Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Another stupid "Bring your kids to church" article

Posted by bell_flower 
Another stupid "Bring your kids to church" article
April 29, 2014
If you don't hear crying, your church is dying? :fmbl the world 'fail' on flames

I don't have time to pick this apart....I know someone will do it justice but I will hit this one paragraph:

Then there’s everybody else. Some people will honestly become frustrated by noisy children in church. They have this warped idea that reverence includes absolute silence. It doesn’t. When parents brought their children to Jesus, the disciples rebuked them (Matt. 19.13-15), but Jesus rebuked His disciples. He said, “Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of heaven.” The term translated “children” in Matthew and Mark is paidon. The root of the word “pedagogue” is from this word. It defined children of either an infant state, or more particularly, it was with reference to those who were half-grown and could be either males or females.

Reverence means respect and being able to process the message. A toadler cannot understand the message, therefore they have no reverence so they need to be in a nursery, period so that others can have their quiet time.

The "pedagogue" reference and the origin of the word sound very fishy---in fact the whole passage sounds like an excuse for brat worship. I'm no Bible scholar but there are numerous references to being childlike before Gawd in the Bible. It doesn't mean chronological age--it's a state of mind, but leave it to Christians to twist it into whatever they want to justify.

http://veritasvenator.com/2013/09/25/to-you-who-bring-small-children-to-church/
Re: Another stupid "Bring your kids to church" article
April 29, 2014
Whatever happened to the crying rooms in church? Or the nursery?

The dolt who wrote that article doesn't realize that wrangling a "quietly fussing" kid is a distraction not only to the parent but congregation. Like the parishioners can hear the holy word over the sound of a screaming kid?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login