Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Special Snowflakes just don't grow up... Riots in Tucson after team lost in the NCAA tournament.

Posted by Techie 

Fans of the University of Arizona took to the streets of Tucson Saturday night, and police responded in riot gear. After their team lost in the NCAA tournament, crowds poured out of bars and restaurants near the university.
The gathering was peaceful at first, but then fans started throwing objects at the police, like cans, bottles and fireworks.

More at the link:
www.wilx.com/news/headlines/Arizona-Students-Arrested-During-Riot--253099751.html

Let's see here, one can stay on puhrunt's health insurance until 27 as long as they go to college. College is supposed to enlighten people and make them more civil. This story is an example that none of that stuff works.
There is ton of money that is spent to support state funded higher education. The idea is to educate people and hopefully end up with a better society. This is an example how all of that is working out. Not very well in my opinion.
I have never understood that mentality. Your fave sports team loses and you go out and loot stores and trash the town? It happens sometimes too when teams win. WTF is that?
cfchevygirl
I have never understood that mentality. Your fave sports team loses and you go out and loot stores and trash the town? It happens sometimes too when teams win. WTF is that?

I simply cannot comprehend that concept. I also do not understand how supposedly educated group of people can behave like that.
Techie
cfchevygirl

I simply cannot comprehend that concept. I also do not understand how supposedly educated group of people can behave like that.

Being educated gives them a free pass to do whatever they want. These same people who are rioting would look down on someone lesser educated doing the same thing.
Right now I feel very embarrassed for my alma mater.
Sports build character.

Fans of the University of Arizona took to the streets of Tucson Saturday night, and police responded in riot gear. After their team lost in the NCAA tournament, crowds poured out of bars and restaurants near the university.
The gathering was peaceful at first, but then fans started throwing objects at the police, like cans, bottles and fireworks.

I'm a native Tucsonan and the University of Arizona is my alma mater, but I have to say this is not news. In 1997, when we went all the way and won the NCAA Championship, college kids rioted, too. Chalk it up to a lethal combination of testosterone and alcohol, always a bad mix. That's what you get, I guess, for being a jock school (in spite of the fact that it's a damn fine academic university on the cutting edge of, among other things, the space program). Frankly, I'm mortified.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login