Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Iran Wants to Double Population; Considers Banning Vasectomies and Discouraging Birth Control

Posted by cfchevygirl 

Iran's Iran's parliament is seeking a ban on vasectomies and a tightening of abortion rules as the country moves away from its progressive laws on family planning in an attempt to increase the birthrate.

Two decades after Iran initiated an effective birth control programme, including subsidised male sterilisation surgeries and free condom distribution, the country is to make a U-turn.

Last year the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, criticised existing policy on contraception, describing it as an imitation of western lifestyle.

The 74-year-old has urged the government to tackle what he believes to be an ageing population and to double the number of people in Iran from 77 million to at least 150 million.

This week Tehran's conservative-dominated parliament, the Majlis, voted to discuss banning vasectomies and introducing punishments for those involved in encouraging contraceptive services and abortions, local agencies reported.

The semi-official Fars news agency reported that an overwhelming majority of Iranian MPs had consented to consider the bill. Given the influence of Khamenei among MPs, the proposals are likely to pass.

"If we move forward like this, we will be a country of elderly people in a not too distant future," Khamenei said in October, according to Fars. "Why do some [couples] prefer to have one … or two children? Why do men or women avoid having children through different means?

"The reasons need to be studied. We are not a country of 75 million, we have [the capacity] to become at least 150 million people, if not more."

Linky

Double their population? Are they fucking serious? The article also mentions that 70% of their existing population is under the age of 35, so I really don't think they are in danger of having an overly aged population. And if those people were breeding 2, replacement value for themselves, then they wouldn't have to worry, would they? Either way, they think 2 kyds is not enough. smile rolling left righteyes2
Tehran is overcrowded and polluted as fuck! Like *face mask range*.

Yeah, shove more people in there, - Good idea! smile rolling left righteyes2

Fix your infra structure, why don't you? Badly needed all over the region.

Tehran's like into lung cancer range, with the gross air.

These people are on the wrong end of progress - everyone else is going the other way -

Moroccan women demand equality -
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/04/13/moroccan-women-take-to-street-demand-constitutional-guarantee-of-gender-equality/

Saudi women and driving (many things about this, I found a blog which likely has lots of links) -

http://saudiwomendriving.blogspot.com/

ME and N. African women, and men, wish for, and are fighting for, more freedom and more 'Western' type societies, and their advantages and opportunities. And - they are gaining ground.

Just as anyplace else - these 'hard liners' are becoming a thing of the past - the majority wants change. And it is happening.

Some of my relatives used to live in Iran. They got the eff out before the shit hit the fan in '79.

These people, IMO, - I have been to various spots in this region on biz, holiday, trips, I do not live there, but IMO, FWIW - if they would band together and do like a UAE, EU, US states, any applicable 'Union' - they could step forward, even move ahead -

Those who choose 'the best way', are aware of and willing to work with modern culture, and technology - and go into new technology - these will be the ones who move ahead, who will go to the front of the pack.

Those stuck in the 'old way', and / or rigid thinking - will be left behind. Goes for any one and any group.

BRICs be steppin up; Others wish to follow.

People see things, they want the same. Smart people see $, and to get that - they do pay attention to all the details. Those presently 'on top' would do well to keep their eyes on those 'coming up' also.

One common factor is - Free societies. More sophisticated. With Civil Rights.

The smart people will understand that this is a component to the developing, and already developed, economies.

Money rules all. The smart ones will adapt 'in place' systems / copy, this is already happening, the conservative 'Old Timers' will be boxed out. This is already happening, in various places.

And continuing onward.

Be ahead of the curve or be left behind.

Iran is still a relatively free state. The people won't stand for it. I'm not seeing this happening. But, who knows?

If SA goes to a free state it's all over but the shoutin, ME region wide. And I do see this happening, soon. I'm seeing Israel and Palestine settling their crap too. And then, next step - when all these new free states band together ~

Yeah, one might want to look ahead of the curve and imagine how they'll reckon with that ~

I have to keep an eye on these things, biz wise. The most concern I have for Iran is how polluted it is! It's a beautiful place too, very 'scenic'.

Sigh.

The only positive thought I can think of is - let's all try to move forward, shall we?
There's plenty of room in their Dasht-i Kavir desert for more people.

/sarcasm
What these forced birther rocket surgeons never seem to figure out is that when you increase the population because of old people you are creating a new batch of people who will, newsflash, get old themselves. They will require more people to be born on their behalf and on and on and on. An economy based on perpetual population growth is UNFUCKINGSUSTAINABLE.
Iran, meet Romania (under Ceausescu).
They are literally trying to breed an army. That is what this is about.
barbur
Iran, meet Romania (under Ceausescu).

Some people never learn.

Those who don't learn from history will repeat it.
Yeek. That monster of a dictator in Red Romania did the same thing...didn't end too well there either.

I wish I could hand every women in that snakepit a sawed-off shotgun to hide under their terror blankets. The religious element over there is not the Westboro Church or Jackass Chick tract-passers, they play for keeps and they will gladly shoot things besides defenseless woodland animals..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login