Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anti-Facebook Article Slams Baybeeeez - Moooing Ensues.

Posted by cats_instead 
Anti-Facebook Article Slams Baybeeeez - Moooing Ensues.
April 29, 2014
http://jezebel.com/5894631/the-more-facebook-friends-you-have-the-bigger-asshole-you-are

I liked this article just to begin with, but when the writer let off with this one, I liked it even more!:

It's not news that young people are narcissistic. I mean, human babies are the most narcissistic fucks on the planet.

Clearly, anyone would pick up on the fact that this comment was meant as a joke, but asshurt moos quickly came to correct the offense. Here's a good one:

"I mean, human babies are the most narcissistic fucks on the planet."

What a disgusting comment. You certainly wouldn't say it about women. You wouldn't say it about the other communities that are represented on this website.

Babies are very young individuals who have to develop their communication skills slowly by interacting with the world. They rely on the relationships they have with others to inform their development. The only way they can communicate their needs in the early part of their development is by crying. This does not make them narcissistic. It makes them vulnerable. And it's up to us to shed the ridiculous, shitty attitudes that we have towards that fact by not perpetuating the "babies are narcisists" stereotype.

I despise it when people say that women are overly emotional and irrational. I hate when people tell me that because I'm a woman I'm not complete unless I have a man in my life. I hate when people treat me disrespectfully simply because of my sex. It's fucking hippocritical for Jezebel to publish an article that derides and dehumanizes our youngest and most vulnerable citizens simply because they are our youngest and most vulnerable citizens.
Re: Anti-Facebook Article Slams Baybeeeez - Moooing Ensues.
April 29, 2014
MOOOO: I despise it when people say that women are overly emotional and irrational. I hate when people tell me that because I'm a woman I'm not complete unless I have a man in my life. I hate when people treat me disrespectfully simply because of my sex. It's fucking hippocritical for Jezebel to publish an article that derides and dehumanizes our youngest and most vulnerable annoying citizens simply because they are our youngest and most vulnerable annoying citizens.

Fixed it! bouncing and laughing
April 29, 2014
Oh, moo hates it when she's told her life was incomplete because she doesn't have a man? You mean like we CF hate it when we're told our lives are incomplete without kyds?
April 29, 2014
I despise it when people say that women are overly emotional and irrational. So here's a paragraph that can be best categorised as overly emotional and irrational.

I'll never understand the people who get offended on behalf of babies and small children.

They don't care. They're a baby. By the time they are able to take offence they won't be a baby so it won't apply to them. shrug

Is anyone sane genuinely bothered by the idea that someone hated you when you were too young to even have a proper personality? I know I'm not, but then I don't suffer from whatever it is that so many people have these days where they demand universal adoration.

thursdaynext
I despise it when people say that women are overly emotional and irrational. So here's a paragraph that can be best categorised as overly emotional and irrational.

I'll never understand the people who get offended on behalf of babies and small children.

They don't care. They're a baby. By the time they are able to take offence they won't be a baby so it won't apply to them. shrug

Is anyone sane genuinely bothered by the idea that someone hated you when you were too young to even have a proper personality? I know I'm not, but then I don't suffer from whatever it is that so many people have these days where they demand universal adoration.

No. My parents loved being parents but my mother has told me that I was hellish when I was a fresh loaf. She also said pregnancy stunk because I gave her a rash while I was baking. So no, I'm not offended because I don't think my parents liked me as a baybee all that much.
April 30, 2014
Babies ARE narcisistic. It is not ageism of what the fuck it is called today. Babies don't have the mental connection to be emphatic.
So what is this mooo complaining about? Science? Well, STFU buttercup, if reality doesn't allign with your feeling you better change your feeling, because reality sure as sky don't change.

“I was talking about children that have not been properly house-trained. Left to their own impulses and indulged by doting or careless parents almost all children are yahoos. Loud, selfish, cruel, unaffectionate, jealous, perpetually striving for attention, empty-headed, for ever prating or if words fail them simply bawling, their voices grown huge from daily practice: the very worst company in the world. But what I dislike even more than the natural child is the affected child, the hulking oaf of seven or eight that skips heavily about with her hands dangling in front of her -- a little squirrel or bunny-rabbit -- and prattling away in a baby's voice.”

― Patrick O'Brian, The Truelove

lib'-er-ty: the freedom given to you to make the wrong decision, based on the reasoned belief that you will normally make the right one.
April 30, 2014
The rest of the sentence that got moo panties twisted up is this:

"But that's a personality flaw that tends to diminish as people grow older and smarter and start encountering actual, you know, problems beyond "OMG, my iPad charger is SO GAY." So does it really matter?"

What the majority of the world hears and what is actually said always varies. The human world will always hear what it wants to and I will always find that funny. IF I wanted to rant about what the world hears and what was actually said I would be here for a very long time.
April 30, 2014
confused smiley Babies ARE narcissistic. They don't even have a concept of themselves, much less anyone else. They exist to have their every need met by others. If they don't get what they want when they want it, the baby gets angry and rages at the un-accommodating world. Most narcissists are pretty much stunted in their development that they're emotional infants. Babies are the definition of narcissism.
Moo needs to gtf over herself.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login