly coming from ... but that's another topic)
Re: Home Wanted! Breederific justifications to get rid of a pet - Reversed!
March 17, 2014
Speaking as someone with allergies, it isn't always advisable to take allergy medications on a daily basis. It is better to have a home environment free of allergins, and to only use the medication on an as-needed basis.

That said, one of the many things people should consider before breeding but so rarely do is the possibility that the sprog may have allergies or other health problems. Just don't get a pet if you plan to breed during its lifetime, and then wait until your sprog is at a responsible age before getting another one.
I always avoid commenting on this subject because it's so triggering. *deep breath* I disowned a friend after she dumped her cat off in a shelter.

She'd had Tibby for years, spoiled her to bits, and allegedly loved her. We drifted apart after she married and had a baby.

I finally called her and she mentioned she dumped Tibby at a shelter because of the baaabbby. She "couldn't deal with her anymore" esp after Tibby started having accidents in the house.

I was stunned into silence, and I wish I'd said something nasty. This was back in '95, years before I'd heard the term Childfree, and thought I was a freak for my views.

Anyhow, I've never forgiven her, nor spoke to her, although I have tried to get in touch again to blast her for what she did. Bitch.

When I told my mom, my mom was upset, and would have taken Tibby in if she'd known.

We were like Thelma and Louise but she had a huge personality change after she "fell in love" with her boyfriend, married and shit a baby out.

Fuck you Sandra, someday I will find you and tell you exactly what a bitch you are. angry flipping off

(Tibby was so old and grumpy, I'm sure she was euthanized shortly after) sad smiley

ETA; The shelter manager up here said "something happens to women after then have kids. They dump their animals. She gets very upset too. Also, every animal given away, takes away a home from another animal.)

Evan Davis
Ugh. I see red when I hear about pets being dumped because the owners "don't have time anymore". Fuck that. That pet's a responsibility, it depends on you, and it hasn't done anything wrong but be itself.

My brother-in-law got a super-cool cat this way. His friends had their cat first. Then when they had kids, they got all paranoid and declawed him fore AND aft. So kitty was left with no defense and no traction. Then after a while they were spouting about how the cat might hurt/smother the kids, and how he just HAD to go. Bro-in-law took the cat (and didn't stay friends with the insane friends). The cat had an awesome childfree home another eight or nine years, with lots of quiet sunbeams to bask in for maximum solar effect on his black coat.

So glad that BIL was in the right place at the right time.

Also, the "not enough time/too much work/it's jealous of the baby" idiots always make me wonder about what they'll do if they have a second kid, or just one kid who has disabilities or otherwise takes a lot of time? If one of their kids acts up, gets in trouble, has extensive allergies, or any number of things that can take a lot of time and energy, will they give away or euthanize that kid? After all, they've already shown that they can't handle anything that takes up a lot of their time and energy! smile rolling left righteyes2
On a similar note, I was watching an episode of the Investigation Discovery channel show "Obsession: Dark Desires." This episode had a preggo that was being stalked by some random pizza place employee. During this time, her boyfriend or whoever bought her a new puppy. The stalker abducted the puppy and when she was returned, she had clearly been abused by the stalker. What does preggo do? She DUMPS HER DOG. Her puppy, that was abused and needs the love of her owner more than ever. Soon-to-be moo's excuse? "She [the puppy] was a bad reminder of the stalking."

I'm just like, are you going to give away your child? You were knocked up during this time, why isn't the baby a bad reminder and given up for adoption? It just pissed me off and completely erased any and all sympathy I had for moo up to that point.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Why children take so long to grow? They eat and drink like pig and give nothing back. Must find way to accelerate process..."
- Dr. Yi Suchong, Bioshock

"Society does not need more children; but it does need more loved children. Quite literally, we cannot afford unloved children - but we pay heavily for them every day. There should not be the slightest communal concern when a woman elects to destroy the life of her thousandth-of-an-ounce embryo. But all society should rise up in alarm when it hears that a baby that is not wanted is about to be born."
- Garrett Hardin

"I feel like there's a message involved here somehow, but then I couldn't stop laughing at all the plotholes, like the part when North Korea has food."
- Youtube commentor referring to a North Korean cartoon.

"Reality is a bitch when it slowly crawls out of your vagina and shits in your lap."
- Reddit comment

"Bitch wants a baby, so we're gonna fuck now. #bareback"
- Cambion

Oh whatever. Abortion doctors are crimestoppers."
- Miss Hannigan
I see this shit all over Craigslist all the time. It boils my blood. Breeders are garbage.

``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
"I have found little that is 'good' about human beings on the whole. In my experience most of them are trash, no matter whether they publicly subscribe to this or that ethical doctrine or to none at all."
~Sigmund Freud
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login